Is there any lock application for whats app and facebook?

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I need a privacy app to lock whats app and facebook.. Or i can put then in a folder and make lock code for this folder.. Any help?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I need a privacy app to lock whats app and facebook.. Or i can put then in a folder and make lock code for this folder.. Any help?

The short answer is 'no'. Apple maintains heavy control of the UI, including security and privacy settings. Unless the app itself has a lock function built into it or you're jailbroken there's really nothing you can do.

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
At android system i can download some privacy applications to lock any application i want.
I hoped i can find same thing on apple as it gives me some privacy if some one is playing with my phone.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
At android system i can download some privacy applications to lock any application i want.
I hoped i can find same thing on apple as it gives me some privacy if some one is playing with my phone.

U can always jailbreak. Unfortunately there's no way to lock apps as it's mentioned above. That's one thing I wish iOS did.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I take it that securing your entire device with a lockscreen passcode is insufficient?

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

Apple has not implemented something like that and doubtful that they will. The only way for you to get something like that and lock apps is by jailbreaking your iPhone and installing a tweak through Cydia like "BioLockdown" or "iTouchSecure" and the like. Read up on it if that's what you want to do. In sum, there is no app or official method of doing something like "locking an app" on an iOS device as it is.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Another option would be to use Guided Access, which is in Settings > General > Accessbility. It works in the opposite direction though. Instead of blocking access to certain apps it locks the user into one particular app. I use it all of the time when my kids are playing a game or watching a movie on my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2