iPhone 6S plus size?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
As a man and not a woman I find the plus to be a bit big for my pockets. I came from a note which had a larger screen but a smaller size and it was much lighter also. I jumped to the 6+ for a very short time and then I went to the 6s when it dropped. I missed the one handed usage of a phone. Yeah you have the home button double tap and the note had the screen shrink but for me the 6s is a good size for one handed use and pocketability

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I see the draw to the 6s size and the 6s Plus' size. I didn't want to have to decide between them so I got the both. The 6s Plus can large to a fault but most of the time its size is great.

dglennsmith

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had all iPhones and the 6S+ is the best yet. Love the screen size and battery life. And with the thin Apple leather case I get good grip and easy sliding into a pocket.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I had the 6 and was highly disappointed I didn't get the plus. I ended up switching carriers, so I didn't make the same mistake; 6s+ in space gray alllllll day:cool:

just1083

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Had the 6 when it launched and decided to go with the S plus this time around and I'm very happy with that decision. Sometimes it's a bit awkward in one hand but overall worth it imo.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I had the iPhone 6. She upgraded a couple weeks ago to a 6S Plus, as she emails a lot for work and the longer battery usage worked better for her. I never thought I would ever go with a plus, as I thought the 6 was the perfect size after the 5S.

After holding hers and messing around with it here and there I just swung by AT&T the other day after work and took a chance and upgraded to the 6S Plus as well. It was a scary move, but I'm very happy with it! Love the battery life and the larger screen. Still getting used to pocketing it with my work uniform, but it'll pass. I got the Apple Leather case as it doesn't add any bulk and gives it some protection and grip.

Bad Larry

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
The 6S + is the most amazing device that I have ever owned. The screen size is just right for these aging eyes of mine. The battery life, cameras, etc. have added up to my fantasy phone come to life.
It has also been a great conversation starter. After taking my 6S+ out in the cafeteria at work recently, a co-worker exclaimed "Wow! That's huge!" To which I could only reply....."that's what she said".
😳

jhstewart0716

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
The size is what makes it the plus- and the battery life is amazing worth the upgrade especially with image stabilization too. I at first was intimidated by it but I love it now

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I came from a Nexus 6 (2 weeks ago today) so I was already used to the size. Great phone and great battery life. No regrets.

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
No regrets. I love it. I had hand cramps (and I have huge hands, which is why I like a plus) for maybe a minute while I got used to it and then ever since it's been my favorite and if I pick up a 6s, it feels TINY, let alone an SE. For me when it comes to screen size (and the added battery and camera benefits), bigger is better.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been using a large phone for quite some time now. Started with a Samsung Note 2 then Note 4 and loved it. Until Apple came out with a the "Plus" versions, I never considered them because of the size. I now finally came over and am sporting a 6s Plus and love it. I look at my wife and daughter's 6s and realize there is no way I can go smaller anymore.

Jazzy79

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Both hubby and I can from Note 3 and now have 6s plus and we love these phones!!! I have always waited for Apple to come out with bigger phones. :heart:

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the 6S+ in December, and just recently picked up a 6S. I am now selling my 6S+ as I have finally decided that it's just too big. I actually like the screen size and the battery life - but the phone itself is too big and heavy. The only thing I never tried is an apple silicone case to see if that is slim enough to make the phone feel a little smaller. Mostly I used fairly sturdy cases, like Speck, etc., and just found it too bulky. Hard to reach the stupid back arrow in the upper left corner too - even with reachability.

rayporsche

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Love the phone and the size and even though is kind of in the big side imo is it fairly easy to use one-handed at least 90% of the time, about the 10% ? well like 'jkmasi' said in the previous post about the back arrow, little things like that if you will, for instance when you are in 'Photos' and the 'Select' is all the way up there in the upper right side, one can always press and hold the pic to select but then the 'Edit' is way up there too, same in 'Notes' and probably some others, luckily we have 3DTouch which helps when writing a new message among many other applications. I am right handed but use my smartphones with the left hand and if it wasn't for those little things the device would be easily used with one hand most of the time then again it was probably design to be used with both hands so we just have to circumvent, make it work and there is nothing wrong with that. Not complaining at all, I am sure there are different views on this matter and I would definitely find it hard to leave the big screen, already tried but it was a no go in my case....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm all in with the 6s Plus crowd. Fits my pockets surprisingly well and have no other size issues. My Wife still prefers her 4" iPhone 5c.

PretzelLogic

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I went around and around for over a week trying to decide between the 6S and the 6S Plus. I finally pulled the trigger last night and I was surprised how manageable it is. All the display phones are white, and for some reason they made the Plus look larger to me.

As for a case there is only one choice for me. The Apple leather case. It's slim and protective. It's really slim. I've dropped my iPhone 6 twice on tile with this case and the phone suffered no damage. So it was a no brainer to get the same case for my Plus.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I went around and around for over a week trying to decide between the 6S and the 6S Plus. I finally pulled the trigger last night and I was surprised how manageable it is. All the display phones are white, and for some reason they made the Plus look larger to me.

As for a case there is only one choice for me. The Apple leather case. It's slim and protective. It's really slim. I've dropped my iPhone 6 twice on tile with this case and the phone suffered no damage. So it was a no brainer to get the same case for my Plus.

The Apple leather case complement the iPhone really well ;)

Grats on the getting the Plus!!

nicnoc

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've quite recently converted to the Plus having used a regular 6s since launch. Was always put off by the size but to be honest in day to day use i haven't found it to be a problem. I'd 2 hand type on a 6s anyway as wary of dropping so makes no difference.
Bonus is i get a longer lasting battery, landscape options in mail (which i love) and OIS on the camera - this is my main photography device.

No regrets here!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh