When I first got my iPhone 6S Plus 128 GB, I had a problem where every few days, Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz Wifi would stop working Until I toggled Bluetooth off and on. I spent nearly a month troubleshooting this with Apple, including doing things like resetting network settings and even doing a restore and setting up as new. Nothing fixed this problem. None of my other iOS device (iPad Air 2, iPhone 5s, iPad 2) had this problem.

Finally on Oct 13, 2015, I had the phone swapped which appeared to fix the problem. I never saw that problem again, that is until this past weekend. Over the course of 3 days I saw it several times. I even determined it was causing my horrible Wifi performance once day when I was connected to my 2.4 GHz Wifi network and getting a few hundred kbps speeds. Bluetooth also stopped working several times. I wasn't sure it was the same problem until today when I saw that when Bluetooth died, 2.4 Ghz networks vanished as well. I had just updated my iPhone to iOS 9.2.1 about 10 hours prior, so Bluetooth died in that time.

Basically the problem has returned after three months. Any idea what's wrong? Is the hardware failing or is it something else?

Edit:

I had a thought. I replaced the batteries in my TiVo remote this weekend. It uses Wifi or Bluetooth. My phone usually sits right next to it when I'm watching TV. Perhaps the stronger signal damaged the Bluetooth antenna or otherwise messed it up? I don't know why that would be though since my phone was sitting next to that remote for months and the problem went away after swapping my phone.

Is it possible for a Wifi/Bluetooth device to permanently damage the iPhone Bluetooth chip?
    Last edited by Morac; 01-20-2016 at 01:22 AM.
    01-20-2016 12:58 AM
    I had no issue. Back up and do a restore? I had to re-pair by bt watch and headphone when updated to beta os, haven't dropped since.
    01-20-2016 01:25 AM
    I had no issue. Back up and do a restore? I had to re-pair by bt watch and headphone when updated to beta os, haven't dropped since.
    I've done that when this happened 3 months ago and nothing solved the problem other than swapping the phone.
    01-20-2016 01:37 AM
    I've done that when this happened 3 months ago and nothing solved the problem other than swapping the phone.
    Have you tried other 2.4 router?
    01-20-2016 02:32 AM
    Have you tried other 2.4 router?
    No 2.4 networks for any routers show up in Wifi list when the problem occurs.

Problem happened again overnight.
    01-20-2016 08:17 AM