Does anyone else hate using a case on their iPhone?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Go naked with every phone I own! I do have a black Leather case and got a speck candy shell but took that off after about a week.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I do but I'm paranoid about damaging my phone. On another note, I hate screen protectors and this is the first iPhone I've gotten that the screen has scratched. I've never dropped the phone or had it on my pocket with anything else other than some cash and there are tons of small hairline scratches.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Not really. Cases are a way to customise my phone. At the moment I'm using a crystal clear spigen case to show off the design of my phone. I have numerous cases so I like to change them from time to time to switch up the look of my phone. They also have the added benefit of protecting my phone lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate using a case but not as much as I hate the thought of dropping my iPhone with no level of protection on it.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm probably one of the biggest case hoarders here!

I usually change cases a few times a week but most of the times end up without a case lol.

I seem to find something wrong with every case, so I return them or give them away. I have issues.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I usually change cases a few times a week but most of the times end up without a case lol.

I seem to find something wrong with every case, so I return them or give them away. I have issues.

You're not alone

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Though I would rather not have to use one, I do have a case on mine. I have the Spigen Tough Armor Tech in Metal Slate on my 6s Plus. I also have insurance on it as well. I consider it necessary, and like had been said before its also a nice to to customize the look and feel of it as well.

The TAT case I have on my phone adds minimal bulk and feels very sturdy. I still cringe if it gets dropped (only once so far, and it was on carpet at home so no problem with/without a case) but it just adds more assurance that it will come out without damage. Im on the road a lot, I do deliveries and service calls for the company I work for so my phone is a necessity. I cant have it stop working because Ive dropped it, even for a short time so I use the case to prevent that as much as possible. Considering I can be 200+ miles from the shop at any time, not having a way to contact someone in an emergency could be catastrophic.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a 6s+ and decided to buy a Lifeproof Fre and absolutely hate it! Just don't like typing on plastic and would rather type on the glass screen protector.

After about 3 hours, this case will be going back tomorrow and I'll probably just get something minimal?

I'd like to be brave enough to go naked with the phone, but I'm just not.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but I wouldn't be without one. We all pick out our favorite color iPhone and then cover it up with a case!!

I use an Otterbox Defender case. I know, I know........it adds bulk to the phone, but I don't care. I know my phone will be protected and that's all that matters.
I'm not a "one handed" user anyway, so the additional bulk really makes no difference to me. ;)

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been naked for three weeks now. All of my pouches and cases are in the case dungeon. I love the feel of it. I'm so careful with it. In the past I would only do it at home. Now I keep it on my desk at the office. I will seldom attempt to put it in a case. But about ten minutes later I am taking it off. I enjoy not using a case.

thecaptainjoe

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Today was my 2nd day with no case. I have an OtterBox commuter and the Apple leather case but the iPhone looks so good without a case. I am definitely afraid of dropping it but I've been careful. We'll see how long it last though because the paranoia is setting in. Lol

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Case all the way. If I want to feel the naked phone, I remove the case when on bed reading browsing, before I get off bed, the phone is back in case. I've dropped my phone several times already on concrete, and gravel floors. If the phone wasn't in case, I'm sure I would have many dents, dings on it by now. I don't have using case on my iPhone at all, it becomes a must have item for phone for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73