which case is more protective for iphone 6s+,otterbox defender or supcase uncorn beetle pro?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I don't have any experience with the Supcase but I have owned Otterbox cases in the past. What I can tell you about Otterbox is that they make very protective cases and they stand behind their products. I had a Commuter and, after over a year of use, the rubber cap on the charging port started to wear down and wouldn't stay put. I called Otterbox and had a brand new case delivered to my doorstep within a few days. They never asked for the old case back so I didn't have to go through the whole process of shipping anything back to them.

If you're looking for protection, I don't think you can go wrong with the Defender. I have a hard time thinking of any situation where you would need even more protection.

Lifeproof gets an honorable mention :)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have users (I'm an IT director) who get the Otter Box and don't know the other brand. Some of my MTB riding and trail building associates get the bit tough style cases.

I'm not as sold on the super protective cases are as their marketers are for pushing them. This applies to other phones but over time I still see broken screens and drowned phones. With iPhone 5 and 6 generations I started getting suggesting quite basic Belkin Grip and Incipio NGP with screen protectors and they seem as good as anything if you're not having the phone swim in a toilet.

This is not a scientific experiment, but with delivery drivers, kitchen managers, trail builders and action sports associates I probably see more rough use than many. When fat $40+ cases still get wrecked phones like slimmer $15+ cases it makes it hard for me to want the big ones. Finally, there's use. The phones are easier to use with the two models I mentioned. You can actually get a "Plus" phone in a pocket if you're not making it so big.

Sure, there are falls and hits where super protection cases make sense, but I'm sticking with suggesting cases like the NGP and basic screen protector.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the NGP was the best case I had for my 6 Plus and have ordered one for my 6S Plus. Slim and protective and giving a good grip

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the NGP was the best case I had for my 6 Plus and have ordered one for my 6S Plus. Slim and protective and giving a good grip

The Octane looks nice but I tried one in store and the sides had a relatively loose fit so it may not be as good for same dirty work scenario I used NGP with the iPhone 6. The protection is likely same but I think it is one where you'll have to be mindful of dirt getting in that can scratch the metal.

I'm still on the fence with a more protective case because my trail building season isn't happening now but I'm just as strong on how a lot of cases are overkill and not liking them too fat. Just this past week I had staff show me their broken screens with the totally fat back cases. It just might be another NGP for me when you consider the good fit price and the all important corner protection and lip over top.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
You may find this of interest. 50' is definitely not the norm but the results are surprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmH...y3sGdeW98&annotation_id=annotation_4194047273

My choice would be UAG if putting the phone in a pocket and Speck Grip if not. The Commuter seems to protect well but I don't like how it fits. The Symmetry isn't tested here but I would be willing to bet it would fare OK at least.

Lifeproof is hardy if you don't mind muffled sound! And it's a BEAR to put on and remove.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73