space grey colour vs silver colour?

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Does the space grey colour if scratched show another steel colour under it?
Which shows scratches easily,the space grey or the silver?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, and welcome to iMore!

YES - the steel color would be under the anodization of the space grey. Both phones look great, it's a matter of personal preference. I always had the black variation and recently switched to the silver with the iPhone 6 and like it a lot. My 6s will be silver :)

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, and welcome to iMore!

YES - the steel color would be under the anodization of the space grey. Both phones look great, it's a matter of personal preference. I always had the black variation and recently switched to the silver with the iPhone 6 and like it a lot. My 6s will be silver :)

İ am just afraid that the space grey will show scratches easily than the silver colour.
Many people telling me that the silver colour will be more resistant to scratches,isn't it ?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
İ am just afraid that the space grey will show scratches easily than the silver colour.
Many people telling me that the silver colour will be more resistant to scratches,isn't it ?

Don't know about more resistant, but silver being scratched to show silver is less noticable than black being scratched to show silver :)

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Silver hides the scratches a bit better because it's just the natural aluminum color whereas the space grey has some anodization. It isn't too dark, so they aren't too noticeable either way. It comes down the personal preference. The kicker for me and why I've chosen iPhones with a white faceplate for several generations now is that the black faceplate is a fingerprint magnet and white hides them a bit better, in my opinion.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I would get a case if scratches mattered to me and they do and I did. I prefer the Space Grey but it, the Silver, and Gold are all nice in my book. I'm not sure which would hide blemishes better.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found any of the colors to scratch easily, if you put enough effort into it I am sure you can scratch them. I had White/Silver and now have Space/Grey Black what I would like to see is the black front get other color options for the back, the white is rather stark in contrast to the black front.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found any of the colors to scratch easily, if you put enough effort into it I am sure you can scratch them. I had White/Silver and now have Space/Grey Black what I would like to see is the black front get other color options for the back, the white is rather stark in contrast to the black front.

The black front with the gold back would be especially nice.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I regret my rose gold and wish i had space grey

The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You could sell it? When choosing my secondary iPhone (Primary is a 128GB Space Grey 6S Plus) I went through 2 golds and a silver before setting on a Space Grey 128GB 6s. The Silver could have worked but I just like the Space Grey better.

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
When I bought my 6S Plus, the lady asked "which color would you like?". I replied "whichever one has the black face".... Apparently the only choice is Space Grey! :)

Just me, but I don't like the look of the white faced iPhones. It seems to excentuate, or exaggerate the bezel a little too much IMO.

I wish one: the black faced models had more body color options (black face with gold or rose gold would be interesting!)

And two: I'd like to have the shiny ring around the home button/Touch ID like the white faces have.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You could sell it? When choosing my secondary iPhone (Primary is a 128GB Space Grey 6S Plus) I went through 2 golds and a silver before setting on a Space Grey 128GB 6s. The Silver could have worked but I just like the Space Grey better.

I was thinking about getting a space gray 6 or 7. But all my cases fit the rose gold iPhone and would look bad on space gray