iPhone dies in the cold?

I

iMore Question

I've had my iPhone 6s Plus for 4 months now and I must say it's an amazing device.Now,lately I've been experiencing a really weird issue with it.I live in a country where the weather conditions are as bad as in Canada right now if not worse meaning it's very cold over here.The temperature tends to drop 20 degrees subzero over here.Anyway,today my phone died on 17% under the following weather conditions: -3 degrees Celsius/wind nm 9mph feels like -9 degrees.Is this normal behavior or could there be some sort of a hardware issue here?Is anyone familiar with this?Help pls!

anon(4166778)

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've gone ice fishing where it was 20 degrees below zero and my battery lasted all day on my 6S. It may have drained quicker than usual, but it didn't die all of a sudden or act weird at all. I noticed the pixels on the screen lagged a bit but nothing crazy.. Maybe try to keep it in a warmer pocket.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My guess is extreme temperatures whether hot or cold would have an impact on any device not just an iPhone, especially if the device is exposed to those conditions for an extended period of time. If you know in advance you'll be in sub zero temps try to keep your device close to your body or turn it off if that's a suitable option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2