Does the space grey colour if scratched show another steel colour under it?
    Which shows scratches easily,the space grey or the silver?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-16-2015 04:50 AM
    Hi there, and welcome to iMore!

YES - the steel color would be under the anodization of the space grey. Both phones look great, it's a matter of personal preference. I always had the black variation and recently switched to the silver with the iPhone 6 and like it a lot. My 6s will be silver
    amr ashraf mostafa likes this.
    11-16-2015 05:50 AM
    Hi there, and welcome to iMore!

YES - the steel color would be under the anodization of the space grey. Both phones look great, it's a matter of personal preference. I always had the black variation and recently switched to the silver with the iPhone 6 and like it a lot. My 6s will be silver
    İ am just afraid that the space grey will show scratches easily than the silver colour.
    Many people telling me that the silver colour will be more resistant to scratches,isn't it ?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-16-2015 06:23 AM
    İ am just afraid that the space grey will show scratches easily than the silver colour.
    Many people telling me that the silver colour will be more resistant to scratches,isn't it ?
    Don't know about more resistant, but silver being scratched to show silver is less noticable than black being scratched to show silver
    11-16-2015 07:57 PM
    I love my space gray color. It's a nice gray thats not too dark. Of course its a personal preference!
    11-18-2015 03:00 PM
    Which shows scratches easily,the space grey or the silver?
    "Easily?" Neither...
    11-18-2015 03:08 PM
    Silver probably hides them easier, even the antenna lines are less noticeable, just a thought...
    02-04-2016 08:16 AM
    Silver hides the scratches a bit better because it's just the natural aluminum color whereas the space grey has some anodization. It isn't too dark, so they aren't too noticeable either way. It comes down the personal preference. The kicker for me and why I've chosen iPhones with a white faceplate for several generations now is that the black faceplate is a fingerprint magnet and white hides them a bit better, in my opinion.
    rayporsche likes this.
    02-04-2016 11:07 PM
    I would get a case if scratches mattered to me and they do and I did. I prefer the Space Grey but it, the Silver, and Gold are all nice in my book. I'm not sure which would hide blemishes better.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-06-2016 07:42 PM
    I haven't found any of the colors to scratch easily, if you put enough effort into it I am sure you can scratch them. I had White/Silver and now have Space/Grey Black what I would like to see is the black front get other color options for the back, the white is rather stark in contrast to the black front.
    02-07-2016 03:44 PM
    I haven't found any of the colors to scratch easily, if you put enough effort into it I am sure you can scratch them. I had White/Silver and now have Space/Grey Black what I would like to see is the black front get other color options for the back, the white is rather stark in contrast to the black front.
    The black front with the gold back would be especially nice.
    02-08-2016 12:49 AM
    The black front with the gold back would be especially nice.
    That would be awesome!

As far as scratching, I have the space grey variation and it looks the exact same as when I got it! Of course, it's been in a case with a screen protector for most of its life.
    02-08-2016 01:13 AM
    Well I have silver and few scratches on the aluminum. Thing is they appear as dark spots on the silver.
    02-08-2016 02:24 AM
    Well I have silver and few scratches on the aluminum. Thing is they appear as dark spots on the silver.
    Same here! Mostly from putting on (and taking off) my Olloclip lens kit. Bit more than spots but a case covers it up during day to day use.
    02-08-2016 06:14 AM
    I love my space gray, put an apple case on it and not worried about additional bulk or scratches
    02-08-2016 11:33 AM
    Silver is the way to go. Best to hide scratches and it looks the most professional (clean).
    02-10-2016 04:25 PM
    I regret my rose gold and wish i had space grey
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-12-2016 12:13 PM
    I regret my rose gold and wish i had space grey
    The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You could sell it? When choosing my secondary iPhone (Primary is a 128GB Space Grey 6S Plus) I went through 2 golds and a silver before setting on a Space Grey 128GB 6s. The Silver could have worked but I just like the Space Grey better.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    02-12-2016 12:14 PM
    When I bought my 6S Plus, the lady asked "which color would you like?". I replied "whichever one has the black face".... Apparently the only choice is Space Grey!

Just me, but I don't like the look of the white faced iPhones. It seems to excentuate, or exaggerate the bezel a little too much IMO.

I wish one: the black faced models had more body color options (black face with gold or rose gold would be interesting!)

And two: I'd like to have the shiny ring around the home button/Touch ID like the white faces have.
    02-13-2016 12:03 PM
    The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You could sell it? When choosing my secondary iPhone (Primary is a 128GB Space Grey 6S Plus) I went through 2 golds and a silver before setting on a Space Grey 128GB 6s. The Silver could have worked but I just like the Space Grey better.
    I was thinking about getting a space gray 6 or 7. But all my cases fit the rose gold iPhone and would look bad on space gray
    02-13-2016 03:17 PM
    I got space grey 6s plus. I love the darker grey as opposed to the brighter silver.
    I take good care of my devices so i dont feel the need for cases.
    03-17-2016 08:43 PM
    I would get a case if scratches mattered to me and they do and I did. I prefer the Space Grey but it, the Silver, and Gold are all nice in my book. I'm not sure which would hide blemishes better.
    Exactly this 🏾️. Good Luck with your decision. Hope it works out for you.
    03-17-2016 09:39 PM
    When I bought my 6S Plus, the lady asked "which color would you like?". I replied "whichever one has the black face".... Apparently the only choice is Space Grey!

Just me, but I don't like the look of the white faced iPhones. It seems to excentuate, or exaggerate the bezel a little too much IMO.

I wish one: the black faced models had more body color options (black face with gold or rose gold would be interesting!)

And two: I'd like to have the shiny ring around the home button/Touch ID like the white faces have.
    I got the Space Gray 6 Plus last year and 6s Plus this year because they DIDN'T have the shiny ring around the home button. Too blingy for my taste.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    03-18-2016 09:01 AM
    I got the Space Gray 6 Plus last year and 6s Plus this year because they DIDN'T have the shiny ring around the home button. Too blingy for my taste.
    Yeah, looking at my coworkers phones that have it, I'm glad I made the choice I did. Besides... Case covers it up anyway! lol
    03-27-2016 07:33 AM
    I've always had the black/space grey but with the 6 I switched to white/silver and prefer it. May go back at some point but I really like the white.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    03-27-2016 08:37 AM
30 12