Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
ATT doesn't offer it. I could have bought one from Google, but part of switching from Verizon to att was the $500 credit I got fo trading in my nexus 6 towards an ATT phone

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
ATT doesn't offer it. I could have bought one from Google, but part of switching from Verizon to att was the $500 credit I got fo trading in my nexus 6 towards an ATT phone

Ah. At this point, couldn't you sell your iPhone, buy a 6P, and pocket the difference?

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Not against the 6P at all. But it was a matter of getting the iPhone 6s Plus for almost free, or spending money to get the Nexus 6P... Being that I got laid off the next day, I made the right choice. LOL

If AT&T had the 6P, I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Not against the 6P at all. But it was a matter of getting the iPhone 6s Plus for almost free, or spending money to get the Nexus 6P... Being that I got laid off the next day, I made the right choice. LOL

If AT&T had the 6P, I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.

Right, but couldn't you sell the iPhone now and get a 6P and be in the same boat? I'm not being difficult, it just sounds like you don't like the iPhone and there are definitely other good options out there now. I'm waiting on the S7 announcement before I fully make up my mind on what I'm doing.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Right, but couldn't you sell the iPhone now and get a 6P and be in the same boat? I'm not being difficult, it just sounds like you don't like the iPhone and there are definitely other good options out there now. I'm waiting on the S7 announcement before I fully make up my mind on what I'm doing.

I like it. I just like it as much as some other devices because of the shortcomings of iOS...

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had so so many phones, so many android phones. I think my Note 4 was my favorite before AT&T killed its ability to forward calls (and use my Gear S as intended). The Nexus 6 was decent...nice and huge. I still have a perfectly good 9 month old Nexus 5 that collects dust (I should sell it but why bother...who'd really want it at this stage in the game). If the Note 5 had had a removable battery I'd likely have one now. I finally just settled on iOS because what is there works and works well and fits nicely with my iMac and Mac Pro. Plus my wife and daughter use iPhones. So, in December I decided to jump in the cold water and have come to appreciate my iPhones once again. Now I have too many iPhones and 2 iPads but they all work well, even the lowly 5c my work tossed to me. All in all, I'm very happy with how well all this Apple gear works together...and it's fun.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to own an android phone that has better battery life than the 6s plus. I have not tried the droid line on Verizon though. But nothing else comes close. Sorry.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It's been proven multiple times that many Android phones keep up with iPhone battery life and can even surpass it(quite easily).

I have yet to find an Android phone that has better battery life than my current iPhones that I am using which are 6S, 6S+ and 6+.

I have used:

Nexus 4
Note 4
Note Edge
Note 5

Even my 6S has better battery life than any of those phones and it has a smaller battery then three of those phones.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have yet to find an Android phone that has better battery life than my current iPhones that I am using which are 6S, 6S+ and 6+.

I have used:

Nexus 4
Note 4
Note Edge
Note 5

Even my 6S has better battery life than any of those phones and it has a smaller battery then three of those phones.

My note 5 is beating my 6s+ by a landslide. I just got my new 6s+ replacement ill see how it does but probably wont do much better

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Something is not right then with your 6s+.

Maybe, or, some of the Android phones might have better battery life than most Apple fans give them credit for.

In my experience, most Android fans were once Apple fans that got tired of the limitations and wanted more choices and better features. But they remain pretty knowledgeable on both platforms.

I see that most Apple fans, don't know a lot about Android. They can repeat the proper key sound bytes of "fragmentation" and things like that, without truly understanding what it means, or if it even matters. Hell, I know of a lot of Apple fans that get a feature and think that it is "new" because Apple finally got it 2 years after the rest of the world got it... LOL

Anyway, I am finding that the 6S+ has great battery life, but to say that nothing Android can touch it, is just plain wrong...

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyway, I am finding that the 6S+ has great battery life, but to say that nothing Android can touch it, is just plain wrong...

In three years of being on one of the AC, I have never heard anyone say that their Android phone got better battery life then an iPhone, especially sine the release of the 6+ and 6S+. My Note 5 is much better now after two weeks of using it. Very happy with it.

I'm even getting comparable battery life to my 6S+ and 6S as I do with my 6S:
IMG_0061.PNG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro