I have another smartphone that I plan on using for my primary device. I plan on using my iPhone 6s Plus as an iPod and Tablet device only. I'm also playing with the thought about activating a prepaid SIM just to keep in the device but I'm not sure yet.

Is there anyone out there who currently uses their iPhone 6s Plus as an iPod or Tablet only?
    01-03-2016 05:22 PM
    I'm not. My iPhone 6S Plus is my current daily driver. Having said that, my iPhone 6 Plus is relegated to being my backup and I've removed the SIM card from it and keep it in Airplane Mode with a Wi-Fi connection. I sometimes use it to play games that I've not installed on my 6S Plus. Anyway, why buy a prepaid SIM for a device that's not going to be your primary device, especially one that can use the SIM card that's in your 6S Plus if you ever feel the need to swap phones for a period of time?
    01-03-2016 06:26 PM
    I agree, I have several sim removed devices for playing with. Why pay for a service that you are not going to use?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-03-2016 08:10 PM
    Why not use it as your daily driver? It's a powerful device.
    01-03-2016 09:30 PM
    I have both the 6 Plus and 6s Plus. Now the 6 Plus becomes my music player. Tablet wise, I have an iPad mini 4.
    01-04-2016 03:43 AM
    If you already have the 6S plus then you can keep it and use it as you describe. However if you haven't purchased it yet I'd advise getting an iPad mini 4/2 or iPod touch 6th gen as they can both function as an iPod and the mini as a tablet. They are significantly cheaper. For me personally the iPhone 6S plus would be a wasted if it were only used as an iPod or tablet. I'm not someone who can keep two phones as one will always be wasted. I tried getting the note 4 to use as a secondary device with my 6 plus but I had to return it as I was barely using the note. The 6 plus was my daily driver and I just kept using it. I found that I was forcing myself to use the note because it was there and I'd paid 600 for it. I knew that eventually it would just be collecting dust so I returned it.
    01-05-2016 06:36 AM
    I have another smartphone that I plan on using for my primary device. I plan on using my iPhone 6s Plus as an iPod and Tablet device only. I'm also playing with the thought about activating a prepaid SIM just to keep in the device but I'm not sure yet.

Is there anyone out there who currently uses their iPhone 6s Plus as an iPod or Tablet only?
    I'm assuming the other smartphone is a non-iOS device? If so, your plan doesn't sound that bad, assuming the new smartphone can't do the things all-in-one that the iPhone can. The iPhone (particularly the Plus) can be all the things you want in one device. Debatable whether it's a "tablet" at that size but if you're considering it I assume you feel it's large enough. I'm thinking the iPad Mini as mentioned above might be a better bet if you're really looking for a tablet but still want something relatively portable.
    01-05-2016 06:57 AM
    Will the prepaid service act as the data for the device? That's a good idea; especially if you're other device isn't an iOS device.

My 6s Plus is my daily driver and could only imagine using it as something other if I decide to keep it when the next gen comes out.
    01-06-2016 08:56 AM
    I rarely use plus anymore. I only use it more when outside. I use mini 4 wifi at home.
    02-20-2016 06:57 AM
    When I am out of the house, my 6S Plus is used for everything I need. When I am home, I use my iPad Mini 4 for everything except a phone for which I use the 6S Plus. With my  Watch in conjunction, it's a great synergy with plenty of room for all three in service.
    02-27-2016 06:34 PM

I do since I have the worst luck with iOS and iphones in general. But I switch my DD and slave smartphone every few months.
    02-27-2016 10:05 PM
    I will be using my iPhone 6 as an iPod once I get my S7 Edge.Right now I am back and forth between an iPhone 6 and a Galaxy S4 as my DD's As usual I will still continue to monitor IOS. Maybe once IOS gets a major update, I will go back to using an iPhone as my DD. In it's current form, IOS is just way too limited for my tastes.
    02-28-2016 09:05 PM
    I use 6 plus as phablet. I don't have mini 4 anymore. Its silly decision I know. Lol
    02-29-2016 05:38 PM
    Nope, my 6s Plus is my main phone and music player. I also have an iPad Air 2 for games and reading.
    03-04-2016 05:16 PM