Problems with my new 6s+

asdpro

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought an Iphone 6s plus.

It still have the factory protectos on screen.

1) Sometimes, the screen dont respond, I can touch all the screen but it not respond. I fix it when i lock and unlock the screen, but is very rare.

2) occasionally, when im writing an email/whatsapp/facebook the first letter no appear and i feel like 3d touch vibration, but I no use pressure over the screen.

Any helps?

I already restored the phone

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The factory protectors are quite a bit thicker than normal screen protectors. You should take those off. Your screen should function normally.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed #1 happening with my 6S+ occasionally. I get a blank screen after unlocking and can't do anything until I hear the screen lock. The phone can be used after that like nothing ever happened. Sounds like it's a bug with the 6S+ because I never have this happen with my 6+.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed #1 happening with my 6S+ occasionally. I get a blank screen after unlocking and can't do anything until I hear the screen lock. The phone can be used after that like nothing ever happened. Sounds like it's a bug with the 6S+ because I never have this happen with my 6+.

Never happened on my 6s Plus. First time I've heard anything about this issue. Are you updated to iOS 9.2?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I bought an Iphone 6s plus.

It still have the factory protectos on screen.

1) Sometimes, the screen dont respond, I can touch all the screen but it not respond. I fix it when i lock and unlock the screen, but is very rare.

2) occasionally, when im writing an email/whatsapp/facebook the first letter no appear and i feel like 3d touch vibration, but I no use pressure over the screen.

Any helps?

I already restored the phone
The shipping protective plastic is thick and susceptible to accumulating static electricity. This will interfere with the touch screen functionality. You need to take it off before any further troubleshooting takes place. This is not meant to stay on the phone for use. It is just meant to protect the phone while shipping.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
As @dejanh stated, the plastic protector over the screen is meant to protect your phone during manufacturing and shipping. It was not designed to be a functional screen protector and should be removed before using. There are plenty of nice screen protectors available including several available at the iMore Store: Apple iPhone Screen Protectors - iMore Store

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My MIL called me to tell me she got her new 6s + i ordered her ... shes like i cant hear you .. you should so far away .. i have the volume all the way up.

I almost laughed so hard i cried .. i finally got out REMOVE THE PLASTIC .. :rotfl:

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they work real well. You can get them next to nothing on Amazon with a 9h rating, plus lifetime warranty.
To be honest though, most of those are definitely not 9H rating (generally between 4H and 6H). Moreover, for 6-series devices with their gently curved glass, you require serious precision in measurements when cutting the protector, which is not the case with many of the cheap screen protectors. Generally, the cheap ones are either too narrow or too wide, causing distortion or lifting off from the phone glass.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner