I have been having non stop issues since getting this iPhone and I'm about to give up.

When I connect my iPhone to iTunes, I select the manually manage music and videos box and then sync.

However, when I select playlists to sync, it keeps unchecking the box and all this music is showing up on my iPhone that I didn't even select to put on there.

I do not have Apple Music, I have "Show Apple Music" turned off and I at no time have ever been subscribed to Match.

Does anyone know how to fix this without having to restore my iPhone again (would be the 3rd time since I got it yesterday)

Also, I have noticed album artwork is missing too where it wasn't doing this before.

Any help is appreciated.
    01-06-2016 07:11 PM
    Have you followed the directions found via the following link?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593
    01-06-2016 07:39 PM
    Yes, I have done all of that and for some reason it keeps unchecking the "manually manage box", I have appointment with Apple tomorrow to see if they can figure it out. Thank you for the help!
    01-06-2016 08:11 PM
    Yes, I have done all of that and for some reason it keeps unchecking the "manually manage box", I have appointment with Apple tomorrow to see if they can figure it out. Thank you for the help!
    We'd love to have an update on your situation after your genius appointment.
    01-06-2016 11:40 PM
    No problem. I am now having a new issue as well, when I set up the phone as new, it downloaded all my photos from the iCloud library which was a good thing. However, later in the day, I went to send a pic and all my photos were gone and was acting as if I had never signed into iCloud.

So I signed into iCloud and when it goes to update my photo library, it is now acting as if there are only about 100 photos to download when there are over 1200.

I have no idea what is going on with this phone and it is the 2nd one I've had in the past week. Very frustrating.
    01-07-2016 10:45 AM
    I went to my appointment and unfortunately they were no help at Apple. The person I got wanted to make sure everything was off like "Show Apple Music", and wanted to know if I was subscribed to Match or Apple Music.....I am not.

So they couldn't figure out why my purchased music is showing up on both my iPhone & iPod, nor could they figure out why I couldn't manually manage music and the box stay checked.

Their only suggestion was to go down the list on "My Music" on iPhone and iPod and delete all content that is in the cloud under purchased off the device.

So I guess my search for answers will continue
    01-07-2016 04:07 PM
    I have this same problem. Here are a couple questions. Do you or anybody in your family/house hold have an iPod or iPhone? If so, are they set up to sync over WiFi? My daughter has an iPod Nano and is set up to sync over WiFi like my iPhone is. I am wondering if this may be the cause.
    01-08-2016 06:17 PM
    Here is an update. Even after ensuring that certain tracks were deselected in iTunes and deleted from the phone, they STILL popped up. So I had to delete them using the music app on the phone itself. Also, I learned that iOS 9.2 doesn't play well with older car infotainment systems. It would start playing the very first track (based on track name) on my phone.

I figured out that if you leave the music app running when you disconnect the phone it will start back up on the track you were playing when you shut off the car and reconnect the phone. This is for both BT and USB connections.

The other stuff I haven't figured out. :/
    01-19-2016 09:41 PM