I tried the iPhone 6 plus for a week after being on android since 2008, and I really wanted to like it, unfortunately I had to take it back. I just couldn't get over how it was not able to do simple things that android can. The best example is zedge, an Android you just download a wallpaper then from that screen set it as your home screen. On the iPhone you have to download it then go to settings then set it. It seems to me that you take more steps on iPhone to get the same thing done that you can get done on Android in a fewer steps. Also an Android I like how I can change the settings of each app while I am in the app I don't have to go back to settings and find the app everytime I want to change a setting for it. I could go on and on but ultimately Android is the choice for me, at least I finally gave it a try.
    01-22-2016 06:43 AM
    The only real reason I stay with Apple is because the customer service and easy no hassle replacements, android (Samsung) in general is horrible with their customer service! I am still waiting on a call back from 2 years ago that they promised me. I can't imagine any other android device maker being any different

Not to mention the re sale value of iPhones, it's pretty much easy to upgrade to the newest model as soon as it comes out without paying much out of pocket.

But now it's only the customer service that's keeping me, I've had every single iPhone since the 3. 3GS, 4,4s,5,5c,5s,6,6+,6s and now the 6s plus, since iOS 7 I've been tired of having to wait 6 months plus to have a decent software experience same went with iOS 8 and now iOS 9.

With the removal (claimed) of the headphone jack I would imagine this will be my last iPhone I've spent too much money on corded headphones, and I would like to personally choose when I use wireless headphones and when I would like to drain my battery from using them. With almost 300,000 signatures on a petition for Apple to keep the headphone jack it seems they don't care and are going to go ahead and do it anyways IMHO that shows me Apple doesn't care about their customers they will do what they want when they want and we either like it or lump it.

It seems since cook took over its all about profits (which a company should be) but imo he takes it a little to far.

So if you are looking for me to change your mind this probably didn't, and I am in the same boat as you if the iPhone 7 comes without a 3.5mm jack
    01-22-2016 06:58 AM
    I tried the iPhone 6 plus for a week after being on android since 2008, and I really wanted to like it, unfortunately I had to take it back. I just couldn't get over how it was not able to do simple things that android can. The best example is zedge, an Android you just download a wallpaper then from that screen set it as your home screen. On the iPhone you have to download it then go to settings then set it. It seems to me that you take more steps on iPhone to get the same thing done that you can get done on Android in a fewer steps. Also an Android I like how I can change the settings of each app while I am in the app I don't have to go back to settings and find the app everytime I want to change a setting for it. I could go on and on but ultimately Android is the choice for me, at least I finally gave it a try.
    The difference is Apple's closed ecosystem compared to Google's open ecosystem. It can just as easily be argued that Apple's control over the OS and app behavior is why iPhones generally run smoother than Android devices. At the end of the day there are gives and takes on both sides and it's really up to the user to decide which ecosystem better serves his or her needs. I'm glad you figured it out!

With the removal (claimed) of the headphone jack I would imagine this will be my last iPhone I've spent too much money on corded headphones, and I would like to personally choose when I use wireless headphones and when I would like to drain my battery from using them. With almost 300,000 signatures on a petition for Apple to keep the headphone jack it seems they don't care and are going to go ahead and do it anyways IMHO that shows me Apple doesn't care about their customers they will do what they want when they want and we either like it or lump it.

It seems since cook took over its all about profits (which a company should be) but imo he takes it a little to far.

So if you are looking for me to change your mind this probably didn't, and I am in the same boat as you if the iPhone 7 comes without a 3.5mm jack
    1. This is all based off of an unsubstantiated rumor.
    2. IF the rumor proves to be true and there's no headphone jack I am very much willing to bet they will provide an easy solution, which will probably be some sort of adapter that comes with the iPhone 7.
    3. Apple does what it has to do to sell iPhones. They will keep doing what they have to do to sell iPhones. They will not risk alienating loyal customers and hurting sales by rendering their wired headsets useless.
    01-22-2016 07:30 AM
    The difference is Apple's closed ecosystem compared to Google's open ecosystem. It can just as easily be argued that Apple's control over the OS and app behavior is why iPhones generally run smoother than Android devices. At the end of the day there are gives and takes on both sides and it's really up to the user to decide which ecosystem better serves his or her needs. I'm glad you figured it out!

1. This is all based off of an unsubstantiated rumor.
    2. IF the rumor proves to be true and there's no headphone jack I am very much willing to bet they will provide an easy solution, which will probably be some sort of adapter that comes with the iPhone 7.
    3. Apple does what it has to do to sell iPhones. They will keep doing what they have to do to sell iPhones. They will not risk alienating loyal customers and hurting sales by rendering their wired headsets useless.
    Agreed there will be an adapter (for an extra cost) I will bet. Yes this is a rumor I agree! but so was 2GB ram coming in the 6s 6s+ models.

I cannot really see Apple shipping the adapter along with the headphones, charger, phone etc all in the same box as that would cost a lot extra, adding weight to all iPhone boxes.

It's just something extra to get bent or broke for an extra 20-40$ a pop (imo) and wouldn't the thinner the phone get the easier it will bend?
    01-22-2016 11:08 AM
79 ... 234