is there a big difference in camra quality between the 6s and 6s+?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-18-2015 02:55 PM
    I have used both extensively and is there a "big difference"... no, but the 6s Plus has OIS and does take "slightly" better pictures. Honestly it's not as big a differentiation as I thought it was going to be...
    11-18-2015 03:06 PM
    I have used both extensively and is there a "big difference"... no, but the 6s Plus has OIS and does take "slightly" better pictures. Honestly it's not as big a differentiation as I thought it was going to be...
    İ am going to buy a new iphone and i am confused between the 6s and the 6s plus, i need the better battery life and the better camera.
    İ had before sony z3 and i was very disappointed with the camera quality especially at low light.

11-18-2015 03:28 PM
    İ am going to buy a new iphone and i am confused between the 6s and the 6s plus, i need the better battery life and the better camera.
    İ had before sony z3 and i was very disappointed with the camera quality especially at low light.

If fantastic battery life is a need then just get the Plus. Having OIS is another bonus for low light stills or video that would benefit from the extra stability.
    11-18-2015 04:21 PM
    To normal folks (who aren't professional photographers), the difference is not noticeable. If you want super battery,go with the Plus, but it may be too big for you. Remember that they have a return window if you're not happy with what you end up choosing.
    11-18-2015 04:23 PM
    Then the answer is clear (as long as you don't mind the size and associated added weight) -- get the 6s Plus, it has both better battery life and technically a better camera
    11-18-2015 08:21 PM
    I've noticed that video taken on my 6s Plus with OIS is smoother than video taken with my wife's 6s.
    11-18-2015 08:43 PM
    I've noticed that video taken on my 6s Plus with OIS is smoother than video taken with my wife's 6s.
    That would be expected. I took some video over the weekend of my daughter chasing me around the yard. I was running backward holding the phone and it's remarkably smooth. OIS sort of has me hooked on the Plus for sure, amongst other things. The size can be a drawback, but the payout is worth it. Nothing good comes for free as they say.
    Rob Phillips and phobos512 like this.
    11-18-2015 09:32 PM
    That would be expected. I took some video over the weekend of my daughter chasing me around the yard. I was running backward holding the phone and it's remarkably smooth. OIS sort of has me hooked on the Plus for sure, amongst other things. The size can be a drawback, but the payout is worth it. Nothing good comes for free as they say.
    Very true. I find the size to be a benefit much more often than a drawback. The increased screen real estate is awesome. The only time I really struggle with the size is when I'm typing one handed.
    11-18-2015 09:36 PM
    To normal folks (who aren't professional photographers), the difference is not noticeable. If you want super battery,go with the Plus, but it may be too big for you. Remember that they have a return window if you're not happy with what you end up choosing.
    I am in no way a professional but you can tell slight differences. Is it enough to decide which phone to buy no but you can see it imo specially in low light situations. I would focus on battery life and screen size
    11-18-2015 10:15 PM
    I am in no way a professional but you can tell slight differences. Is it enough to decide which phone to buy no but you can see it imo specially in low light situations. I would focus on battery life and screen size
    So in low light conditions the 6s plus is better than the 6s at camera department?

11-19-2015 01:48 AM
    So in low light conditions the 6s plus is better than the 6s at camera department?

Yes but I don't think it's enough to make you decide which one you should get imo. I would focus in battery life and do you want a smaller screen or a bigger one. Either camera is still a good choice imo
    amr ashraf mostafa likes this.
    11-19-2015 01:54 AM
    Yes but I don't think it's enough to make you decide which one you should get imo. I would focus in battery life and do you want a smaller screen or a bigger one. Either camera is still a good choice imo
    Agree. I've been really happy with it. When the 6 and 6 plus came out last year I got the plus as an extra phone just to see if i could see the difference but I really couldn't. I loved the bigger battery but in the end sold the plus and only used the 6 bc I couldn't deal with the size.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-19-2015 06:22 AM
    No obvious difference I can tell
    11-20-2015 03:19 AM
    No obvious difference I can tell
    With pictures the differences is minor but in low light it helps. You can really tell the difference when you compare videos
    11-20-2015 10:00 PM
    The difference is in video and low light shots. But if it is not extreme low light the 6s performs well enough. And in very low light shots, the 6s+ does better but it is still not very good, so I dont see that as much a consideration when purchasing. I think going for the Plus is because you take a lot of video (OIS really really helps in unstable conditions), you need the extra battery life and you dont mind or actually want a phablet. I need a smaller phone for running and my general lifestyle, I dont record many videos and i am usually near a charger sometime during the day, so I bought the 6s. Result? The battery life is better than I expected, usually lasts me all day, the photos are top notch as I usually shoot in the day and the size is simply perfect (a luxury I am afraid will not be around next time i need a phone).
    11-25-2015 02:13 PM