Do any of you guys jailbreak your iPhone 6s Plus?

timmyd463229

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Do any of you guys jailbreak your iPhone 6s plus. When I had an iPhone 4 I jailbroke it. Is it still pretty easy to do and is there a lot of good apps and tweaks still?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Jailbreak

I have my 6S+ jailbroken. The current version that can be jailbroken is 9.0.2. If you have anything newer than this, you can't jailbreak it yet and you can't downgrade to an earlier iOS version. It's rumored that the JB for 9.2 will be out any day now if it happens at all.

There's a lot of the same mods out today that were out for the iPhone 4 and many have either been updated or equivalent mods are out. Pangu is the name of the current JB app to JB your devices.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

It's very easy to perform the jailbreak, but the latest iOS at present is not yet jailbreakable. If you happen to be on iOS 9.0.2 like me, you can get pangu software, install it on your computer and follow the pangu onscreen instruction to perform the jailbreak, it's very easy and straight forward process.

timmyd463229

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

OK cool I have had android for the past like 5 years and have been rooting them but now Verizon phones pretty much can't be rooted so I never get the newest firmware so I'm excited to go to iPhone and get firmware updates fast and have jailbreak easy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

iPhones have added so much in recent years that not as many people jailbreak anymore. I'm fine without it. I just want it to work! Lol

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

iPhones have added so much in recent years that not as many people jailbreak anymore. I'm fine without it. I just want it to work! Lol

True, the OS has evolve a lot these recent years. But I still found the need to jailbreak these iPhone as without jailbreak, I can't actually like using an iPhone. Bioprotect, equalizereverywhere, forcegoodfit, littlebrother, springtomize, photoalbum+, virtualhome, and datameter are deal breaker for me.
One thing is that it doesn't hurt to have the choice and jailbreak scene give that option to those like me who love to have choices.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I mostly jailbreak these days to block ads in apps as well as in my browser without needing content blockers. Many apps are getting ridiculous these days with all the ads.

timmyd463229

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

I'm scared to switch like I said it's been forever since I had iPhone. I have bad a Motorola Droid, note 2 and note 4. I rooted all except the note 4 because you can't. I'm so used to Android that I hope I don't regret it. I read the iphone 6s plus has great battery life and a really good camera. I also think I'll like the live photos and 3d touch

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm scared to switch like I said it's been forever since I had iPhone. I have bad a Motorola Droid, note 2 and note 4. I rooted all except the note 4 because you can't. I'm so used to Android that I hope I don't regret it. I read the iphone 6s plus has great battery life and a really good camera. I also think I'll like the live photos and 3d touch

At the beginning, I guess you will miss a lot of your daily use application on android phones. But it's just a matter of time, short time before you will wonder why did you took so long before switching to iPhone. At least that was my case back to the time iPhone was still lacking a lot of features. And beside, you will easily find better alternatives to your frequently use android applications.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Never had android before. My last non iPhone was a Nokia n97 in 2009-2010
I currently have a Note 4 and a Note Edge. Both of these are rooted for the same purpose that I jailbreak my iPhones, to block ads in apps. I also have a Nexus 4 and 7 which are rooted too.

I've had every iPhone except for the 5 and I have jailbroken each and every iPhone since the original in 2007.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I switched back to an Apple iPhone after having Android devices for years and was easy. For me though I had an iPad Air 2 for around 6 months at the time and did have an iPad Air for a bit before that. Most apps are on both platforms so the only "issue" is just getting used to the OS really which just takes time.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

And relax with the posts. For newbies, posts tend to end up in the moderation que for a few minutes till a mod reviews it and approves it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

O is that why they weren't going through?

Yes, and all of your duplicate posts have been deleted. Please be patient in the forums. This is the day after Christmas and we all have responsibilities outside of iMore and therefore your posts may not clear moderation for a bit and your questions may not be answered as quickly as you'd like, but we will get to it when we can. Take care.

timmyd463229

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

Yes, and all of your duplicate posts have been deleted. Please be patient in the forums. This is the day after Christmas and we all have responsibilities outside of iMore and therefore your posts may not clear moderation for a bit and your questions may not be answered as quickly as you'd like, but we will get to it when we can. Take care.
I'm sorry I didn't realize that is what happens. I thought something was wrong with tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods