I love my 6s+, but I felt compelled to try the Nexus 6P. Fortunately for my sanity, I found a few deal breakers for me with that phone. There was a lot I did like about it, but ultimately I like the iPhone better.

Now, I sort of feel compelled to try the Note 5, but I think I'm going to resist.

It's a blessing and a curse to have so many strong options these days.
    Sign up at samsungpromotions.com for a 30 day trial with an activated galaxy note 5.
    SkinTag likes this.
    12-19-2015 10:52 AM
    I used to. Switched from iPhone 5 to the Note 3, a few months later got the iPhone 6. Then recently changed to the Note 5, great phone, great os and camera. And now I just got the 6S+ iPhone all the way mate. No matter how fun Android seems and the features it offers, it doesn't run as smooth as iOS, iOS is very consistent and fast.
    nj1266 likes this.
    12-19-2015 07:38 PM
    I am guilty of doing this myself. I recently tried the Note 5 and overall it's a darn beautiful phone. However, in just a few short days I noticed poor reception, inferior battery life because of poor power management and the occasional bouts of lag. This display is pretty and the ability to customize and make other apps your defaults like messaging, browsers, launchers is really sweet. However, I'll take the super fantastic battery life, great reception and overall dependability of my iPhone 6s Plus any day! I think I am done straying for awhile.
    12-20-2015 12:23 AM
    As a follow up, I did the Samsung Test Drive again with the Galaxy 6 edge this time. Currently its sitting on my nightstand, been dead for the majority of the week. Not a fan of the curved edges, and the phone just feels too small.
    12-21-2015 10:13 AM
    I upgraded to the 6+ from an HTC One M8, which, by the way, was a great phone. I hadn't used an iPhone in years, and I was curious to become familiar again with iOS and the hardware. Unconciously I really wanted to get the Note 5, but it was too lateI went over my 14-day trial. What can I say? The 6+ is a beautiful phonea little bit too heavy for my taste. The iOS experience is certainly fluid, but I feel a little trapped being in the restricted Apple environment.
    12-22-2015 05:45 PM
    Yes, I have to agree that the call clarity and reception have been great.
    luminosity6 likes this.
    12-22-2015 05:46 PM
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Need any more?
    12-22-2015 07:07 PM
    I think it's natural to want to try out new things. But over time, it may be beneficial to stick to one ecosystem and call it a day.
    Hectorius and mumfoau like this.
    12-27-2015 08:37 AM
    I've done it in the past but I've never given up the iPhone, just supplemented it with an Android device. The Android device has always left me underwhelmed.
    12-27-2015 08:42 AM
    Marketing department on Samsung does their job well. Still when I remind myself of owning an awesome phone (6) the urge to switch goes away.
    12-27-2015 10:35 AM
    From the rumors, the iPhone 7 will start using AMOLED, same as Samsung
    01-01-2016 01:47 PM
    I did the same thing. Had the note 5 for quite a bit but started missing the iPhone so traded my friend his iPhone 6s Plus 64gb for my 32gb note 5.
    01-03-2016 09:37 AM
    From the rumors, the iPhone 7 will start using AMOLED, same as Samsung
    What I read was that they were contracting with Samsung and LG to put it in the 2018 iPhone. So it'll be the iPhone 8 if they follow the same release schedule and naming scheme.
    01-03-2016 09:18 PM
    I used to be a bit like that. I started with the iPhone and then went over to android for a few years. I was always lusting after the latest and greatest and buying and selling phones and wasting money!!!

Since I came back to the iPhone in 2014. I've settled down. In the first 6 months I did buy a note 4 and nexus 7 2013 but I quickly got rid of them when I realised that I preferred my iPhone/iPad. Now that I've built up an extensive apple ecosystem (iPhone, 2x iPad, MacBook Air, Apple Watch, Apple TV), It doesn't make sense to buy android devices. I still get the odd craving but it doesn't last long enough for me to actually go out and purchase an android device
    Wildo6882, mach1man and swarlos like this.
    01-05-2016 06:42 AM
    I used to be a bit like that. I started with the iPhone and then went over to android for a few years. I was always lusting after the latest and greatest and buying and selling phones and wasting money!!!

Since I came back to the iPhone in 2014. I've settled down. In the first 6 months I did buy a note 4 and nexus 7 2013 but I quickly got rid of them when I realised that I preferred my iPhone/iPad. Now that I've built up an extensive apple ecosystem (iPhone, 2x iPad, MacBook Air, Apple Watch, Apple TV), It doesn't make sense to buy android devices. I still get the odd craving but it doesn't last long enough for me to actually go out and purchase an android device
    Sounds like a lot of people Once you start to buy in, you really enjoy it all and want to add to it!
    01-05-2016 07:07 AM

That was me up until a few weeks ago. I had the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5. I liked them but got lured away to Android. Pretty much primarily used Android from 2012 until a week before Christmas in 2015. I finally got fed up of always upgrading, buying and selling, looking for the next big thing. I realized that what I wanted was an iPhone and the Apple ecosystem. I've picked up a MacBook and an Apple TV to go along with my 6s Plus and am finally content with where I am. This is what I've been wanting all along! I don't see me leaving Apple for a long time.
    01-05-2016 01:05 PM
    I have had similar problems over the years, I finally decided to stick with my iPhone and have been happy ever since.
    01-05-2016 07:30 PM
    Not gonna lie. I went to Best Buy today and was a bit tempted by some of the android devices. Someone talk me out of it !
    01-05-2016 11:37 PM
    That was me up until a few weeks ago. I had the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5. I liked them but got lured away to Android. Pretty much primarily used Android from 2012 until a week before Christmas in 2015. I finally got fed up of always upgrading, buying and selling, looking for the next big thing. I realized that what I wanted was an iPhone and the Apple ecosystem. I've picked up a MacBook and an Apple TV to go along with my 6s Plus and am finally content with where I am. This is what I've been wanting all along! I don't see me leaving Apple for a long time.
    I too am just now diving into the apple ecosystem!! I used the 4s, 5c, 5s, 6 plus but never really kept an iPhone for longer than 3 months. But then I realized I was going through twice the amount of android devices looking for the perfect one... Ended up realizing that Apple is pretty darn good and making things just work and not lag. So I got the 6s plus, Apple Watch, Apple TV, was gonna grab a MacBook but instead I bought an iPad Pro...( gonna use my dell laptop till it dies lol).

Now I just really need to figure out how to use the Apple TV lol
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-06-2016 12:46 AM
    I have the iPhone 6s+. It just works. Battery is great. But every time I see a shiny new android phone, I trade the iPhone, and come back 2 days later. Does anyone else suffer from the same problem?!
    I suffer badly from this. What I typically do is once the S series comes out I use this time to play with other platforms since we know there is no design change. Now when the 7 comes out I will roll with that for the year or at least try. I am a phonejunkie and need help. lol
    01-06-2016 04:02 AM
    I too am just now diving into the apple ecosystem!! I used the 4s, 5c, 5s, 6 plus but never really kept an iPhone for longer than 3 months. But then I realized I was going through twice the amount of android devices looking for the perfect one... Ended up realizing that Apple is pretty darn good and making things just work and not lag. So I got the 6s plus, Apple Watch, Apple TV, was gonna grab a MacBook but instead I bought an iPad Pro...( gonna use my dell laptop till it dies lol).

Now I just really need to figure out how to use the Apple TV lol
    Yeah, looks like we're pretty much in the same boat. I kept complaining about how expensive Apple products were, then I noticed how much money I was spending trying to find the perfect Android phone. So I've moved to Apple and am pretty stoked about it. I almost went the iPad Pro route, but I got that MacBook on a Best Buy flash sale before Christmas for $999. So I jumped. I'll probably get an Air 3 when they come out down the road to complete the collection. My Apple TV should be delivered tomorrow.
    01-06-2016 11:03 AM
    Yeah, looks like we're pretty much in the same boat. I kept complaining about how expensive Apple products were, then I noticed how much money I was spending trying to find the perfect Android phone. So I've moved to Apple and am pretty stoked about it. I almost went the iPad Pro route, but I got that MacBook on a Best Buy flash sale before Christmas for $999. So I jumped. I'll probably get an Air 3 when they come out down the road to complete the collection. My Apple TV should be delivered tomorrow.
    Funny you say that. I got an iPhone when T-Mobile had a promotion that discounted it by $200, which negated my "it's overpriced" complaint. And it's pretty much cured my desire to hop from phone to phone. It's maybe not at the cutting edge of every feature, but it's a very well rounded phone that's good at everything. So, yeah, if it stops you from hopping, it's definitely the most cost-effective purchase!
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-06-2016 01:54 PM
    Been rocking the Nexus 6P for a month now but I'm slated to swap it for a 6S Plus tomorrow. The 6P, to me, is the perfect Android device. No issues whatsoever but I feel compelled to switch back to an iPhone
    01-06-2016 05:07 PM
    Been rocking the Nexus 6P for a month now but I'm slated to swap it for a 6S Plus tomorrow. The 6P, to me, is the perfect Android device. No issues whatsoever but I feel compelled to switch back to an iPhone
    You stated that the 6P is the perfect "Android device". Does that mean that it isn't comparable to iPhone in your opinion? Also, what's compelling you to switch back to the iPhone? iOS, the iPhone's simplicity, familiarity or what? I'm just curious and not trying to put you on the spot or anything like that.
    01-06-2016 05:49 PM
    You stated that the 6P is the perfect "Android device". Does that mean that it isn't comparable to iPhone in your opinion? Also, what's compelling you to switch back to the iPhone? iOS, the iPhone's simplicity, familiarity or what? I'm just curious and not trying to put you on the spot or anything like that.
    No issues JMD! It's very comparable to an iPhone honestly. It's, to me, the iPhone of the Android world. Traditional Nexus shortcomings such as camera aren't present with the 6P.

I think I'm mainly compelled to switch back due to some life changing events for my wife and I on the horizon. I'll have less bandwidth to device Hop and the ease of some of the integrated iOS features such as FaceTime will be useful.

But, if this deal that I brokered falls through, I can confidently say that I'm fine keeping the 6P.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-06-2016 06:09 PM
57 123