iPhone 6s Plus or 6s with Apple Watch?

Ashish Asawa

May 1, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6s Plus or 6s with apple watch.

Hi,
I have recently got the apple watch, and I am using it with my iPhone 5s (2 years old). Everything is fine but to use watch I have to keep my phone bluetooth on, which is draining its battery more quickly then before. So I was thinking of upgrading my phone, which one you guys suggest better with Apple watch 6s or 6sPlus. Can it survive the whole day in single charge in 6s or 6s plus. My usual pattern is some gaming, browsing, reading articles, whatsapp, weather, mail, calendar. I don't mind 6splus size if its outweigh battery over 6s.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6s Plus or 6s with apple watch.

The watch is a low battery drainer.. I have the 6s plus and don't have an issue with it.. I use to have the reg 6 and I could see maybe a 10% difference in battery with the watch.. Also it depends on how much information is coming to your watch as well

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The 6s Plus gets better battery life because it literally has a bigger battery inside of it and you'd have a much better chance of getting a whole day out of it than with a 6s.

That being said, battery life is subjective and you will hear all sorts of claims and "proof" with screenshots in these forums, but it depends on how you set up the iPhone and how YOU actually use it. For me, I have had both the 6s and the 6s Plus and I had to trickle charge each of them throughout the day to make it to bedtime... I am a HEAVY user. I've seen people write that they get 2 or 3 days out of a 6s... so again, totally subjective.

As for the Watch, it uses BT LE and has minimal effect on battery life on the iPhone

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've gone for the 6S+ purely due to the larger battery. With the way I have it set up I can get 2 days between charges. My watch though, I still charge each night even though I might be able to get the 2 days too.

PoisonMaps

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

I have used the Watch with both screen sizes and didn't have any battery life problems with either. Although, as people say, it really depends on your usage. If you are worried and don't mind the size then go for the bigger one. Apart from the bulk (which you don't mind) and price there aren't any downsides to the Plus, but there are plenty of upsides in terms of the bigger screen, longer battery life and optical image stabilisation.

I find the 6S+ is a bit big for some of my pockets, which makes it awkward to get out. However one of the advantages of the Watch is that notifications mean that you don't need to get the phone out anywhere near as often. So the increased size of the Plus is less of an issue if you have the Watch.

OverseerMG

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site

I always leave my Bluetooth on for connecting to my other devices and I've never had a power draining issue. It maybe something else that is causing your power issues. I would install an app that monitors the background processes to help identify the issue. Good luck. :)