Is this good?
    01-18-2016 11:12 PM
    Hi, what's good and what's not good all depends on one main thing. If you can manage a full cycle with your phone, that's good if not, that's not so good. I am a moderate user and in the evening I am left with around 65% battery life. That is my cycle, as in the evenings, I can comfortably charge my phone. To myself, that is a very good battery life. In your case, you have to find your cycle/routine and if your battery does not last you that long, you have to find means to extend it's life (unless you are unhappy with your phone and you are willing to change!). You can do this in various ways; Check battery status, alter phone settings, buy a power pack etc... Hope that helps.
    01-19-2016 06:15 AM
    Hi, what's good and what's not good all depends on one main thing. If you can manage a full cycle with your phone, that's good if not, that's not so good. I am a moderate user and in the evening I am left with around 65% battery life. That is my cycle, as in the evenings, I can comfortably charge my phone. To myself, that is a very good battery life. In your case, you have to find your cycle/routine and if your battery does not last you that long, you have to find means to extend it's life (unless you are unhappy with your phone and you are willing to change!). You can do this in various ways; Check battery status, alter phone settings, buy a power pack etc... Hope that helps.
    Nice first post. Welcome to iMore
    01-19-2016 07:56 AM
    Looks GREAT to me!! What apps are up there that you are using more ?
    01-19-2016 08:17 AM
    Looks GREAT to me!! What apps are up there that you are using more ?
    Twitter and spotify lol
    01-19-2016 09:32 AM
    I heard this complain from many iPhone users, specially from iPhone 6s plus. They should sort out this problem as soon as possible before the sale rate moves down just because this reason.
    01-19-2016 10:10 AM
    If you spend a fairly decent amount of time on social media, I find that the single biggest battery-killing culprit is Facebook.
    01-19-2016 12:56 PM
    Can I just point out what no one has yet - Apple's estimates on battery life:
    Talk time
    Up to 14 hours on 3G
    Standby time
    Up to 10 days
    Internet use
    Up to 10 hours on 3G,
    up to 10 hours on LTE,
    up to 11 hours on Wi‑Fi
    HD video playback
    Up to 11 hours
    Audio playback
    Up to 50 hours

So if OP is getting 8-9 hours with mostly YouTube and Music I'd personally say he is doing fine. If he expected 13 hours? He was grossly misinformed.

The thing to remember with these numbers is that they are exclusive to that activity, so 11 hours of Video playback is with a local video file and everything else turned off. If he is watching YouTube then you need to subtract the LTE estimate from the Video estimate, so 11 hours on LTE and 10 Hours on Video would mean that he would get about 5.25 hours of combined LTE and Video if the only thing he is doing is YouTube.
    (10+11)/2 = 10.5 hours of LTE + Video, since they are both running at the same time then a combined time of 5.25
    Justin Antonio likes this.
    01-19-2016 01:51 PM
    Calling Apple Support at 1(800)APL-CARE would be more appropriate to start with concerning battery drain. Apple support is able to do a remote diagnostic of your device over the phone, including the battery. Apple Support is also able to use the diagnostic data to see how quickly your battery charges and drains each day. Very useful. They just have you follow a few simple steps.

It is unlikely that the phone is the culprit. Far more likely that it's a few apps. If you have updated to the current version of iOS 9, you have the ability to see how much battery is being drained on an app-by-app basis. You can even hone in on how much screen-on and screen-off time the apps are using.

Settings > Battery

Go there and explore.
    01-19-2016 05:46 PM
    Yes, especially being that out of the 11 hours off the charger, you were using the phone for 9 of those hours.
    01-19-2016 08:17 PM
    thanks that's amazing battery life
    01-21-2016 07:57 PM
    My battery life got better with iOS 9.2.1. I still do not have 8 to 11 hours like some people here but i've got almost the same battery life as before! So i guess iOS 9.2 was buggy in a way for me! Oddly, it is the only update that i did through iTunes!

Though Mail seems still to drain a lot of battery life. I've got 18% of battery used for 2 mins on screen and 1 minute in the background! Sounds like it needs to be optimized.
    01-21-2016 07:59 PM
    That is happening to me too
    01-21-2016 08:25 PM
    iOS 9.2.1 is the opposite for me when it comes to battery life, 9.2 was rock solid in that department. But I would rather take the very tiny performance improvements over an extra 1-2 hours of battery
    01-21-2016 09:00 PM
    My battery life got better with iOS 9.2.1. I still do not have 8 to 11 hours like some people here but i've got almost the same battery life as before! So i guess iOS 9.2 was buggy in a way for me! Oddly, it is the only update that i did through iTunes!

Though Mail seems still to drain a lot of battery life. I've got 18% of battery used for 2 mins on screen and 1 minute in the background! Sounds like it needs to be optimized.
    I've encountered the native Mail app crash/process getting hung before, which then causes battery drain. This was on iOS 7.x and iPhone 5S. A power down/up cycle should fix that, but recommend keeping an eye on it. The problem reappeared for me even after a full restore as new. I always enable "Automatically Send" in Settings\Privacy\Diagnostics & Usage. This way Apple gets the crash reports.
    Lestat1886 likes this.
    01-22-2016 07:31 AM
    Try and get it replaced at an Apple Store if you can! My first 6S Plus had very average battery life.. I complained, they swapped it out for me (he said it was a one time exception... so not sure if itll work for you) and the new phone definitely had better battery life! Can get through the day with it pretty well!
    01-27-2016 09:52 AM
41 12