iOS 9.2.1 App Switcher

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just now recently updated my iPhone 6s+ from 9.1 to 9.2.1 and now my app switcher isn't as "fluid" as it used to be.

I don't know if I can accurately explain what is happening but before 9.2.1 I could swipe and the apple switcher would scroll through out my open apps fluidly! Now on 9.2.1 it's more static "boxy!"

Was that a change everyone came across when updating?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any difference in appearance however if you are noticing a lack of fluidity I would give it a couple days. iOS devices usually take a day or two to optimize themselves.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not that my phone is "laggy" but the app switcher moves on a 1x1 swipe versus multiple moving on one swipe. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to make sure this is how it is supposed to be.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
It's not that my phone is "laggy" but the app switcher moves on a 1x1 swipe versus multiple moving on one swipe. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to make sure this is how it is supposed to be.

It must be because "Reduce Motion" is enabled. Yes, I agree the app switcher was more fluid, but in 9.2.1 for those who have "Reduce Motion" enabled, like myself and probably you, it makes the app switching more on a 1-by-1 or "boxy" as you put. If you want the more fluid app switching experience you're going to have to go into Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion?OFF. But then again, if like myself, you don't like the animations it's going to bring those back, but at least the app switching will be that fluid motion that was once there pre-iOS 9.2.1. In sum, yes this is how Apple intended it to be, not sure how they thought this would be ideal for those who just didn't want/need the constant animations. If you really want that fluid app switching experience, you're going to have to put up with the iOS animations and disable "Reduce Motion."

Try that, should work:yes:.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I didn't notice until I read this, but yes there is a slight decline in fluidity with App Switcher. Not enough for me to complain as the rest of the OS is more fluid than before.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not worth it for me to toggle "reduce motion" off. I can't stand those animations and I like the translucent look with the folders and the "today" notification screen.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It must be because "Reduce Motion" is enabled. Yes, I agree the app switcher was more fluid, but in 9.2.1 for those who have "Reduce Motion" enabled, like myself and probably you, it makes the app switching more on a 1-by-1 or "boxy" as you put. If you want the more fluid app switching experience you're going to have to go into Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion–OFF. But then again, if like myself, you don't like the animations it's going to bring those back, but at least the app switching will be that fluid motion that was once there pre-iOS 9.2.1. In sum, yes this is how Apple intended it to be, not sure how they thought this would be ideal for those who just didn't want/need the constant animations. If you really want that fluid app switching experience, you're going to have to put up with the iOS animations and disable "Reduce Motion."

Try that, should work:yes:.

Yes you are absouletly correct. Like others has said though, It is just not worth the hassle flipping that switch on. I was just wanting to make sure that this is the way it was supposed to be once updating and that my software was not acting wonky.

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR