Did you buy iPhone 6s Plus 16GB

mc511

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I got this last night and went with the 64gig. I currently have like 27gigs left of storage. The 16gig didnt fit my needs over a year ago when i got my ipad. Next ill get the 7s and go for a 128gig. Apple should have put out 32gig standard as apps, games, pictures and video are taking up larger sizes on the device.

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I did, was fine for a few months but regretting it alot at the moment, filmed a bit of skateboarding yesterday and after a hour I was out of space and I have hardly any apps and no games and two gigs of music, going to sell it and get a 64 gig iPhone soon. I really wish they wouldn't sell the 16gig anymore or only make it available to the enterprise sector.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
The 16GB requires to much memory management as soon as you want to keep some stuff on your device.

I had a 6 16GB and I handled it pretty well! (Thanks to Google Photos and unlimited music streaming on LTE).

Now I got a 64GB and I would never go back haha! I love having access to everything on the go instead of having to download a photo from Google, to my phone only to send it or post it then delete it again. Waste of time

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the 128 GB 6S Plus... had since launch. About 1/2 full. If I had a 64, it would be close to, if not full.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I did, was fine for a few months but regretting it alot at the moment, filmed a bit of skateboarding yesterday and after a hour I was out of space and I have hardly any apps and no games and two gigs of music, going to sell it and get a 64 gig iPhone soon. I really wish they wouldn't sell the 16gig anymore or only make it available to the enterprise sector.

Agreed. I have no clue why the base model is 16GB. Both flagship Android and Windows phones start at 32GB... They also have microSD slots. Just saying...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I have no clue why the base model is 16GB. Both flagship Android and Windows phones start at 32GB... They also have microSD slots. Just saying...

They sell it because people keep buying it, plain and simple. I couldn't live with 16 GB of storage but there are plenty of people that do . I don't miss SD card slots but I wouldn't hate one either, especially if iOS had adoptable storage.

Snoopy-Hessen

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
If I would use an iPhone as an very nice but also very luxury mobile phone (no use of web services nor using it as music player or camera)
then this version would be too expensive but okay.

But I want to use a nice and expensive cell phone like an iPhone for what is made.
Unfortunately Apple Design knows nothing about expandable memory or exchangeable batteries so I have bought the iPhone 6s Plus with the biggest battery inside and of course with 128GB internal storage.

So I don't need the iCloud.
For privacy reasons I prefer local backups with iTunes.

It's not cheap, but in the long run the best solution with no stress. :)

4mynikka

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have one, I stream all my media and don't keep my photos on my phone as I use google drive. With all my apps I have 7.5 gb free of the 11.5 that came with the phone.

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes. 6S Plus Gold 16GB.

I honestly hold very little media on my devices these days. I'm a streamer and it seems wherever I am there is a WiFi connection or 4G LTE. I use Spotify for music and Netflix and Hulu Plus for movies and TV shows. YouTube for videos.

I wish there was a 32GB option though. But I'm not paying for the 128GB option and don't even need 64GB.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No I got the 128GB. If the iPhone 7 comes with 256GB I'll get that. I'm already close to capacity with my 128GB. After I have my baby I'm sure I'll be taking tons of pictures so I'll need more space.

Dale Meddaugh

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
When I bought mine last Sunday I initially bought the 16GB. Am I glad I started reading these forms immediately after getting it. The very next day I took it back to Verizon and exchanged it for the 128GB. Sure happy that I did!

Snoopy-Hessen

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations for your right decision!

Whatever you will do with that great phone - hear music files with high quality or make much photos because of the real good camera - it's better to have the free decision to use or not to use the iCloud.

For best privacy and security I prefer iTunes.
With enough memory inside I sync it daily to have a backup if my  iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB Space Gray will have an issue sometime.

But for best data security I copy these saved sync data to a second external hard disk drive.

Snoopy from Germany

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I ended up picking up a larger capacity device, I was too afraid of running out of storage on the 16gig model. Shame on Apple for even offering it IMO.

dennisschmitzz

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I Switched to the 6S+ 64GB Space Gray because before I have had the iPhone 6S with 16GB and while I was 3 weeks in America for vacation I ran out of storage so the decision was easy for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox