Traded the 6S for the 6S plus, what are your favorite apps and features?

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Happy to say managed to get back not he plus life... I loved the 6s but the 6s plus is so lovely! hope everyone is loving theres...
what are your favorite apps and features

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Traded the 6s for the 6 plus

I bought the iPhone 6S on Wednesday, played with it for a few days and then swapped it out this afternoon for an iPhone 6S Plus. The iPhone 6S is an excellent device, but the Plus version suits me better. As for favorite apps and features, my apps are pretty much the same as they were a few iPhones ago...:)...Tapatalk, Evernote, Dropbox, Slack, Skype, Reeder, iA Writer and others are what I use all the time. The 3D Touch feature is downright awesome.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I am so happy for you. It is a great device.

Thank you, and you're right. The device is great, but what's even greater is the fact that I purchased the 64 GB model for the price of the 16 GB model. Verizon has a weekend special of some sort that I was unaware of, but grateful to have been at the right place at the right time...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Traded the 6s for the 6 plus

I said I would skip the 6S version, but then again, I said the same thing in regard to the 5S and the iPhone 5...(laughing)...but ended up getting them.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Thank you, and you're right. The device is great, but what's even greater is the fact that I purchased the 64 GB model for the price of the 16 GB model. Verizon has a weekend special of some sort that I was unaware of, but grateful to have been at the right place at the right time...:)

I took advantage of the same thing .. Got a 128 for the 64 price for the wife .. Also added a line for my daughter so they gave me 2gb of data extra a month for life. Then I traded in my daughters iPhone 5c that was unlocked from T-Mobile on prepaid service and they gave me a $300 gift card. Swapped some phones around on the account and was able to gift a mint condition 6 plus to my mom and take her 5c and use it for my daughter lol

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I took advantage of the same thing .. Got a 128 for the 64 price for the wife .. Also added a line for my daughter so they gave me 2gb of data extra a month for life. Then I traded in my daughters iPhone 5c that was unlocked from T-Mobile on prepaid service and they gave me a $300 gift card. Swapped some phones around on the account and was able to gift a mint condition 6 plus to my mom and take her 5c and use it for my daughter lol

Outstanding!...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your 6S+! I love mine as well. Battery life is straight down awesome

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Saw Verizon was advertising that this weekend. Was very tempting to switch but I prefer AT&T. But I did jump ship from my Note 5 to the iPhone 6S Plus.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Saw Verizon was advertising that this weekend. Was very tempting to switch but I prefer AT&T. But I did jump ship from my Note 5 to the iPhone 6S Plus.

I purchased it on my Verizon account, but I use it via AT&T. I just inserted the SIM from my AT&T brand iPhone 6 Plus....

paulxxwall

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

Nice work !!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

WHAT?!?! You ditched the Note?

FWIW, I'm all in on Apple now. I love this 6s Plus. I'll be getting an Apple TV to go along with it and my Mac. And I'll be patiently waiting on the next gen iPads and Apple Watch.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

WHAT?!?! You ditched the Note?

FWIW, I'm all in on Apple now. I love this 6s Plus. I'll be getting an Apple TV to go along with it and my Mac. And I'll be patiently waiting on the next gen iPads and Apple Watch.

I had problems with my decision. I moved recently. T-Mobile is horrible in this area so I had to change carriers. Went back to AT&T. Then I had to make a choice of phone. I looked at the Note again, the Priv, and the iPhone 6S Plus. I walked out of there with the iPhone. I still can't believe it.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I had problems with my decision. I moved recently. T-Mobile is horrible in this area so I had to change carriers. Went back to AT&T. Then I had to make a choice of phone. I looked at the Note again, the Priv, and the iPhone 6S Plus. I walked out of there with the iPhone. I still can't believe it.

I completely understand. There's something about Apple devices. I've only used one off and on every once in a while over the past three years. I finally got fed up with the inconsistencies and jumbled mess that can be Android. For as much as I loved it, I hated it at the same time. This is actually the third time I've used a 6s Plus, but for some reason this time it clicked. This phone does absolutely everything I want a phone to do. Plus, with other Apple devices, the flow is simple and fluid. You CANNOT say the same for Android and Chromebooks or Windows PCs. I'm finally content after 3 years with Android.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

The one thing I have always maintained is that I really like iOS devices. Even when I was the Note 5 champion I still really liked what iOS had to offer. I don't know what happened though. When looking at all of my options (and there were many) I picked up the iPhone. Really can't explain it.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

The one thing I have always maintained is that I really like iOS devices. Even when I was the Note 5 champion I still really liked what iOS had to offer. I don't know what happened though. When looking at all of my options (and there were many) I picked up the iPhone. Really can't explain it.

I've always liked them too, but it was like I felt some strange connection to Android and I had no real justification for why I kept using it but being let down. So after a few years there, constantly jumping phones, and the inconsistencies between devices - I decided it was time to move on. I never did much customizing with my phone and really just used the basics, so that was even lost on me. I just don't have the time to mess with it anymore and just wanted something that I trusted to work as it should. iPhone it is! And I've been ecstatic since I fired this up a week before Christmas. That's the first time I've been completely content with a phone in years. I'm seriously considering a full on conversion to Apple and being happy with my decision.

Last edited:

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

I said I'll wait for the 7 but so easy now w att I sold the 6plus got the 6s plus now will wait till 7....
I may grab a note 5 to play with than sell and pay off not sure...
iPhones retain their value beautifully!
Craigslist is packed w people looking for them!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I've always liked them too, but it was like I felt some strange connection to Android and I had no real justification for why I kept using it but being let down. So after a few years there, constantly jumping phones, and the inconsistencies between devices - I decided it was time to move on. I never did much customizing with my phone and really just used the basics, so that was even lost on me. I just don't have the time to mess with it anymore and just wanted something that I trusted to work as it should. iPhone it is! And I've been ecstatic since I fired this up a week before Christmas. That's the first time I've been completely content with a phone in years. I'm seriously considering a full on conversion to Apple and being happy with my decision.

I still can't believe I switched back. My buddies at Android Central will be disgusted with me. Oh well. I have been doing well with it as it has only been a day.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I still can't believe I switched back. My buddies at Android Central will be disgusted with me. Oh well. I have been doing well with it as it has only been a day.

I hear ya man. I'm the same way. But I'm absolutely loving it. I'm finally happy. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but she'll be pretty happy when I don't change phones again until the 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro