Traded the 6S for the 6S plus, what are your favorite apps and features?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Traded the 6s for the 6 plus

I hear ya man. I'm the same way. But I'm absolutely loving it. I'm finally happy. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but she'll be pretty happy when I don't change phones again until the 7.

I will say this about Samsung, their feature set is unmatched. I love the innovation from them. But the difference between their philosophy and Apple's is glaring. As I read people remark about Samsung Pay it is evident. Samsung Pay is revolutionary to me. The genius behind the technology can't be denied. Even though it worked remarkably good for me, it wasn't perfect. And for some others it was problematic. Apple Pay isn't accepted everywhere. But the places where it is accepted, it works every time. Samsung gives you a multitude of awesomeness that may or may not work. Apple doesn't give you as much, but you can rely on the things that it does give you.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Traded the 6s for the 6 plus, what are your favorite apps and features?

I will say this about Samsung, their feature set is unmatched. I love the innovation from them. But the difference between their philosophy and Apple's is glaring. As I read people remark about Samsung Pay it is evident. Samsung Pay is revolutionary to me. The genius behind the technology can't be denied. Even though it worked remarkably good for me, it wasn't perfect. And for some others it was problematic. Apple Pay isn't accepted everywhere. But the places where it is accepted, it works every time. Samsung gives you a multitude of awesomeness that may or may not work. Apple doesn't give you as much, but you can rely on the things that it does give you.

I switched about two months ago from the Note 5 to 6s plus. While I think the note 5 is the better of the two devices the iPhone completes my Apple ecosystem. Also everyone I communicate with seems to have iPhones so this makes the experience much better as well. All the google apps I've grown to love all work on iOS so I'm not missing anything there. I thought I'd miss customizing my device but haven't so far. One think I feel Apple needs to change is where I place folders/apps. I should be able to place an app in any blank spot and have it stay, not automatically move to the next sequential open spot. Minor gripe.

All in all I like the iPhone experience. It's very simplistic.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

The key for me is you can't rely on Android to function properly. All Android phones have feature sets that iPhones can't match, however, it seems like something was always failing/glitching/not working as intended. And this isn't just Samsung - it's Android.

Also, updates are huge for me. Not necessarily for new features, but for security reasons. So I had pretty much resigned to only using Nexus devices. The 6P was great, but had a multitude of minor/major gripes. I just couldn't trust it for the long haul. Not like I can an Apple device. Where my biggest gripe is not being able to put apps where I want to. Otherwise, my experience this far has been flawless.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

Happy to say managed to get back not he plus life... I loved the 6s but the 6s plus is so lovely! hope everyone is loving theres...
what are your favorite apps and features

The favorite apps you used on your 6s will work on your shiny new 6s Plus.

These are the apps that I use that were updated to take advantage of 3D Touch:

Starbucks
Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft OneDrive
Twitter
Flickr
Instagram
Kik
Google Drive
Lightroom
USAA

These are in addition to the Apple specific apps. Siri needs to be updated though. It's fallen behind Cortana and Google Now. But that is an iOS in general thing and not specific to the 6s Plus.

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Happy to say managed to get back not he plus life... I loved the 6s but the 6s plus is so lovely! hope everyone is loving theres...
what are your favorite apps and features

I did the exact same thing and the number one reason why was the extra battery life, I wasn't getting nearly the same battery life on my 6s as I was getting on my 6, I am a heavy heavy user and can easily squeeze 8 hours of screen time on my 6s plus

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I did the exact same thing and the number one reason why was the extra battery life, I wasn't getting nearly the same battery life on my 6s as I was getting on my 6, I am a heavy heavy user and can easily squeeze 8 hours of screen time on my 6s plus

When I had my Note 5, the battery life was fine. I could easily get through the day. But midway through my night job, it was dead. I would usually have to put it in ultra power savings mode. But that rarely helped. So I could go from 6am-8pm usually on a charge and I consider that really good. With my 6S Plus, I go from 6am-midnight with 35 percent left in the tank. That's amazing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR