Best iPhone features to check out for a former android fan

WeTheNorthRTZ

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Coming from a Note 5 for the last 2 months and a 6S Plus before that since launch.. I can say that there arent really many "standout" features necessarily.. But I did just recently (yesterday) come back to the 6S Plus for a few reasons..

1. Battery life is definitely better on the 6S Plus.. Note 5 couldnt make it through the day for me.. I could be fully charged at 9am and have a dead phone by 5pm easily... sometimes sooner.
2. Swipe down on the home screen to quick search google! Probably my most used feature that I missed on Android!
3 Notification shade widgets! Weather Network looks real nice in the notification shade as well as the Score!

Really the only "features" id say that stand out from Android!

Besides that Apple's warranty and reliability are the other main reasons I came back!

femme

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Note 5 for the last 2 months and a 6S Plus before that since launch.. I can say that there arent really many "standout" features necessarily.. But I did just recently (yesterday) come back to the 6S Plus for a few reasons..

1. Battery life is definitely better on the 6S Plus.. Note 5 couldnt make it through the day for me.. I could be fully charged at 9am and have a dead phone by 5pm easily... sometimes sooner.
2. Swipe down on the home screen to quick search google! Probably my most used feature that I missed on Android!
3 Notification shade widgets! Weather Network looks real nice in the notification shade as well as the Score!

Really the only "features" id say that stand out from Android!

Besides that Apple's warranty and reliability are the other main reasons I came back!

You're definitely right about the battery. My Note 4 died every afternoon. This phone still has a little juice when I go to bed!

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am a huge fan of Android, and while I had a few iPhones early on, I have been in the Android camp for many years.

I recently had the opportunity to switch from VZW to ATT and cut my bill in half and get Unlimited data in the process, so I had a choice to make...

I had a Nexus 6 running the latest and greatest from Google. Amazing phone, loved it. But in order to get the $500 credit per line, I had to trade that in and get a new phone.

The only phones that were considered an upgrade were the Note 5 and the iPhone 6S Plus.

I really thought about it... and the Note 5 had a little nicer hardware, but was a downgrade in the software department, still running a skinned version of Lollipop...

So I rolled the dice and went with the iPhone.

It's very nice, but it does fall short in many areas. Can I live it it? Yeah, I am changing my usage patterns around the limitations... But overall it is a very nice phone, and it does work well so long as you don't try to leave the box that Apple creates for you.

It's still behind Android in several areas, and some will be deal breakers for some people... But overall it is an excellent smartphone and it does most of the things that you need without too many issues.

The iPhone has come a long way since the 3Gs, having copied a lot of Android features. Hopefully iOS 10 will address some more, like letting us pick our default apps, so that if you want to use Google Maps and Chrome or other apps, you can select them as default, so that you don't have to do the stupid opening multiple apps and copying and pasting between them all the time... Very annoying...

For the most part, I am happy enough with mine that I wasn't compelled to pay the $35 exchange fee and return it for the Note 5...

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am a huge fan of Android, and while I had a few iPhones early on, I have been in the Android camp for many years.

I recently had the opportunity to switch from VZW to ATT and cut my bill in half and get Unlimited data in the process, so I had a choice to make...

I had a Nexus 6 running the latest and greatest from Google. Amazing phone, loved it. But in order to get the $500 credit per line, I had to trade that in and get a new phone.

The only phones that were considered an upgrade were the Note 5 and the iPhone 6S Plus.

I really thought about it... and the Note 5 had a little nicer hardware, but was a downgrade in the software department, still running a skinned version of Lollipop...

So I rolled the dice and went with the iPhone.

It's very nice, but it does fall short in many areas. Can I live it it? Yeah, I am changing my usage patterns around the limitations... But overall it is a very nice phone, and it does work well so long as you don't try to leave the box that Apple creates for you.

It's still behind Android in several areas, and some will be deal breakers for some people... But overall it is an excellent smartphone and it does most of the things that you need without too many issues.

The iPhone has come a long way since the 3Gs, having copied a lot of Android features. Hopefully iOS 10 will address some more, like letting us pick our default apps, so that if you want to use Google Maps and Chrome or other apps, you can select them as default, so that you don't have to do the stupid opening multiple apps and copying and pasting between them all the time... Very annoying...

For the most part, I am happy enough with mine that I wasn't compelled to pay the $35 exchange fee and return it for the Note 5...

I've been in the same boat as you. Primarily Android for the past 6 years. I've dabbled in iOS, but really only been an Android user. There are places that it lags behind Android, that's for sure (I agree with the default app issue - I'd love to have Chrome as my default browser, and the Gmail app as my default email). But for my usage now, the places where it excels are more important to me. That would be stability, battery, smoothness, security and apps. I also like how I can use an iPad and Mac and have the same experience and they work together as one cohesive unit. This is not the case with anything on Android.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Try something freaky:

Install Tweetbot on a Mac and Tweetbot on an iPhone/iPad. Make sure you use the same iCloud ID on each.

Open Tweetbot on each device and just start scrolling down the feed and stop on a random tweet on one device. Tweetbot on the other device will scroll down with you and stop at that same tweet.

ShanAli8800

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
In my opinion that coming from note 4 to iPhone 6s plus was an excellent decision since it does everything better.
I had an iPhone 4 once and i hated it, literally every top android phone was just better so went back to android but now i don't see myself changing again.

rayporsche

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Again 3D Touch is pretty cool, the double touch of the home button to interact with other opened apps ( very close to the Android), Siri takes care of everything, iOS feels very polished & smooth, if you are using a Mac the ecosystem undoubtedly works, everything seems to be in harmony instead of against each other and definitely don't miss the constant updating of the Androids apps., won't even go to the Google privacy issues and such. My last iOS experience was with a 4S and they've come a long way since then, another thing that used to hold me back was the small 1GB RAM memory, now at least we get 2GB which it's below the 3GB of the Note 3 & 4 and the 4GB of the Note 5 but still the iOS runs so smooth that you can hardly notice. And last but not least the darn thing is so beautiful, almost like a piece of art !!! hahaha.....

wsmather

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by A895
- 3D touch the side of the screen to multitasking between the previous apps.
- Often people forget about reachability which is double tapping the home button not pressing it

Even easier for me is to double-press the home button to access previous opened apps. Less touchy than the 3D side screen touch

wsmather

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Even I'm too an android fan but I'm planning to shift from android to apple, is it a good decision? Help me out please.

I made the change recently from my Moto X 2013 to the Iphone 6s. Jumping ecosystems wasn't nearly as big a deal as I thought it would be, largely thanks to Google being so friendly with both. It made bridging the two rather trivial, really. And it was so totally worth it. The UX just can't be compared. Never thought I'd make the change, but here I am! :)