wow. I don't see how you guys do that 30% brightness. I run mine at 100% brightness, without autobright no matter what phone I own.
    I would get an Apple battery case before I would run the screen below 100%

I just turned mine down to 30-40% and cringed at how dim and horrible it looked. back at 100%
    maverick786us likes this.
    01-24-2016 12:09 AM
    No. If you run it down 1%, then you have used 1/100 th of a charge cycle. If you run it down to 10%, then you have used 9/10 of a charge cycle.
    Aren't you saying the same thing you said no to? Which the example used that you said no to was in fact, correct. The difference being you are looking at it from a battery discharge perspective.
    01-24-2016 02:46 AM
    LOL. Its really interesting to read all your replies to my post.

But tell me something: if like all you say, virtually nothing has an influence on battery health, how come that so many ppl have battery problems after 2 years or why battery health is soooo different for many users after such a period of time??
    01-24-2016 06:55 AM
    If it were 50% longer lasting I wouldn't.
    01-24-2016 08:23 AM
    Aren't you saying the same thing you said no to? Which the example used that you said no to was in fact, correct. The difference being you are looking at it from a battery discharge perspective.
    Sorry, that "no" was an agreement to their "no". LOL Guess it didn't sound like it.
    01-24-2016 08:32 AM
    What is "everything"? Some things don't use much battery. Bluetooth doesn't. What uses battery most? Brightness, GPS usage for long periods, a few apps that run in the background too much. Like Facebook and TapaTalk. So does the stock Mail app. Those are the biggies. I keep my brightness at about 30% and don't worry much about the rest.
    Apple Music, 3D Touch, Siri, location, background app refresh, Bluetooth, handoff, reduce transparency, fitness tracking, iCloud (completely logged out) stock mail app (do not use) gamecenter, LTE off... Facebook only shows 3 min background activity since last week, brightness set to about 35% (auto brightness off)
    01-24-2016 08:38 AM
    Sorry, that "no" was an agreement to their "no". LOL Guess it didn't sound like it.
    Ha got it lol!
    01-24-2016 08:38 AM
    Apple Music, 3D Touch, Siri, location, background app refresh, Bluetooth, handoff, reduce transparency, fitness tracking, iCloud (completely logged out) stock mail app (do not use) gamecenter, LTE off... Facebook only shows 3 min background activity since last week, brightness set to about 35% (auto brightness off)
    You don't need to turn all that off. Just use good judgment. You're overdoing it. You're obsessing with the battery way too much. Battery use is normal. There's absolutely no need to turn all that off. Your battery and phone will do fine with that stuff on. Just tweak it here and there. If you can't enjoy your iPhone, you may as well get a flip phone.
    Sherry_B and tsparks1 like this.
    01-24-2016 09:10 AM
    No matter how good a battery is, we will have to have a routine that keeps it from getting low when we don't want it low. Your routine works well - charge it when we sleep. If the battery lasts for a week, remembering to recharge it every Sunday is more difficult to do than charging it every night. A recharging stand next to the bed works well.

Actually, I prefer connecting it to my Mac, so that software updates work. But the USB plug on my Mac is not powerful enough to recharge my 2nd generation iPad. (How bad is that?) My iPhone 6S plus recharges there.
    01-24-2016 09:17 AM
    LOL. Its really interesting to read all your replies to my post.

But tell me something: if like all you say, virtually nothing has an influence on battery health, how come that so many ppl have battery problems after 2 years or why battery health is soooo different for many users after such a period of time??
    Each person uses his or her iPhone differently, that's why. Furthermore, soooo many of us do not have battery problems after 2 years. A good deal of people install numerous apps and games on their device and NEVER go through the settings to see what permissions are set by default. Various games have access to cellular data, background app refresh and notifications, and they really don't need access to any of those things, in my opinion. Yet, those thing can contribute to battery life. In addition, many people are on their devices longer than they realize, especially those who frequently use social apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Heck, my kids are on YouTube and Vine all day everyday watching videos and are always charging their devices. Finally, a weak or intermittent cellular signal can deplete one's battery quickly.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 01-24-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    01-24-2016 10:44 AM
    You don't need to turn all that off. Just use good judgment. You're overdoing it. You're obsessing with the battery way too much. Battery use is normal. There's absolutely no need to turn all that off. Your battery and phone will do fine with that stuff on. Just tweak it here and there. If you can't enjoy your iPhone, you may as well get a flip phone.
    Apple Music sucks, I never use location services (maybe once a month) background app refresh I haven't really looked into that much (I just figured where as I have a low data plan it would eat that up in a heart beat) I never use any Bluetooth devices except a speaker in the summer. I don't really care for 3D Touch that much, Siri doesn't know anything without a web search ( another data user) a lot if these that I have turned off I barely use anyways
    01-24-2016 10:49 AM
    I just enjoy my iPhone (6s Plus) and not worry about two years from now, just today. The 6s Plus has the BEST battery life on a day to day basis than any smartphone that I've ever owned. This works for ME.
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-24-2016 11:25 AM
    Apple Music sucks, I never use location services (maybe once a month) background app refresh I haven't really looked into that much (I just figured where as I have a low data plan it would eat that up in a heart beat) I never use any Bluetooth devices except a speaker in the summer. I don't really care for 3D Touch that much, Siri doesn't know anything without a web search ( another data user) a lot if these that I have turned off I barely use anyways
    Background App Refresh is a good thing. Apple didn't add it in iOS 7 to eat battery. It's to help apps running in the background to do so more efficiently. Thus saving battery. All apps need to run in the background. Most don't stay there for long. But a few want to hang out there way to much. That's where the problem is. Turning off Background App Refresh does not stop an app from running in the background, nor does it eat battery.
    01-24-2016 01:35 PM
    wow. I don't see how you guys do that 30% brightness. I run mine at 100% brightness, without autobright no matter what phone I own.
    I would get an Apple battery case before I would run the screen below 100%

I just turned mine down to 30-40% and cringed at how dim and horrible it looked. back at 100%
    I have auto brightness, 100% is WAY too bright. Here's mine in a relatively dim room (watching the AFC playoffs). No lights on but window light through the blinds. It's perfect.

But yikes, I'm at 56% -- better charge it!

How many of you care about your battery seriously?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1453666407.080670.jpg
    01-24-2016 03:13 PM
    Background App Refresh is a good thing. Apple didn't add it in iOS 7 to eat battery. It's to help apps running in the background to do so more efficiently. Thus saving battery. All apps need to run in the background. Most don't stay there for long. But a few want to hang out there way to much. That's where the problem is. Turning off Background App Refresh does not stop an app from running in the background, nor does it eat battery.
    Ok, but what about my data? I noticed in iOS 7 app refresh helped put me over my data limit and here in Canada after I went over, my data was cancelled? (I was unable to use any data until the next month)
    01-24-2016 03:19 PM
    Ok, but what about my data? I noticed in iOS 7 app refresh helped put me over my data limit and here in Canada after I went over, my data was cancelled? (I was unable to use any data until the next month)
    How did you figure it was app refresh that caused you to go over your limit. It's my experience that watching videos is more likely, among other things.
    01-24-2016 03:30 PM
    Each person uses his or her iPhone differently, that's why. Furthermore, soooo many of us do not have battery problems after 2 years. A good deal of people install numerous apps and games on their device and NEVER go through the settings to see what permissions are set by default. Various games have access to cellular data, background app refresh and notifications, and they really don't need access to any of those things, in my opinion. Yet, those thing can contribute to battery life. In addition, many people are on their devices longer than they realize, especially those who frequently use social apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Heck, my kids are on YouTube and Vine all day everyday watching videos and are always charging their devices. Finally, a weak or intermittent cellular signal can deplete one's battery quickly.
    U are confusing things; i am talking about battery health not battery usage....... Usage is unique to every person. But after reading all those fairy tales above battery health should be universally well after 2 years of usage. But we know from these forums that really MANY ppl have problems withs theirs after that such a period of time.
    01-24-2016 05:17 PM
    U are confusing things; i am talking about battery health not battery usage....... Usage is unique to every person. But after reading all those fairy tales above battery health should be universally well after 2 years of usage. But we know from these forums that really MANY ppl have problems withs theirs after that such a period of time.
    No, I am not confusing things. Usage determines its health, and from the questions I've read in the forums over the years, the focus is primarily on what some users perceive to be quick battery depletion. Yet, when their usage habits change or they make adjustments in the device's settings, their battery life improves.
    Sherry_B, Rob Phillips and taz323 like this.
    01-24-2016 05:24 PM
    2 years for a battery is good for a heavy user like me. Most of us upgrade after 1 or 2 years. So there's really no point in worrying about the battery. If I need to use my phone more than 2 years, I'll buy a new battery. My Wife doesn't use hers as much or do as many battery intense things like I do. Her 5c is 2 years old now. It'll last her another year or 2.
    01-24-2016 06:34 PM
    With non-replaceable batteries, how many of you consider the longevity of your battery seriously?

For example. These batteries have a very limited lifespan, where after 180-200 charges, the battery starts degrading. So lets say if someone unnecessarily charge for 1 sec, that will count as one count.

I always have to take extra measure like...
    1) I do not put it on charging until the battery percentage is less than 10%.
    2) When I put it on charging I make sure that it is 100% charged, before taking it out.
    3) I never follow that casual policy where people put it on charging, if receive call they take it out and then put it again.

How many of you, follow this strict battery practice, and is it really helpful in long life of the battery? Please share your openion
    Apple says their batteries should perform at a good level for up to about 525 full charges. Not sure how that squares with the 180-200 incremental charges.
    01-24-2016 07:20 PM
    I care about my battery life so much I bought a Chinese knock off of Mophie Juice Pack (i6). After 7 months it died I was going to buy a Mophie Juice Pack when I was at Apple store. The sales rep told me it does not fit on all docks. Remembering how I struggled getting the phone in and out of the case, I spent the extra $40 dollars to buy the iPhone Smart Case. The Apple rep told me the case fits in all docks, however he failed to tell me I needed to buy a aux adapter, unless I only use the Apple EarPods
    01-24-2016 09:25 PM
    I care about my battery life so much I bought a Chinese knock off of Mophie Juice Pack (i6). After 7 months it died I was going to buy a Mophie Juice Pack when I was at Apple store. The sales rep told me it does not fit on all docks. Remembering how I struggled getting the phone in and out of the case, I spent the extra $40 dollars to buy the iPhone Smart Case. The Apple rep told me the case fits in all docks, however he failed to tell me I needed to buy a aux adapter, unless I only use the Apple EarPods
    And a brand new battery is $80. Lol
    01-24-2016 10:24 PM
    Guys thanks for your suggestion. Now I would worry less about the battery life and will never let my iPhone batter discharge below 20%.

I worry about my battery life when I am travelling overseas, as if I am out and about, I am not sure when I will be able to get to an electrical outlet, nor how long the battery will last trying to get connections on foreign networks.

I also worry about it when I travel on weekends, as I may not be around outlets for over a day at a time.

I'd love to have a battery that could last 2-3 days with heavy use. I'd live with a couple of mm thickness increase to achieve it.
    Removal of the 3.5mm jack will create a big mess. Where the current headsets will not be supported we won't be able to use high end headsets from BOSE and Beats which are meant for multiple devices.

The current thickness is the limit. We don't need anything thinner than this. It will make the device fragile, weak batter, speakers and music quality and worst, it will make the device difficult to hold.
    01-25-2016 12:15 AM
    The battery life on my iPhones through the years has never been an issue with me. I guess I just plan on keeping them charged and it isn't s big deal.
    01-25-2016 06:25 AM
    No, I am not confusing things. Usage determines its health, and from the questions I've read in the forums over the years, the focus is primarily on what some users perceive to be quick battery depletion. Yet, when their usage habits change or they make adjustments in the device's settings, their battery life improves.
    Wait, wait...... So "usage" has an effect on battery health, but how u charge your battery does not?? That is kinda ridiculous. It s not a question of perceivement if you can find thousands of users that complain about bad battery after 20 months. And NO adjustements do not take care of the ruined battery.
    01-25-2016 07:32 AM
124 12345