Weird issues with Text Messaging.

indiansfan78

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to the iPhone 6s Plus last week.

After doing, so when I send texts to several different people, they don't receive them.

However, when they text me, it shows as a completely different phone number from theirs.

I have turned off iMessage, deleted the contact, rebooted the phone and nothing is working.

The persons on the other end have done the same by deleting my contact info & rebooting.

They all have android phones, none are iPhones.

Any ideas how to fix this? Verizon nor Apple have been able to help

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is a new one for me. I've seen similar issues, but not exactly like this. Try this first.
1. Delete all old message threads.
2. Toggle off iMessage.
3. Sign out of iMessage and Facetime.
4. Sign back in to both.
5. Toggle iMessage back on
6. Do a Reset Network Settings
Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

7. Toggle on "Send as SMS" in Settings >Messages
8. Toggle on MMS messaging
Make sure your number appears in the phone app at the top of the Contacts list.
Test a text to an Android friend.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the help. I have tried all of your suggestions and it is still not working.

What did Verizon say? I can't think of anything it would be. You could try a restore as new. Not from a back up. It's a PITA, but works wonders at times. If that doesn't work, I would return it for another phone.

indiansfan78

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Verizon said it sounded as if it was the MSID number that is assigned to phones and that's what is coming through when people text me but they didn't know why.

I set it up as a new iPhone when I got it last week, I never usually restore from a back up.

So I'm thinking I'm going to have to restore and set up as new again. It's very aggravating.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Verizon said it sounded as if it was the MSID number that is assigned to phones and that's what is coming through when people text me but they didn't know why.

I set it up as a new iPhone when I got it last week, I never usually restore from a back up.

So I'm thinking I'm going to have to restore and set up as new again. It's very aggravating.

I had issues when I got my 6s Plus in September. 3 days later I restored as new. Took me 2 solid days to set it all back up. But it was worth it. It may not work for you. It may just be a lemon. Warranty should cover it.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't even mess with trying to fix the situation but would just trade it back in for a new iPhone. That would alleviate some of the issues and isolate whether or not its Apple or Verizon.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't even mess with trying to fix the situation but would just trade it back in for a new iPhone. That would alleviate some of the issues and isolate whether or not its Apple or Verizon.

Good point. Worth a shot :) Make sure to at least have screen captures of the issue if you try one of the options above to delete them.

indiansfan78

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Verizon exchanged it for a new one since I had only had it for a few days. The messaging issue seems to be fixed.

However, I have noticed a lag with the new device and most disappointing, the screen is set to the highest brightness and "auto bright" is turned off and this screen looks considerably dimmer than the other iPhone.

Is there a setting I can tweak to fix it?

The screen on the other iPhone was bright and rich in colors and this screen looks bland.

Is it possible I got another dud?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Verizon exchanged it for a new one since I had only had it for a few days. The messaging issue seems to be fixed.

However, I have noticed a lag with the new device and most disappointing, the screen is set to the highest brightness and "auto bright" is turned off and this screen looks considerably dimmer than the other iPhone.

Is there a setting I can tweak to fix it?

The screen on the other iPhone was bright and rich in colors and this screen looks bland.

Is it possible I got another dud?

Sometimes it does a new phone good to restore it as new. Not from a back up. I did it 3 days after getting my new 6s Plus in September. It ran much smoother. All the issues were gone. That's the best thing you can do for it. It's a PITA if you have a lot on it, but worth it.
Be sure to back up your photos somewhere.

indiansfan78

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I set it up as new and didn't restore it from the previous back up. I may have to do a full restore again. I just compared my screen to my friends iPhone 6s Plus and its night and day, my screen looks way dark

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox