Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I do like how it looks. Never a big fan of TouchWiz, stock Android on the other hand is really nice.

I've switched back and forth between Android and iOS. I much prefer iOS. Smooth, fluid, fast and efficient.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The size is too big for me to be comfortable. Infact, moving from the iPhone 5, I find the size and weight of the 6s intimidating. I am not ready to move to a bigger phone than the 6S at the moment ( apart from my discomfort in using Android in any form).

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking about it for a few reasons, but I think I'm going to wait until the iPhone 7 specs get released. I want something with a really good camera, I like how Samsung upped the pixel size to allow more light in, also the camera case for it looks pretty awesome. The G5 looks pretty nice as well.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the s7edge but I plan to keep my 6s+ for just in case I have buyer's remorse. I can return the edge within the 14 day window.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Touchwiz isn't Android and the new Android features may or may not be implemented on the device. Regardless, on a Samsung device, the features announced in Android N won't make the S7 until about a year from now.

I respect Samsung, but I'll pass.

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
As someone who's spent way too much much than ill ever admit in buying and selling android phones as they come out, I would skip it as an iOS person. Touchwiz is they only shortcoming, but its awful. Its slow, unintuitive and severely drags update times on Samsung Devices. Samsung literally just started rolling out Marshmallow to S6 / Note 5 devices to SOME markets (not carrier branded markets at all in the US) and Marshmallow came out as a preview for nexus users (think iOS public beta) back in the summer of 2015 and officially at the end of September. If you're really interested in checking out an android device coming from an iphone, at least wait and see what the HTC m10 is going to be.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
As someone who's spent way too much much than ill ever admit in buying and selling android phones as they come out, I would skip it as an iOS person. Touchwiz is they only shortcoming, but its awful. Its slow, unintuitive and severely drags update times on Samsung Devices. Samsung literally just started rolling out Marshmallow to S6 / Note 5 devices to SOME markets (not carrier branded markets at all in the US) and Marshmallow came out as a preview for nexus users (think iOS public beta) back in the summer of 2015 and officially at the end of September. If you're really interested in checking out an android device coming from an iphone, at least wait and see what the HTC m10 is going to be.
I have a Note 5 in addition to the iPhone 6s Plus and boy is this ever true. I'm expecting that carrier branded devices probably won't get the update until mid-2016. It is such an incredible PITA. Moreover, the Samsung apps suck but because they're embedded so deep into the UI/UX of the device, you can't really get away from them completely without rooting. If you root then you break Samsung KNOX (burn the KNOX bit) and void your warranty. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 5 in addition to the iPhone 6s Plus and boy is this ever true. I'm expecting that carrier branded devices probably won't get the update until mid-2016.

My vote is 15 days (think return period) after the s7 comes out. Or at least near there. Samsung and att / verizon aren't rich for nothing.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been going back and forth on whether or not I will give it a go. The last android phone I actually used for more than a day or two was the Note 3 I believe.

In my head, I always tell myself this when I want to itch towards an android phone. 1st.. How much have you spent on APPs in iOS. The iTunes music/movies can be transferred so thats not a problem. Then I tell myself, Yes I might be able to customize the way my phone looks but what is the ultimate goal of any smartphone? The Apps. The Apps are better on iOS (subjective depending on opinion) They look better, and with there only being a handful of iOS Devices compared to Android devices support for those apps is a little better.

Thats what I tell myself.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I think that come September if apple doesn't wow me with the iPhone 7 I'm gonna go back to android with the s7 or note 6 (if I don't feel like keeping my 6 plus). Most likely they will produce something worth getting as usual so the chances of this happening is small. If I did leave, I would definitely miss the synergy all of my ios devices have.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I also not sure yet. I like the l low light cam and ppi sharp display. But battery life is the only one that stopping me. If I get s7 edge
Will be using a lot. If the battery lose out a lot to 6 plus.. Might regret. Lol

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I think that come September if apple doesn't wow me with the iPhone 7 I'm gonna go back to android with the s7 or note 6 (if I don't feel like keeping my 6 plus). Most likely they will produce something worth getting as usual so the chances of this happening is small. If I did leave, I would definitely miss the synergy all of my ios devices have.

I agree with this 100%.. Apple needs to step up with the 7.. Things I want on the 7, better low light camera, wireless charging, Reduce the bezel size (Note 5 has 5.7 screen on a smaller body) and lastly a better screen something close to the samsung screens

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this 100%.. Apple needs to step up with the 7.. Things I want on the 7, better low light camera, wireless charging, Reduce the bezel size (Note 5 has 5.7 screen on a smaller body) and lastly a better screen something close to the samsung screens

Yup. Same boat. I pre-ordered the S7 edge just to see if I could use it. I'll return it in the return window if not. I saw a picture on MacRumors of the size comparison between the S7 edge and 6s Plus (both with 5.5" screens) and it looked like the 6s next to the 6s Plus. Apple needs to make the Plus a little smaller. Or keep it the same size and increase the screen size. My wife has an S6 edge + and the lowlight pics with that phone compared to my 6s Plus aren't even in the same league. I'm sure the S7 edge will completely knock it out of the park. Apple makes great products, but they have some catching up to do. Samsung makes the best screen and camera at this point.