Does anyone else hate using a case on their iPhone?

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Cases and screen protectors are a must for me and I don't even drop my phone. It seems crazy to me to not want to protect your $1,000 investment.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Most of the time I don't use a case, I usually treat them like shoes. I don't have my phone in a case when I'm at home or working (in an office), because, like many others, I prefer the feel of the phone naked. Even if I happen to drop it (which luckily I haven't), wood floors or the couch or whatever I drop it onto isn't going to do much damage. I do have a glass screen protector to avoid scratches.

Whenever I leave the house or work I slap a case on, just on the off chance I drop the device (it's a pretty slippery phone), and also to protect against scratches when I set it down on a bar/table/bench etc. I have a few cases, some that are very thin and just for looks, and others that are more heavy duty. Just like with shoes, I use whatever is appropriate for the task at hand.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Even the smallest thinnest cases bother me and add too much bulk. Anyone else feel the same ?!

I'm absolutely with you on this. That said, I did pick one up at the Apple store but aside from being thin, they were also clear with sides to match the color of the iPhone you have. The only real reason I got it was to make it easier to hold. I typically end up taking them off after a short while but I think this one might actually stick. It's thin and doesn't detract from the looks at all. Best of all, I can get a grip on the thing.

Loiselle

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I had certain criteria before I would keep a case.

1) It had to add a level of grip that is completely missing from the aluminum bodied design of the 6S/S Plus.
2) It cannot add extra or what I would call unnecessary bulk.
3) It had to be very plain. All it was doing was serving a function.
4) It had to offer enough protection that if it made a short fall, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Having said that, I usually go for the TPU style, form fitting cases. I have one now from a company called "Diztronic" that I'm giving a good testing to. And I have another form fitting "minimalist" case being delivered tomorrow.

You have to be sure about these things, so I take full advantage of Amazon Prime's easy return policy. I'll keep buying one until I'm certain it's the one I'll keep.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Gotta have a case (me not you) for 2 reasons.

1. The smooth form factor hurts my hands. I have to super grip it on phone calls and just holding so I actually get a sore hand holding it. Case gives me the much needed grip.

2. When I skydive I Wingsuit and skydiving is a violent arena for cell phones. The lifeproof is the best protection for Dropzone environments.

Lifeproof N??d + AppleCare+ and I'm pretty confident I can replace my phone whenever I choose too and not get myself in a situation where I am without.

Yeah. I just got a LifeProof as well. Mostly for camping, hiking, beach...etc. I have a 3rdi Galleries case for everything else. Because life happens...

emanwis

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I keep going back and forth on using a case. Some days I go without and others I will throw on a thin case. I will occasionally put on an Otterbox Defender for those days where my coordination may be impaired (St Patty's Day is this Thursday, for example).

Brandon Harhi

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I like to use cases when I'm going out to places that I know might be a little rough on my phones. Otherwise, I like to use a skin. It gives a little more grip, some scratch protecting, and another way of personalizing my phone.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I just got a LifeProof as well. Mostly for camping, hiking, beach...etc. I have a 3rdi Galleries case for everything else. Because life happens...
Same here, just bought a LifeProof Fre for those "just in case" moments, which as clumsy as I am is most all moments. :)

limedaiquar

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hate cases but I'm pretty clumsy and have shattered plenty of screens. I have tried 3 speck candy shells (1 grip), and a zagg glass luxe screen protector. Way too bulky for me. I love the feel of the aluminum. So I ordered 2 Ringke slim cases and those are veerryyy thin and they work just fine. I do need AppleCare though.....

bex85

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I always use a case on my phones. I did briefly go caseless on one of the phones I had last year but, just felt wrong so started using a case again. Didnt look as pretty or feel as nice but, Id rather my phone was protected than not. Now have a 6S Plus 128GB and for darn sure it will be protected!!!! Have a tempered glass screen protector on it and a Spigen Air Cusion case. I did have an ultra thin gel case for my 16GB 6S Plus but, felt the 128GB one needed more protection as it was a present from my partner and I definitely want to keep it protected at that price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77