I need to stop straying away !!!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a bit like that. I started with the iPhone and then went over to android for a few years. I was always lusting after the latest and greatest and buying and selling phones and wasting money!!!

Since I came back to the iPhone in 2014. I've settled down. In the first 6 months I did buy a note 4 and nexus 7 2013 but I quickly got rid of them when I realised that I preferred my iPhone/iPad. Now that I've built up an extensive apple ecosystem (iPhone, 2x iPad, MacBook Air, Apple Watch, Apple TV), It doesn't make sense to buy android devices. I still get the odd craving but it doesn't last long enough for me to actually go out and purchase an android device

That was me up until a few weeks ago. I had the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5. I liked them but got lured away to Android. Pretty much primarily used Android from 2012 until a week before Christmas in 2015. I finally got fed up of always upgrading, buying and selling, looking for the next big thing. I realized that what I wanted was an iPhone and the Apple ecosystem. I've picked up a MacBook and an Apple TV to go along with my 6s Plus and am finally content with where I am. This is what I've been wanting all along! I don't see me leaving Apple for a long time.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Not gonna lie. I went to Best Buy today and was a bit tempted by some of the android devices. Someone talk me out of it !

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
That was me up until a few weeks ago. I had the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5. I liked them but got lured away to Android. Pretty much primarily used Android from 2012 until a week before Christmas in 2015. I finally got fed up of always upgrading, buying and selling, looking for the next big thing. I realized that what I wanted was an iPhone and the Apple ecosystem. I've picked up a MacBook and an Apple TV to go along with my 6s Plus and am finally content with where I am. This is what I've been wanting all along! I don't see me leaving Apple for a long time.

I too am just now diving into the apple ecosystem!! I used the 4s, 5c, 5s, 6 plus but never really kept an iPhone for longer than 3 months. But then I realized I was going through twice the amount of android devices looking for the perfect one... Ended up realizing that Apple is pretty darn good and making things just work and not lag. So I got the 6s plus, Apple Watch, Apple TV, was gonna grab a MacBook but instead I bought an iPad Pro...( gonna use my dell laptop till it dies lol).

Now I just really need to figure out how to use the Apple TV lol

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6s+. It just works. Battery is great. But every time I see a shiny new android phone, I trade the iPhone, and come back 2 days later. Does anyone else suffer from the same problem?!

I suffer badly from this. What I typically do is once the S series comes out I use this time to play with other platforms since we know there is no design change. Now when the 7 comes out I will roll with that for the year or at least try. I am a phonejunkie and need help. lol

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I too am just now diving into the apple ecosystem!! I used the 4s, 5c, 5s, 6 plus but never really kept an iPhone for longer than 3 months. But then I realized I was going through twice the amount of android devices looking for the perfect one... Ended up realizing that Apple is pretty darn good and making things just work and not lag. So I got the 6s plus, Apple Watch, Apple TV, was gonna grab a MacBook but instead I bought an iPad Pro...( gonna use my dell laptop till it dies lol).

Now I just really need to figure out how to use the Apple TV lol

Yeah, looks like we're pretty much in the same boat. I kept complaining about how expensive Apple products were, then I noticed how much money I was spending trying to find the perfect Android phone. So I've moved to Apple and am pretty stoked about it. I almost went the iPad Pro route, but I got that MacBook on a Best Buy flash sale before Christmas for $999. So I jumped. I'll probably get an Air 3 when they come out down the road to complete the collection. My Apple TV should be delivered tomorrow.

enb123

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, looks like we're pretty much in the same boat. I kept complaining about how expensive Apple products were, then I noticed how much money I was spending trying to find the perfect Android phone. So I've moved to Apple and am pretty stoked about it. I almost went the iPad Pro route, but I got that MacBook on a Best Buy flash sale before Christmas for $999. So I jumped. I'll probably get an Air 3 when they come out down the road to complete the collection. My Apple TV should be delivered tomorrow.

Funny you say that. I got an iPhone when T-Mobile had a promotion that discounted it by $200, which negated my "it's overpriced" complaint. And it's pretty much cured my desire to hop from phone to phone. It's maybe not at the cutting edge of every feature, but it's a very well rounded phone that's good at everything. So, yeah, if it stops you from hopping, it's definitely the most cost-effective purchase!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Been rocking the Nexus 6P for a month now but I'm slated to swap it for a 6S Plus tomorrow. The 6P, to me, is the perfect Android device. No issues whatsoever but I feel compelled to switch back to an iPhone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Been rocking the Nexus 6P for a month now but I'm slated to swap it for a 6S Plus tomorrow. The 6P, to me, is the perfect Android device. No issues whatsoever but I feel compelled to switch back to an iPhone

You stated that the 6P is the perfect "Android device". Does that mean that it isn't comparable to iPhone in your opinion? Also, what's compelling you to switch back to the iPhone? iOS, the iPhone's simplicity, familiarity or what? I'm just curious and not trying to put you on the spot or anything like that.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You stated that the 6P is the perfect "Android device". Does that mean that it isn't comparable to iPhone in your opinion? Also, what's compelling you to switch back to the iPhone? iOS, the iPhone's simplicity, familiarity or what? I'm just curious and not trying to put you on the spot or anything like that.

No issues JMD! It's very comparable to an iPhone honestly. It's, to me, the iPhone of the Android world. Traditional Nexus shortcomings such as camera aren't present with the 6P.

I think I'm mainly compelled to switch back due to some life changing events for my wife and I on the horizon. I'll have less bandwidth to device Hop and the ease of some of the integrated iOS features such as FaceTime will be useful.

But, if this deal that I brokered falls through, I can confidently say that I'm fine keeping the 6P.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No issues JMD! It's very comparable to an iPhone honestly. It's, to me, the iPhone of the Android world. Traditional Nexus shortcomings such as camera aren't present with the 6P.

I think I'm mainly compelled to switch back due to some life changing events for my wife and I on the horizon. I'll have less bandwidth to device Hop and the ease of some of the integrated iOS features such as FaceTime will be useful.

But, if this deal that I brokered falls through, I can confidently say that I'm fine keeping the 6P.

Oh okay. I understand, and thank you for clarifying...:)

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My note 5 battery lasts as long as my 6s+. Just get 2 Phones a year and switch every month or so between them. Problem solved :)

I love iOS and Android. I do that a lot. Moo said it best: get Both, The Note 5 is Awesome, best android phone I have ever used. So fast, so Good. Great camera, Great battery life, no connection issues at all on my AT&T version. Works perfectly.
iOS and Android both have good and bad. iOS and iPhone users have a hard time switching to Android.
They miss iCloud, iMessage, and the ecosystem that no other company can match.

Microsoft could have had as good of an ecosystem but ballmer happened. Fail. So iOS is the Only platform that works together so so sweetly.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Been on an iPhone 6 from a Nexus 6P since Tuesday and I'd forgotten how impressive a "small" 1810 mAh battery could be in comparison to the 3450 mAh behemoth in the Nexus. Such an efficient device. Unplugged around 6:20 yesterday morning and didn't plug in again until around 4:30 this morning and still had 41% left with about 4.5 hrs of usage. Just phenomenal!

I really don't know why I keep switching.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
One of the features that I'm enjoying so much is the spotlight search. To be able to search my favorite show from the home screen and then have it link to my Netflix account is sensational. I use the spotlight search for just about everything now.

femme

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Android screens are definitely nice, but one major downfall I had with my old Note 4 was "screen burn in" after a year and that wasn't cool.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner