I need to stop straying away !!!

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Keep at least one Android phone around. I have a 6s as my daily driver and and old Moto X 2013 running lollipop for messing around. Keeps my sanity as I love Android but it has never worked out for me as a daily driver.

I hear that. I used to like having an Android phone and an iPad. I always had my hands on Android and iOS. Since moving to an iPhone, I miss having an Android device around to mess around with. I almost picked up the sale priced Nexus 5X a week or so ago but ultimately decided it wasn't in the budget. Maybe a Nexus 7 would do the trick, but that just seems like such an old device now.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same way!!! swapped from the s6 to the iphone 6s to the Note 5.. now back to the iPhone 6s Plus.. lol I even thought about buying the LG V10 when it was on sale for $49.95 lol... But everyone I talk to has apple and facetime is great, plus we have better emojis lol

That was the main reason for me coming back to iOS. Haven't used an iPhone since the 4s. Honestly speaking I enjoy my note 5 over the 6s+ as I think it's a better device all around except battery life. Samsung has come a long way! However, the iPhone does fit into my ecosystem of iPads and MacBooks. couple that with the majority of my friends and family use Apple devices so just a little bit of peer pressure as well. Lol.

I'm hoping to stick with this device for awhile and if I decide to go back to android it would only be for the latest note device. So far I'm happy with the 6s+.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that super AMOLED display is very nice. I recently switched carriers to cut back on expenses and just got the 6s+. I missed the phablet size devices so I couldn't wait to get another. I had the 5 and 6; definitely wont go smaller again:D

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I sent off for that Samsung promotion giving me a galaxy note 5 for a month. I have had it maybe a week now and have barely picked it up. It is a great device I just have to much on my plate right now to really mess with it to much. I mean it has sat on my bedside table for 3 days straight. I will say that standby time has improved since my last android as I haven't charged the battery in days.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I love my 6s+, but I felt compelled to try the Nexus 6P. Fortunately for my sanity, I found a few deal breakers for me with that phone. There was a lot I did like about it, but ultimately I like the iPhone better.

Now, I sort of feel compelled to try the Note 5, but I think I'm going to resist.

It's a blessing and a curse to have so many strong options these days.

Sign up at samsungpromotions.com for a 30 day trial with an activated galaxy note 5.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I used to. Switched from iPhone 5 to the Note 3, a few months later got the iPhone 6. Then recently changed to the Note 5, great phone, great os and camera. And now I just got the 6S+ iPhone all the way mate. No matter how fun Android seems and the features it offers, it doesn't run as smooth as iOS, iOS is very consistent and fast.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am guilty of doing this myself. I recently tried the Note 5 and overall it's a darn beautiful phone. However, in just a few short days I noticed poor reception, inferior battery life because of poor power management and the occasional bouts of lag. This display is pretty and the ability to customize and make other apps your defaults like messaging, browsers, launchers is really sweet. However, I'll take the super fantastic battery life, great reception and overall dependability of my iPhone 6s Plus any day! I think I am done straying for awhile.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
As a follow up, I did the Samsung Test Drive again with the Galaxy 6 edge this time. Currently its sitting on my nightstand, been dead for the majority of the week. Not a fan of the curved edges, and the phone just feels too small.

SkinTag

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to the 6+ from an HTC One M8, which, by the way, was a great phone. I hadn't used an iPhone in years, and I was curious to become familiar again with iOS and the hardware. Unconciously I really wanted to get the Note 5, but it was too late?I went over my 14-day trial. What can I say? The 6+ is a beautiful phone?a little bit too heavy for my taste. The iOS experience is certainly fluid, but I feel a little trapped being in the restricted Apple environment.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Need any more? :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've done it in the past but I've never given up the iPhone, just supplemented it with an Android device. The Android device has always left me underwhelmed.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Marketing department on Samsung does their job well. Still when I remind myself of owning an awesome phone (6) the urge to switch goes away.

Biggs91276

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing. Had the note 5 for quite a bit but started missing the iPhone so traded my friend his iPhone 6s Plus 64gb for my 32gb note 5.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
From the rumors, the iPhone 7 will start using AMOLED, same as Samsung

What I read was that they were contracting with Samsung and LG to put it in the 2018 iPhone. So it'll be the iPhone 8 if they follow the same release schedule and naming scheme.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I used to be a bit like that. I started with the iPhone and then went over to android for a few years. I was always lusting after the latest and greatest and buying and selling phones and wasting money!!!

Since I came back to the iPhone in 2014. I've settled down. In the first 6 months I did buy a note 4 and nexus 7 2013 but I quickly got rid of them when I realised that I preferred my iPhone/iPad. Now that I've built up an extensive apple ecosystem (iPhone, 2x iPad, MacBook Air, Apple Watch, Apple TV), It doesn't make sense to buy android devices. I still get the odd craving but it doesn't last long enough for me to actually go out and purchase an android device

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a bit like that. I started with the iPhone and then went over to android for a few years. I was always lusting after the latest and greatest and buying and selling phones and wasting money!!!

Since I came back to the iPhone in 2014. I've settled down. In the first 6 months I did buy a note 4 and nexus 7 2013 but I quickly got rid of them when I realised that I preferred my iPhone/iPad. Now that I've built up an extensive apple ecosystem (iPhone, 2x iPad, MacBook Air, Apple Watch, Apple TV), It doesn't make sense to buy android devices. I still get the odd craving but it doesn't last long enough for me to actually go out and purchase an android device

Sounds like a lot of people :) Once you start to buy in, you really enjoy it all and want to add to it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2