3D Touch choppy animations

PureView

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone notice that there is a definite choppiness to the animations in all 3D Touch actions. On the home screen, or peek or pop animations, there is a definite choppiness when you compare it to the non-plus 6S, where it's a perfect 60FPS.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6s Plus and 3D Touch is running smooth as butter for me. When you got your iPhone did you restore from a backup or set it up as a new device? There are many around here, including me, that will claim that setting up as new makes a difference with performance and battery life.
I can't promise it will fix your issue but it's something to consider.

hopesrequiem

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes it is choppy. I go into accessibility and turn reduced transparency on and it's butter. I also love having the pull down shade being fully black personally. The 6s I originally had didn't have any lag with 3D Touch. Only the plus has it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Where am I? I'm on 9.2 if that's what you mean, everythingapplepro had a video on it also.

Here's a kid displaying it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xz_RjWOUUPM

I meant where on your phone do you experience choppiness? Ok, I see what you're looking at. It does seem a little more rough in landscape. But I would have never noticed. I rarely use my phone in landscape. And what little it does isn't important. It's new technology. They'll keep making it better like they do everything else.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I did notice this difference between the 6S and 6S+. Especially bad in landscape.

Just updated my wife's 6S+ to iOS 9.3 public beta 3 and the animations are smooth as silk. I don't notice any difference between it and my 6S. Hopefully it stays that way when the final build is released to the general public.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I did notice this difference between the 6S and 6S+. Especially bad in landscape.

Just updated my wife's 6S+ to iOS 9.3 public beta 3 and the animations are smooth as silk. I don't notice any difference between it and my 6S. Hopefully it stays that way when the final build is released to the general public.

Mines still super choppy on beta 3 haha

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hers is super choppy in landscape. Not so much in portrait. I can't see any difference. Obviously different experiences. Hers is a 64 GB silver with the TSMC chip, if that makes any difference.

I meant landscape sorry on the confusion. I've had Samsung and tsmc..makes no difference