I am actually really loving the Nexus 6p. I find android to offer me more, such as google now and how it tells me time home, puts emails for appointment right into my calendar, saves where i parked, etc. The app gap isn't an issue to me whatsoever and I found some apps to actually be more feature rich somehow? For example, theChive had way more posts on the android version with them nowhere to be found on iOS. As far the camera went I found it to be on par if not better in some situations. They each took better pics in different environments. Video was definitely not as bad as you say as I have an iPhone 6s (not plus so I know the OIS makes a difference). The display is fantastic and has front facing speakers and still manages to be the same size as the iPhone 6s plus. With apples design chops how in the hell have they not figured out smaller bezels? I absolutely love the finger print sensor and find it quicker and more convenient to how i actually pick up my phone. Yes on a desk it is not accessible, but google being awesome you can set up secure locations where it can be bypassed, such as the office.

The only reason I may not keep it is because apples stupid "locking in" and close mindedness. I cannot as easily share photos, reminders, and calendar events with my wife using her iphone. I do like having the ability to very easily share calendar events and photo albums with her and my family. Oh and facetime. My grandparents can barely figure that out I can't imagine the nightmare having them have to sign up for skype or something else...

Other than that I would say its the best android yet and I just came from using the note 5 on the trial. I like this better as I get the latest and greatest updates, security, and heres the best part this phone at 64 gb is 300 less than the iphone 6s+ and the only thing we can knock is videos aren't "quite as good". Thats ridiculous that apple gets that premium for having 3d touch and OIS...
    sangs, Wildo6882 and Rigelian like this.
    11-09-2015 11:42 AM
    I am actually really loving the Nexus 6p. I find android to offer me more, such as google now and how it tells me time home, puts emails for appointment right into my calendar, saves where i parked, etc. The app gap isn't an issue to me whatsoever and I found some apps to actually be more feature rich somehow? For example, theChive had way more posts on the android version with them nowhere to be found on iOS. As far the camera went I found it to be on par if not better in some situations. They each took better pics in different environments. Video was definitely not as bad as you say as I have an iPhone 6s (not plus so I know the OIS makes a difference). The display is fantastic and has front facing speakers and still manages to be the same size as the iPhone 6s plus. With apples design chops how in the hell have they not figured out smaller bezels? I absolutely love the finger print sensor and find it quicker and more convenient to how i actually pick up my phone. Yes on a desk it is not accessible, but google being awesome you can set up secure locations where it can be bypassed, such as the office.

The only reason I may not keep it is because apples stupid "locking in" and close mindedness. I cannot as easily share photos, reminders, and calendar events with my wife using her iphone. I do like having the ability to very easily share calendar events and photo albums with her and my family. Oh and facetime. My grandparents can barely figure that out I can't imagine the nightmare having them have to sign up for skype or something else...

Other than that I would say its the best android yet and I just came from using the note 5 on the trial. I like this better as I get the latest and greatest updates, security, and heres the best part this phone at 64 gb is 300 less than the iphone 6s+ and the only thing we can knock is videos aren't "quite as good". Thats ridiculous that apple gets that premium for having 3d touch and OIS...
    I've been using my old iPhone 5s and iPad for those functions (photos, FaceTime) since purchasing the 6P. For the photos, just have Google Photos backup automatically from the 6P; download the ones you want to the iPad (or an old iPhone) and share them in Apple Photos that way. Yes, it's another step, but it works flawlessly. And I happen to agree about the Android experience. It's a lot more fun.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    11-09-2015 12:46 PM
    Yea its just if my wife has her photos on her shared album I won't see them on the 6p itself. However I have been doing the google photos backup and it works great. I love it way more than iOS photos. Especially the assistant, it has made some seriously cool videos, frames and effects to some of the photos in the library that I would never have thought about doing. I guess with facebook and stuff we can always just upload an album there and its not a big deal for her to download skype or something to replace facetime. To me may be worth the incovenience for how great the 6P is.
    sangs and Rigelian like this.
    11-09-2015 01:38 PM
    Just have her install Google Photos. You'll both be able to view each others photos with the best part being she doesn't have to do anything fancy outside of downloading the app and setting up user name and pass. It won't have any affect on the Apple photos app.

For video chat I just use Hangouts as it eliminates the need for another app and it comes preinstalled on all Android devices, not to mention I use the multi-person video chat quite a bit. If you guys use Facebook, why not just video chat there?
    11-10-2015 12:55 AM
    Very true and taken note of. Love the suggestions everyone!
    11-10-2015 07:29 AM
    Even if the video quality turned out to be acceptable, the deal breaker for me would've been when I tried to send it to someone. No iMessage = no deal, for me. I can't deal with the limitations of regular SMS/MMS texting and trying to get people to use 3rd party messaging apps.
    This x100
    11-10-2015 10:36 AM
    If or when apple decides to finally port over iMessage service to android is when I will switch to an android device. Nothing beats it. It might even take them porting over facetime as well. (which was supposed to be open source from the get go anyway)
    11-10-2015 11:27 PM
    The reality is there are many really nice phones on the market these days, I think the iPhone is actually one of the uglier top tier phones out there. Android is really finding its way, though the difficulty curve is still too great to manage comfortably. Im really starting to fall out of liking with my Apple products as my enthusiasm has been waining after a series of lackluster launches & never ending quirks with everything. What Microsoft is doing now and in the not so distant future is exactly where the market focus is going. Since I am an AAPL stockholder it has been worrisome me for some time now that the direction the company is going is not where I envisioned it to go.
    11-11-2015 01:43 AM
    The reality is there are many really nice phones on the market these days, I think the iPhone is actually one of the uglier top tier phones out there. Android is really finding its way, though the difficulty curve is still too great to manage comfortably. Im really starting to fall out of liking with my Apple products as my enthusiasm has been waining after a series of lackluster launches & never ending quirks with everything. What Microsoft is doing now and in the not so distant future is exactly where the market focus is going. Since I am an AAPL stockholder it has been worrisome me for some time now that the direction the company is going is not where I envisioned it to go.
    I still think the iPhone is a sleek beauty, though I find the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to be the best looking phone on the market right now.
    11-11-2015 07:33 AM
    So true. Got my 6s plus finally and battery life is great. Came from Note 3 which had good battery too but no match for iPhone 6s Plus. Stand by life is awesome.
    11-11-2015 11:04 PM
    The "Doze" feature on the new Android OS Marshmallow is a welcome addition, but still doesn't put it on par with the 6S+ for standby time. Have compared them every night for a week. The 6S+ always wakes in the morning with 100 percent battery while the 6P is usually between 95 to 92 percent. That's a great improvement from previous Android battery performance in standby, but again, doesn't match iOS.
    Dukins and newsman787 like this.
    11-12-2015 07:25 AM
    Over the past month or so, I've debated getting a 6P. I was an Android user up until last year with the 6 (but I do Apple Mac/iOS support for a living). I ended up getting a 6S Plus this year, but because of some issues with my iPhone, it's pushed me to give the 6P a shot. I've ordered a 64GB Aluminum version of the 6P. If I end up picking it over the 6S Plus, it'll be $300 back on my CC. That's a win. I also use pretty much all Google Services. I've always been a fan of Apple hardware and Google services, and fortunately, the iPhone lets me have both. But I think I'd also do pretty well on an all Google setup (well, Google via Huawei). Looking forward to checking this thing out.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-12-2015 01:44 PM
    Over the past month or so, I've debated getting a 6P. I was an Android user up until last year with the 6 (but I do Apple Mac/iOS support for a living). I ended up getting a 6S Plus this year, but because of some issues with my iPhone, it's pushed me to give the 6P a shot. I've ordered a 64GB Aluminum version of the 6P. If I end up picking it over the 6S Plus, it'll be $300 back on my CC. That's a win. I also use pretty much all Google Services. I've always been a fan of Apple hardware and Google services, and fortunately, the iPhone lets me have both. But I think I'd also do pretty well on an all Google setup (well, Google via Huawei). Looking forward to checking this thing out.
    You're going to love it! I've been using a 32GB 6p since Friday and it's the best Android phone to date. Marshmallow is awesome, standby time is way improved but the only drawbacks for me and it's mostly software related is the lack of fingerprint support in apps and I know Android pay just launched but there's no support in app for that either and I use Pay a lot in my starbucks app and at stores. There's also 9 of my apps that use TouchID to secure my apps. Perhaps next year I may switch to Android.
    11-12-2015 03:43 PM
    You're going to love it! I've been using a 32GB 6p since Friday and it's the best Android phone to date. Marshmallow is awesome, standby time is way improved but the only drawbacks for me and it's mostly software related is the lack of fingerprint support in apps and I know Android pay just launched but there's no support in app for that either and I use Pay a lot in my starbucks app and at stores. There's also 9 of my apps that use TouchID to secure my apps. Perhaps next year I may switch to Android.
    I think I've got my iPhone squared away and it's acting properly, but curiosity is sort of not gong to leave me be until I get my hands on the 6P. At that point, I'll have both the 6P and 6S+ in front of me, and only then can I make a secure decision between them.
    11-12-2015 05:47 PM
    I think I've got my iPhone squared away and it's acting properly, but curiosity is sort of not gong to leave me be until I get my hands on the 6P. At that point, I'll have both the 6P and 6S+ in front of me, and only then can I make a secure decision between them.
    I've got both in front of me and it's a tough decision. They're equal in build quality. The only things that honestly separate the two are: 1) ecosystem (obviously) - I'm more invested in Android so it appeals a little more to me; 2) screen - Nexus is better in my opinion; 3) battery life goes to the 6s Plus, but Nexus standby is great; 4) camera is better in lowlight on the Nexus, but video is much better on the 6s Plus - every other kind of picture seems neck and neck; and 5) I like that the Nexus is much cheaper off contract (128gb Nexus with Nexus Protect is less than a 16gb 6s Plus).

I know none of this really helps you, but these are my observations. Seems like Android finally has a legit iPhone competitor.
    Last edited by Wildo6882; 11-12-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-12-2015 09:51 PM
    I've got both in front of me and it's a tough decision. They're equal in build quality. The only things that honestly separate the two are: 1) ecosystem (obviously) - I'm more invested in Android so it appeals a little more to me; 2) screen - Nexus is better in my opinion; 3) battery life goes to the 6s Plus, but Nexus standby is great; 4) camera is better in lowlight on the Nexus, but video is much better on the 6s Plus - every other kind of picture seems neck and neck; and 5) I like that the Nexus is much cheaper off contract (128gb Nexus with Nexus Protect is less than a 16gb 6s Plus).

I know none of this really helps you, but these are my observations. Seems like Android finally has a legit iPhone competitor.
    I'd say that info is actually pretty helpful to me.

6S+ battery life to me is a luxury in a way. I was fine with the battery life on last years iPhone 6. The 6S+ battery life is fun, but I honestly abuse it just because I can. I'm perfectly capable of charging it in the car or during the day if I need to, but I like to see how hard I can push it.

Camera is definitely a legit concern of mine, and one of the reasons I moved to the iPhone in the first place. It's nice to know there's a legitimate alternative now. Low light was something that always plagued me so I'm happy to hear the 6P does well in this area. Video is less critical I suppose. As long as it looks good, then I'm happy. I've seen samples of the 240fps slowmo on the 6P and it looks just about as good as the iPhone.

Ecosystem, I used to have Android so I still have a lot of purchased apps waiting for me in the Play Store if I go back. I could go either way. I've enjoyed the last year with an iPhone, but I think I could be easily as happy on a Nexus. I use all of Google's services at work and personally, Google Keep, Maps, Drive/Docs, Gmail, Now, Calendar.

Price is of course a huge factor. A 6S+ return would gain me back a little over $300. I buy my phones outright every year or every other year depending on my needs/wants and what kind of advances there have been. Buying iPhones outright is honestly pretty painful. I look at the $902 on my CC statement and I wonder if I'm smoking something. Lol. Buying Nexus each year or every other year is way more sustainable.
    Wildo6882 and Lefty724 like this.
    11-12-2015 10:43 PM
    I'd say that info is actually pretty helpful to me.

6S+ battery life to me is a luxury in a way. I was fine with the battery life on last years iPhone 6. The 6S+ battery life is fun, but I honestly abuse it just because I can. I'm perfectly capable of charging it in the car or during the day if I need to, but I like to see how hard I can push it.

Camera is definitely a legit concern of mine, and one of the reasons I moved to the iPhone in the first place. It's nice to know there's a legitimate alternative now. Low light was something that always plagued me so I'm happy to hear the 6P does well in this area. Video is less critical I suppose. As long as it looks good, then I'm happy. I've seen samples of the 240fps slowmo on the 6P and it looks just about as good as the iPhone.

Ecosystem, I used to have Android so I still have a lot of purchased apps waiting for me in the Play Store if I go back. I could go either way. I've enjoyed the last year with an iPhone, but I think I could be easily as happy on a Nexus. I use all of Google's services at work and personally, Google Keep, Maps, Drive/Docs, Gmail, Now, Calendar.

Price is of course a huge factor. A 6S+ return would gain me back a little over $300. I buy my phones outright every year or every other year depending on my needs/wants and what kind of advances there have been. Buying iPhones outright is honestly pretty painful. I look at the $902 on my CC statement and I wonder if I'm smoking something. Lol. Buying Nexus each year or every other year is way more sustainable.
    That's kind of how I am - I use all Google services at home and at work. So Android is awesome for that. And I also buy most of my stuff full price and saving $300 on the 6P makes me feel a little better about my purchase. It really is a tough decision though, between the two phones. But it's awesome to have this much parity right now.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-12-2015 11:14 PM
    But it's awesome to have this much parity right now.
    That's the best thing, quite frankly. I'm not one of those users that hates the other guys (either way) and having such quality phone choices is fantastic.
    11-13-2015 07:23 AM
    That's the best thing, quite frankly. I'm not one of those users that hates the other guys (either way) and having such quality phone choices is fantastic.
    I'm not, either. I love Android and iOS. I want them both to push each other. The 6P is the first phone that I honestly think is right there with an iPhone.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-13-2015 07:27 AM
    It's the Placebo effect. Happens all the time and it's why they use placebos in drug studies.

If you tell people something is amazing it will often seem amazing even when the effect is negligible. People take sugar pills and claim their back pain went from a 7 to a 3, etc.

You aren't immune to it. None of us are. But go on YouTube and you can see the video from the 6P is great.

iPhones actually aren't that great for video. The cropping is severe and the picture is slightly up scaled to compensate. The Sound is Mono. The sharpness and color reproduction in video trails a lot of high end Android phones.

Apples digital stabilization algorithms are great. Look at iPhone 6(s) 4.7" video. It's very stable without OIS.

People are seeing a difference in the quality of the DIS algorithms more than they are seeing the effect of OIS.
    Uh, that's not what the placebo effect is but ok. I agree with the OP. Video recording is not as smooth as the iPhone 6S Plus. I have tried to use the 6P and it's a great phone, but the video shakiness held me back. Also the lack of video editing apps on Android is a downer too. Nothing like iMovie and even the majority of other quality video editing apps are much better on iOS. Things like iMessage and smoothness of the Twitter/Facebook apps are the things that have me staying with the iPhone.
    sangs likes this.
    11-13-2015 07:48 AM
    I'm not, either. I love Android and iOS. I want them both to push each other. The 6P is the first phone that I honestly think is right there with an iPhone.
    It's definitely gonna be an interesting fight for me. The 6S Plus is really settling in with me as feeling "just right". There's not much I feel I'm lacking or missing, other than Google Now.

Honestly, bugs and other stuff were the main thing that drove me to order the Nexus. This is my third 6S Plus because of various hardware issues. And yesterday YouTube and Netflix kept crashing instantly. Then suddenly cleared up 30 minutes later. Lol.

I think gone are the days when iPhones were rock solid smooth butter machines. Maybe it's Nexus' turn?
    11-13-2015 07:59 AM
    It's definitely gonna be an interesting fight for me. The 6S Plus is really settling in with me as feeling "just right". There's not much I feel I'm lacking or missing, other than Google Now.

Honestly, bugs and other stuff were the main thing that drove me to order the Nexus. This is my third 6S Plus because of various hardware issues. And yesterday YouTube and Netflix kept crashing instantly. Then suddenly cleared up 30 minutes later. Lol.

I think gone are the days when iPhones were rock solid smooth butter machines. Maybe it's Nexus' turn?
    Yeah, I've experienced some niggling issues with my last few iPhones. Nothing just earth shattering, but they aren't flawless either. I actually think I'm going to use the Nexus for a couple of weeks and return my iPhone. Give the Nexus a good run and if I'm still not happy, I'll order another iPhone. That's the only way I'll know if I actually want to stay Nexus or not. Can't have that iPhone tempting me...
    11-13-2015 08:19 AM
    Uh, that's not what the placebo effect is but ok. I agree with the OP. Video recording is not as smooth as the iPhone 6S Plus. I have tried to use the 6P and it's a great phone, but the video shakiness held me back. Also the lack of video editing apps on Android is a downer too. Nothing like iMovie and even the majority of other quality video editing apps are much better on iOS. Things like iMessage and smoothness of the Twitter/Facebook apps are the things that have me staying with the iPhone.
    The video quality is the only major gripe when comparing the camera of the two. The 6s Plus definitely has much smoother video quality. Other than that, I don't see anything in the iPhone camera that blows the 6P out of the water.
    11-13-2015 09:37 AM
    The video quality is the only major gripe when comparing the camera of the two. The 6s Plus definitely has much smoother video quality. Other than that, I don't see anything in the iPhone camera that blows the 6P out of the water.
    I agree. Photos might even be better on the 6P
    11-13-2015 09:39 AM
    i agree, i don't have the Nexus 6P but i've seen some specs and video examples. so in theory it has a better camera but in the practice it doesn't. finally i don't think this smartphone can do this:

11-13-2015 10:10 AM
79 1234