From LG G4 to IP6S+?

mattdamiz85

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone here switched from a G4 or something similar in favor of a 6S+? I currently have a G4 and really have no issues with it. But I've been thinking about sipping the koolaid.... Curious if it can become my daily driver.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I've been back and forth many times, had a G3 and most recently a Note Edge on the Android side...Now on a 6S (I also had a 6+ for a few months, sold it in favor of the "smaller" form factor of the 6S). For me the transition was no problem, mainly because there's a plethora of Google services apps, and most of my other apps that I use heavily are "free' apps such as Dropbox, OneNote, etc. There was only a couple I had to repurchase.

I love the way my phone and iPad Air 2 work together. Probably the biggest thing that drove me to switch was the hot steaming mess that is known as Android software updates. I know Apple isn't perfect with updates and has had their share of update bugs, but I have no doubt that I'll be getting the updates.

If you rely on File Managers on a daily basis, then yeah, that's going to be a problem for you. I've managed to get around that by becoming more reliant on cloud services like Dropbox and iCloud, but I realize that's not for everyone.

I'm very happy with my switch and I feel like I will be on iOS for the forseeable future.

Edit: BTW, welcome to iMore. Stick around and become a regular!

mattdamiz85

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I just placed the order for a 6S Plus in space gray. Was torn between the sizes but figured I can exchange and go with the 6S if the plus is too beastly. Thanks for the info!

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I just placed the order for a 6S Plus in space gray. Was torn between the sizes but figured I can exchange and go with the 6S if the plus is too beastly. Thanks for the info!

Awesome! Good for you! Just make sure you give yourself at least a week with it before deciding if you're going to return it and go back to android. Change can be difficult but sometimes really enjoyable if we allow it.

Couple hints -
  • I imagine that you use Gmail/Google Calendar etc since you're coming from Android? If so, very easy to migrate. You can set up your Google account under Settings>Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
  • If you use the standard mail app for Gmail it will only be on a "pull" basis, not push. I use the GMail app, as well as Google Calendar app. GMail app is push, so you get instant notifications.
  • There's lots of good info here from real life users so browse, use the search function, and if you're not seeing your question anywhere by all means ask for help if needed.
  • Above all, enjoy your new device!!

mattdamiz85

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Good for you! Just make sure you give yourself at least a week with it before deciding if you're going to return it and go back to android. Change can be difficult but sometimes really enjoyable if we allow it.

Couple hints -
  • I imagine that you use Gmail/Google Calendar etc since you're coming from Android? If so, very easy to migrate. You can set up your Google account under Settings>Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
  • If you use the standard mail app for Gmail it will only be on a "pull" basis, not push. I use the GMail app, as well as Google Calendar app. GMail app is push, so you get instant notifications.
  • There's lots of good info here from real life users so browse, use the search function, and if you're not seeing your question anywhere by all means ask for help if needed.
  • Above all, enjoy your new device!!

What do you use for your daily driver?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 5 and a 6s+ I mean, it's all the same to me Imo. Just do what you want...if you want to sip the kool-aid then do it! Only gripe is I do use my note 5 more than my 6s+, just I need to look at a beautiful screen and 6s+ screen isn't beautiful to me. And I need gorgeous pictures and selfies with little to no editing and the 6s+ just can't give it to me.

kindacrazyazn

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I had an LG G2 for almost two years and just recently switched to the 6s+ and I am pretty happy with the decision. I personally like the screen of the iPhone. It is more true to colors and if you really want to distort colors add a filter to your picture. But that is up to you. I now have my G2 as an alarm clock but my 6s+ is my daily now.

As far as the email. It is a bummer that it is pull but if you get the gmail app it is push. I just wanted to use the stock email app. But once again personal preference.

And lastly. I do miss customization. Something that android excels at but I lost stability once I rooted and put custom ROMS on my G2.

I really enjoy the aesthetics of the 6s+. So that is another reason why I switched.

Enjoy though! And hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW