What to do?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new and you guys seemed nice enough to talk to so I decided to join. Anywho, I got my phone yesterday and all it does is lag,lag,freeze,crash and lag. Touch ID has horrible lag and delay, usually 8-10 second delay, apps keep freeing all the time, the setting app had a 20 second delay launching. I've reset it three times, nothing. I don't know what to do anymore, half the time my keyboard (normal or 3rd party) freezes or glitches half way into the screen to the point I can't use it. I also removed the transparency and motion. That seemed to make it worse. Any tips or should I just return it?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Glad you decided to join us. Generally speaking, that's not how a newly activated iPhone should behave. A couple of things:

1. When you set up your phone, did you restore from an iCloud/iTunes backup or set it up as a new device? I always recommend setting it up new. It's a lot of work but provides the cleanest installation possible. You may want to run a restore through iTunes just to weed out a shoddy iOS installation. How to restore your iPhone or iPad with iTunes | iMore

2. Have you connected to wifi and given your phone time to restore your photos, videos and apps? This can be a time consuming process that, of course, will temporarily slow your phone down in addition to causing excess battery drain.

3. If you're still having issues after restoring and giving your iPhone some time to set up, take it back to the store and look into having exchanged for a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods