New to ios - notification sound questions!

Nickkk101

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
hey all,

got a brand new 6sPlus and im liking the hardware so far but im trying to figure out some notification issues and i dont know enough about ios to know if this is just Apple's way of doing things or a bug... i came from WindowsPhone, and im on ios 9.01 btw.

1: after installing Tweetbot, i've noticed i no longer get the stock 'tweet' notification sound when a tweet arrives. I get a standard notification tone. The official Twitter app, that is still installed, also no longer gives that 'twitter whistle' i'm used to. All sounds are set to on, and the tweet tone (in Twitter) is set to the 'tweet' sound. is this normal behaviour? Do third party installs disable something im not aware of? all i need is tweet bot to make the tweet sound...

2: FB banner notifications are not showing-only the red badge icon. All settings are set to on and banner is enabled.

Are notifications generally only seen when locked within the today/notification drop down? or should i be seeing and hearing notifications come in in real time even when using the phone?

any help and clarity appreciated!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I normally don't use sound alerts for Twitter or Tweetbot. I do get other alerts though. It was just too many along with everything else. But using Tweetbot should have no affect on the Twitter app notifications. The only tweet sound I know of is with the Twitter app when sending a tweet or sharing from outside the app. I don't hear the sound from in the App.

Nickkk101

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I normally don't use sound alerts for Twitter or Tweetbot. I do get other alerts though. It was just too many along with everything else. But using Tweetbot should have no affect on the Twitter app notifications. The only tweet sound I know of is with the Twitter app when sending a tweet or sharing from outside the app. I don't hear the sound from in the App.

Thank you for the reply there! Its weird, when I get a tweet for example I get both Twitter and Tweetbot notifications in the notification centre/today view as id expect but only a stock alert tone, or whatever tone Tweetbot use (I don't know if they use a propriety one of their own) Ever since installing Tweetbot, I have never heard the tweet whistle despite it being set in the twitter app settings etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh