Zagg InvisibleShield Glass

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
My experience has been; regardless of where I buy the protector at, I immediately register it on Zaggs site. I've had them send me replacements bc of the tiniest dent or bubble. I hate that folks are having a different experience. Big reason I buy Apple and Zagg; hassle free replacements and service.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I believe the glass on the S models are a slightly different size. I asked but they never said anything about the screen size. They sent a replacement but it had the same issue.

There is a slight physical difference in size between the two, but the screen is the same size...

iPhone 6S Plus vs. iPhone 6 Plus: Spec Comparison | Digital Trends

There is a slight curve around the edges near the bezel on the 6s Plus though. Does the 6 Plus have that same slight curve? My Icon had that same type of curve near the edge which made it hard for screen protectors to stay on.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I saw a couple of Zagg's InvisibleShield in Staples today. Does anyone know if they'll help out on putting the screen protectors on my devices?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I saw a couple of Zagg's InvisibleShield in Staples today. Does anyone know if they'll help out on putting the screen protectors on my devices?

I doubt Staples will but Best Buy will for a fee. Not sure who your carrier is but if you buy from At&t, they will do it for free.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I doubt Staples will but Best Buy will for a fee. Not sure who your carrier is but if you buy from At&t, they will do it for free.

Oh damn, but if I pay the installation fee (however much that is) and the result is bubbles on the edges, what will they do?

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

You could get it at Staples then take it to your carrier's store and ask them to put it on. They'll probably even do it for free. At least Verizon does at any rate. You could even take it to your local Apple store, and I would bet they would put it on for you...and probably for free.

I don't recommend Best Buy/Geek Squad. They charge $15 and it took them over an hour put on a screen protector for my SP3.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You could get it at Staples then take it to your carrier's store and ask them to put it on. They'll probably even do it for free. At least Verizon does at any rate. You could even take it to your local Apple store, and I would bet they would put it on for you...and probably for free.

I don't recommend Best Buy/Geek Squad. They charge $15 and it took them over an hour put on a screen protector for my SP3.

$15!?

I'll pass.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
My co-worker has the 6 Plus and we compared screens. His 6 Plus has the same glass curvature as my 6s Plus. He has a different (non-Zagg) glass screen protector and I didn't see any issues with it around the edges.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My co-worker has the 6 Plus and we compared screens. His 6 Plus has the same glass curvature as my 6s Plus. He has a different (non-Zagg) glass screen protector and I didn't see any issues with it around the edges.

I'm gonna let someone install it when I get back to Asia. Just gonna deal with the bubbles on the edges for now. Thanks for letting us know whether there's a difference on the 6 Plus and the 6S Plus.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Are you planning to request for another replacement? If the replacement I'm getting is going to have the same issue. I'll hold off and let someone do it for me in store.

No. I put the replacement back in the box and set it off to the side. It kinda irked me that they didn't answer the question I asked, so I just decided not to waste any more money with them.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
There is a slight physical difference in size between the two, but the screen is the same size...

iPhone 6S Plus vs. iPhone 6 Plus: Spec Comparison | Digital Trends

There is a slight curve around the edges near the bezel on the 6s Plus though. Does the 6 Plus have that same slight curve? My Icon had that same type of curve near the edge which made it hard for screen protectors to stay on.

Yes I know the screen sizes are the same, that's why I stated the glass was a different size. Both phones have the curved glass near the bezel, but I don't have a 6 plus so I don't know the specifics of where the curve begins on it compared to the 6s plus.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had air gaps on the edges of my 6S+ but the rest is perfectly installed. When the gaps get too bad I just do take a picture, send it to Zagg, and get a warranty replacement for the cost of shipping and handling. On my iPhone 6+ it's completely flawless...

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Well...my Zagg died a most horrible death. I have a handlebar mount for my bicycle and while my daughter and I were riding to the store, it fell out of the holder. Fortunately, it didn't land face down and my daughter managed to avoid running over it.

Between the case and the screen protector, my phone survived its first major fall. I replaced it with the Verizon one and although it is a little thicker, it doesn't having any peeling at the edges.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue on my 6s plus. Returned the protector and had an associate put on a different one. Same problem. Emailed Zagg to ask if there was a size difference because I didn't have this particular problem with the glass for my 6 (it would randomly chip at the edges). They didn't answer my question, but sent me a new protector. It had the same problem. The edge lift doesn't disappear. Very frustrating. I decided to stop supporting Zagg...at least until they make a protector so exceptional that I have to have it! LOL

The problem as confirmed with an Apple rep at a store is that since 6s/6s plus are thicker than the 6/6 plus iphones, that they curve at different angles making the glass protectors from zagg not adhere to the edges just like in the picture. I called and asked a Zagg rep and he said hes heard about the problem but that Zagg, at least at that time, was going to do anything to fix the issue

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I vote for the Best Buy route, pay eight bucks and the worry is on them. I've had them apply as many as three Zaggs before it was perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2