i was in a meeting and left my phone on the table, when I returned my phone was missing
    01-14-2016 11:30 AM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

i was in a meeting and left my phone on the table, when I returned my phone was missing
    Welcome to iMore.

Did you have the Find My iPhone app turned On. This will be the best chance of recovering your phone. Sign into iCloud.com on any computer, click on the Find My iPhone app and under All Devices, if the phone is still on, it will show its location. You will then be able to make your phone Play a Sound, put it in Lost Mode, or Erase It, which would be a last resort.

You could also try phoning it, but if it is stolen and that was the intention, then it has most likely been turned off. Then your only alternative is to report it to the police and your cellular carrier so it can be blacklisted and is no longer usable. Hopefully you had insurance on it.
    This webpage explains how find my iphone works and as long as you had it on it SHOULD work. I would advise you NOT to confront the thief on your own, simply report the info to the authorities, UNLESS you find it was simply misplaced.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-14-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: forgot to post site!!!!! duh!
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-14-2016 11:57 AM
    Welcome to iMore.

Did you have the Find My iPhone app turned On. This will be the best chance of recovering your phone. Sign into iCloud.com on any computer, click on the Find My iPhone app and under All Devices, if the phone is still on, it will show its location. You will then be able to make your phone Play a Sound, put it in Lost Mode, or Erase It, which would be a last resort.

You could also try phoning it, but if it is stolen and that was the intention, then it has most likely been turned off. Then your only alternative is to report it to the police and your cellular carrier so it can be blacklisted and is no longer usable. Hopefully you had insurance on it.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-14-2016 12:07 PM