Any college/university students with a 6S Plus?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I ask because I want to make sure that kindle textbooks are viewable on a 6S Plus. I am down to this or the Note 5, and this is the one thing that may be a deal breaker if not possible. I aso want to ask how is using a 6S Plus day to day for college students? I use Windows Phone and it isn't too bad but it lacks a decent Kindle app and my bank app.

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I have the 6 Plus and that does very well with college and work for day to day use; I charge it for a bit before I leave and it's fine for the whole day.

Regarding Kindle, if it's just the normal Kindle book app you mean then that seems to work just fine.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Well I have the 6 Plus and that does very well with college and work for day to day use; I charge it for a bit before I leave and it's fine for the whole day.

Regarding Kindle, if it's just the normal Kindle book app you mean then that seems to work just fine.

Do you normally by textbooks through iBooks or Kindle? Because I use Windows 8.1 and iBooks is a no go there.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Plus, but I do use my phone consistently for class. I use the Blackboard app, the Books app, Fantastical to keep track of my classes and wunderlist to remind me of any homework that I may have to do. I considered the Plus for a bit for its bigger screen but I just couldn't work my way to get it. It's just too big for my day to day things. The extra screen real-estate is great, but it wouldn't fit comfortably in my jeans, my cars upholder, etc. Maybe I'll give it a shot next semester....maybe.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a Plus, but I do use my phone consistently for class. I use the Blackboard app, the Books app, Fantastical to keep track of my classes and wunderlist to remind me of any homework that I may have to do. I considered the Plus for a bit for its bigger screen but I just couldn't work my way to get it. It's just too big for my day to day things. The extra screen real-estate is great, but it wouldn't fit comfortably in my jeans, my cars upholder, etc. Maybe I'll give it a shot next semester....maybe.

That is my concern, I have always preffered smaller devices as they fit my hand better and my pockets. I don't know if I switch size preference then it becomes a battel between the S6 and the 6S, and between the 2, I would definitely get the S6.

It sucks I have to go big to get the best, but this is what consumers have done. I wish the new Lumia 950 was coming to Verizon and I wouldn't even be discussing this, but nope. icrosoft dropping the ball. *sigh*.

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't tend to actually buy many books on my phone however you are able to take notes and create book marks in iBooks. I would imagine you can do the same in Kindle.

phobos512

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
If you look at the particular items you're concerned with in the Kindle store via the web browser it provides an indication of if there are any platform limitations.

For example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2653039

You can see here that this newspaper is only available on particular devices. On other books or magazines it might say - Kindle App, etc. That's how you can tell. It is limited by the publisher I believe.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That is my concern, I have always preffered smaller devices as they fit my hand better and my pockets. I don't know if I switch size preference then it becomes a battel between the S6 and the 6S, and between the 2, I would definitely get the S6.

It sucks I have to go big to get the best, but this is what consumers have done. I wish the new Lumia 950 was coming to Verizon and I wouldn't even be discussing this, but nope. icrosoft dropping the ball. *sigh*.

Honestly I would suggest a tablet imo. I would suggest an iPad Air 2 at least or a surface tablet. I tried to read books for class on my phone and it's a hassle

diamy_gemgem

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I am disabled and it more convenient for me to "go to school" via the mail and on-line. I have an actual kindle and I have the iPhone 6+. I have the Kindle app on my iPhone. I have never had any problems using/studying/ordering/downloading/reading etc. from Kindle to my iPhone. You can also borrow books from Kindle. If you have Amazon you can get to Kindle from that route.
I hope this helps you. So far (2 yrs.), it has for me.
Good luck! :))

staffman28

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
A895, I usually use my Note 10.1 tablet for my textbooks but checked it out on my iPhone 6 plus. It works just fine although very small. You can still take notes and make highlights. As well as have the dictionary and Wikipedia functions. It will work in a pinch but I personally wouldn't want to use it full time.
985b4012fe66a7a1b043201c17a5fdad.jpg
4b8b9ff2e6319293b2a37082baac2b5f.jpg

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have done it many times and I find it convenient when I leave my laptop.

It works but when you have to read a full novel in a few weeks no way am I going to read a whole book on my phone. Reading a book on the train for a half hour at a time sure but long term ? Way too small

WeTheNorthRTZ

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I dont use my phone for books but I do have a Note 5 and a 6S Plus..

If battery life is important to you, you cant charge your phone during the day, and youre using a Note 5 all day to look at textbooks and normal phone related activities Id recommend avoiding the Note 5!

I cant get a full days use out of it with heavy usage.

Its not badd but 9-5 with heavy usage is pretty much the most youd get out of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox