Why does my battery seem to drain so fast since upgrading to iOS 9.2?

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
ios 9.2 Battery Drain - 6s Plus

Hi guys,

Apologizes if there is already a thread on this.

I upgraded to ios 9.2 last night and the battery on my iPhone 6s Plus seems to be draining twice as fast as it would have on 9.1?

Any one else having this problem ??

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: ios 9.2 Battery Drain - 6s Plus

Hi guys,

I upgraded to ios 9.2 last night and the battery on my iPhone 6s Plus seems to be draining twice as fast as it would have on 9.1?

I wouldn't say twice as fast for me. But I did notice it draining faster, doing routine things on a normal day. Standby time is still solid as can be.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No change here. Sometimes an update can change Settings. Check those. Also, often times we use our phone more right after an update to check stuff. That uses more battery in itself.

khoenman

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I am also having the problem. I use this phone extensively and I am very aware of how it performs, battery life, etc. Since updating to IOS 9.2 I have noticed that when I am using an application for more than a few minutes, the phone heats up tremendously. I can even feel this through the apple phone case. It never did this before updating to IOS 9.2. Yesterday, when I got to work in the morning, the phone warned me that I had less than 20% battery remaining, and I had only been listening to podcasts on my way to work. Completely unacceptable performance in my opinion. I have an appt at the apple store on Sunday to see if this can be fixed.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

If anything, battery life seems a bit better on iPhone 6, and the same on my old original iPad mini....no overheating problems either on iPhone 6, 6plus, my iPad mini or my wifes iPad 2

SoxfaninFL

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

I have notice a difference since I've updated to 9.2. I'm going to downgrade back 9.1. Apple will allow it up to two weeks after a new update comes out.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have notice a difference since I've updated to 9.2. I'm going to downgrade back 9.1. Apple will allow it up to two weeks after a new update comes out.

The key phrase is "up to". They can stop signing 9.1 at any time so the sooner the better for you. Good luck and let us know if you notice a difference!

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys,

I have not had any change in battery life. You may want to do a fresh install. Did you do an OTA update or did you hook it up to iTunes to update? If you hooked it up to iTunes, the update is almost 4 times larger than the OTA update because you are getting the whole OS plugged into the phone instead of a patch. You may have had an issue based upon doing the OTA update.

Do a fresh install after backing up your phone and restore from recovery. It won't take long and should resolve your problem.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For me it's the opposite. 9.1 was a battery drainer for my 6S Plus, so I reverted back to 9.0.2. When 9.2 was released. I installed 9.2 OTA and my battery life has been a lot better. I can still get 15 h - 16 hours of usage on a single charge.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Have to agree here. Prior to the update, my 6S+ would stay at 100 percent charge overnight. Now, when I wake it first thing in the morning, it's been between 96-98 percent. Only thing that has changed has been the update.

SoxfaninFL

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

I tried to downgrade, but I got a 1394 error. I was taking the steps to downgrade to avoid the 1394 error. This is a real big pain in the but. I did reset all my setting, but that didn't work either. I'm going to try that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2