Zagg InvisibleShield Glass

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Is it a one press? I've been seeing videos on it. The last time I got a Zagg screen protector was for my iPhone 5 a few years ago, but it was the HDX.

And there was a few bubbles in the aftermath.

Pretty much. It has tabs you hold; once aligned with the button and top speaker; you lay it down and give a nice press in the middle of the screen; most of the bubbles move out of the way as it lays down; then work the tiny ones out pressing towards edge of the screen.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much. It has tabs you hold; once aligned with the button and top speaker; you lay it down and give a nice press in the middle of the screen; most of the bubbles move out of the way as it lays down; then work the tiny ones out pressing towards edge of the screen.

What if there's still some bubbles left after that?

Are you using the case-friendly version?

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for all of your help today :)

No worries. Here's a few pics. We almost impossible to get a good angle with lighting.

502f365e01ab02b7aedecf62b130eb9e.jpg

97babe14c71d06727497674e78f1e518.jpg

68f7aa2c7e43e24985993b1e6444ca0e.jpg

9ddf387f61dc7bdbd46159613ff942f8.jpg

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I've used Zagg on every iDevice I've owned since the 3g and have never had any issues with bubbles at all. They have a great customer support team and warranty if you ever did have issues.

BD15

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm shocked that no one on here has told you it's virtually impossible to get bubbles with the glass because it's not soft and flexible. you put it on, press the center and it adheres itself. Then you smooth out any of the "bubbles" (which aren't really bubbles) and you're good to go. I'd be more concerned with little pieces of dirt and dust debris on the screen that get caught underneath. There's a better chance of that happening than bubbles. And for what it's worth, I've used the Zagg IG since I had a 5s. Immediately became my preferred screen protector. They are fantastic.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well.. Here's the outcome. Everything was fine, not sure where those two things came out from. Other than that the screen protector feels solid! Might just ask someone to assist me on installing it next time. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1450796419.983054.jpg

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Give it a day. I had bubbles like that in the corners on my wife's phone and they resolved themselves overnight oddly enough.

If you don't end up liking it I highly recommend either the Verizon branded glass screen protector or the Otterbox Alpha Glass. They're slightly thicker and I prefer the top cutouts for the ear piece over the InvisibleShield version.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Give it a day. I had bubbles like that in the corners on my wife's phone and they resolved themselves overnight oddly enough.

If you don't end up liking it I highly recommend either the Verizon branded glass screen protector or the Otterbox Alpha Glass. They're slightly thicker and I prefer the top cutouts for the ear piece over the InvisibleShield version.

Suprisingly the two bubbles in the middle disappeared out of nowhere. Will the bubbles around the corners of the screen protector disappear over time as well?

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Suprisingly the two bubbles in the middle disappeared out of nowhere. Will the bubbles around the corners of the screen protector disappear over time as well?

Are you talking about the edges? Probably not. The glass is curved and InvisibleShield does it's best to cover the whole screen so you end up with that. I had the same on my 6+. That's nothing to worry about really, unless it just bugs you. :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about the edges? Probably not. The glass is curved and InvisibleShield does it's best to cover the whole screen so you end up with that. I had the same on my 6+. That's nothing to worry about really, unless it just bugs you. :)

Yup, the edges.. Aww man.

Yeah it can bug me from time to time

It wasn't like that on my old iPhone 6 though..

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had better luck with other brands lately. The Verizon generic one went on with 0 bubbles on two different 6s Plus's. The one invisibleshield I tried bubbled in all four corners and I couldn't get it to stop no matter what I tried. Phone was clean / dust / lint free, it just didn't want to stick.

Same results, the Verizon generic works great. I've used 3 now and all with no bubbles. When you first apply it there may be some, but they work out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox