Google Play Music

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a blacklisted S6 Edge for fairly cheap. I was wondering if I could purchase music thru Google play music thru my phone ? So I can have access to the music thru both devices. I use Apple Music, but I don't really like the android version that much.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a blacklisted S6 Edge for fairly cheap. I was wondering if I could purchase music thru Google play music thru my phone ? So I can have access to the music thru both devices. I use Apple Music, but I don't really like the android version that much.

I use Google Music on my iPhone. You can't buy music from the App, but you can through Safari or Chrome or another browser. You can add music to playlists if you're an All Access subscriber and stream to your heart's content. I use it all the time. I got grandfathered in at the $7.99 rate (which also includes YouTube Red) so I'm not giving it up. I'll continue using it even though I'm all aboard the Apple bandwagon. I prefer it to Apple Music, honestly, and with YouTube Red included, it's a no-brainer right now.

So if you bought music through the S6 Edge it would absolutely show up on your iPhone and be usable by that.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
As Wildo6882 said, you can use Google Play Music on both an Android Phone & an iPhone. If you buy music from Google Play on your Galaxy S6, it will automatically add it to Google Play Music, and so it will show up on your iPhone. Even if you don't pay for the streaming service, it will still sync music you've purchased and any music you've uploaded from your computer (you can upload your entire iTunes library* so that you can stream it from the cloud, rather than store it on the phone's physical storage).

I use Google Play Music and it syncs seamlessly between my old android phone, my iphone and my Mac (in the browser). I buy all my music from Google Play and have no issues playing it on my iPhone.

*Doesn't work with DRM protected songs.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm a Google Play music charter subscriber....that is I signed up from day one and pay a discounted $7.99/month. Find it very comparable to the iOS service. And yes it can be used on an iphone too.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
The 1,000 song playlist limit made Google Music a non-starter for me. Haven't tried it since. Does it still have that limitation?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73