Hello,

I just received my iPhone 6S Plus today.

From time to time the iPhone freezes when I try to unlock it or when I try to open an app. But after that, it runs smoothly again.

This is a similar problem I've seen on the forum threads.

Is this software related or hardware?

Currently running iOS 9.2

Thank you
    12-15-2015 04:33 PM
    I don't have an iPhone 6S Plus, but I can straight up tell you that I'm not experiencing any of that with my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.2.
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-15-2015 06:00 PM
    I don't have an iPhone 6S Plus, but I can straight up tell you that I'm not experiencing any of that with my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.2.
    I think it's an iPhone 6S Plus problem, I'm not sure though...

Really hope Apple fix this.
    12-15-2015 06:01 PM
    I'm actually tempted to buy one, but I'm fighting the urge.......Anyway, did you set it up as new or restored a backup to it? If the latter, you might want to set it up as new.
    12-15-2015 06:03 PM
    I'm actually tempted to buy one, but I'm fighting the urge.......Anyway, did you set it up as new or restored a backup to it? If the latter, you might want to set it up as new.
    I set it up as new.

I might wait till a new software update maybe like iOS 9.2.1.

It's not that big of a problem but it does get annoying.

I don't think it's that big of an upgrade if you're currently using the 6 Plus. I used to use an iPhone 6 and wanted to try the Note 5. And now I'm back with the 6S Plus. I can tell you that it's a great phone.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-15-2015 06:06 PM
    I have a 6s Plus with no issues, but you just got this phone today and you are doing a lot of setup. The iPhone is doing a lot of work in the background too. Give it a day or two and it should smooth out for you. Enjoy your phone.
    Just_Me_D and TripleOne like this.
    12-15-2015 07:15 PM
    I have a 6s Plus with no issues, but you just got this phone today and you are doing a lot of setup. The iPhone is doing a lot of work in the background too. Give it a day or two and it should smooth out for you. Enjoy your phone.
    +1....when I first got the phone, there were some slight delays & pauses when switching apps or unlocking the phone but that went away after a week or so. Mine has been smooth ever since.
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-15-2015 07:52 PM
    Yeah, just give it a few days and remember it's a tiny Computer. As such, it's not perfect and you'll experience a glitch here and there. My 6s Plus runs great, but has little quirks. Many a hard reset will fix.
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-15-2015 07:57 PM
    I will give it a week then. It's just that I've never experience something like this with my previous iPhones. I will get back to you guys in a couple of days. Thank you everyone
    12-15-2015 08:19 PM
    I will give it a week then. It's just that I've never experience something like this with my previous iPhones. I will get back to you guys in a couple of days. Thank you everyone
    Did you do a hard reset?
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    12-16-2015 06:39 PM
    Did you do a hard reset?
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    I just did it after reading your post. Thank you

I didn't know you could do a hard reset. What does it actually do compared to a normal shut down?
    12-16-2015 06:53 PM
    I just did it after reading your post. Thank you

I didn't know you could do a hard reset. What does it actually do compared to a normal shut down?
    I think the hard reset fixed the lag when unlocking the lockscreen and the notification bar dissapearing for a few seconds after the unlocking of the lock screen.
    12-16-2015 10:12 PM
    I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus in November, before the 9.2 software update. Mine did the same thing. I would touch the Messages app or the Mail app and the icon would darken, but it would hesitate before opening. Not all the time, but it was noticeable. After I updated to 9.2 it has smoothed out.
    12-17-2015 03:49 PM
    Everything is smooth now after a hard reset. From time to time the status bar still diassapears for a few seconds after unlocking the device.
    12-17-2015 03:56 PM
    I've had this lag/freeze after unlocking on 4 iPhone 6s Plus's and 1 6s. A DFU restore through iTunes and setting up as new cleared it up on every one of them.

If it doesn't clear up after a number of days, try the DFU restore and make sure to set it up as new and not restore from a backup.
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-17-2015 09:46 PM
    I've had this lag/freeze after unlocking on 4 iPhone 6s Plus's and 1 6s. A DFU restore through iTunes and setting up as new cleared it up on every one of them.

If it doesn't clear up after a number of days, try the DFU restore and make sure to set it up as new and not restore from a backup.
    The lag/freeze is now gone, the status bar dissapearing after unlocking the device is the only thing left. But it rarely happens now.

Pretty happy after the hard reset
    12-17-2015 09:47 PM
    The lag/freeze is now gone, the status bar dissapearing after unlocking the device is the only thing left. But it rarely happens now.

Pretty happy after the hard reset
    It resets things more than a soft reset. Things get a bit out of whack sometimes. The hard reset is akin to shutting down a computer, then turning it back on. These smartphones are tiny computers.
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-17-2015 10:16 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing. I have maybe 6 apps other than the stock things. When I unlock, I can't use anything for a second or two, especially until the clock reappears at the top of the screen. I've done the hard reset a few times today and nothing seems to help. This is pretty annoying on an otherwise awesome phone.
    12-18-2015 09:10 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing. I have maybe 6 apps other than the stock things. When I unlock, I can't use anything for a second or two, especially until the clock reappears at the top of the screen. I've done the hard reset a few times today and nothing seems to help. This is pretty annoying on an otherwise awesome phone.
    I've rebooted it again with a hard reset and it seems to work for awhile. But it comes back. Whenever I unlock the phone the clock isn't there and I can't interact with the phone at all until it reappears. It takes at least a second or two. And while I know this is a First World Problem, but it is still quite annoying on such a top shelf phone (in price and processor).
    12-19-2015 04:24 PM

I still have the status bar disappearing issue. When this happens the phone doesn't allow me to interact with it until the status bar reappears. Usually just takes a second but it's sometimes enough to be noticeable. And it definitely isn't every time I use the phone.

What is a DFU restore and does that mean I'd have to re-setup my whole phone?
    12-25-2015 06:32 PM
    Hopefully a future software update will clear this up.
    12-25-2015 06:39 PM
    Hopefully a future software update will clear this up.
    That's what I'm hoping. It's been an otherwise perfect experience coming from a few years on Android.
    12-25-2015 07:32 PM
    That's what I'm hoping. It's been an otherwise perfect experience coming from a few years on Android.
    Yeap!

I gave up my iPhone 6 for the Note 5, a few months later I'm back with the 6S+, love it!
    12-25-2015 07:53 PM
    Yeap!

I gave up my iPhone 6 for the Note 5, a few months later I'm back with the 6S+, love it!
    I love it too! Just wish this one small issue would go away. It isn't all the time, but it does happen and is noticeable. When I set up my phone originally I set it up as new.
    12-25-2015 08:41 PM
    Having same problems of screen freezing with my 6s plus. i have tried all know to get it going again,no luck. any ideas?
    12-29-2015 10:45 AM
26 12