Last night my device turned itself off. It was on the charger as I always put it on to charge overnight. I got up a few hours later and discovered my phone had turned itself off. Anyone have any idea why? I've never in my life had my phone turn off on me. Thank god I got up when I did...my alarm wouldn't have gone off.. But I don't know if this is going to be a recurring issue. Anyone else have thoughts? Experiences?
    11-07-2015 12:11 PM
    I have had this happen once before years ago on a iPhone 4, it happened once and never happened again. I know how nerve racking it can be not to be able to trust your alarm. To this day I set my iPad as my backup alarm just in case. Not that I have had the need for it, just habit at this point. You could always take your device to the apple store, they have a diagnostic tool that will be able to detect if there are any hardware issues that may have caused your device to shut down. (You didn't by chance have your phone sitting next to a heater or heater vent?)
    11-07-2015 12:40 PM
    No heater.. If anything my room was on the cold side. My phone feels faster after this happened. I have a company phone I could use for a backup alarm. But yeah on the phone with Apple now (on hold). I turned it back on and the battery was at 92%. It was super strange!
    11-07-2015 12:44 PM
    Nope. I don't ever recall anything like that happening personally, but someone in another thread complained that her device kept rebooting last night. I wonder if a carrier update or something caused these issues.
    11-07-2015 12:44 PM
    This issue has cropped up on Apple support forums and 9-5 Mac wrote about it. I hope you find this more helpful then the passive aggressive "no problem here my phone is perfect guess I was lucky and got a perfect one" posts someone in numerous other help request threads seems fond of because you know... anyone who has a defect shouldn't get help. I guess James needs another heads-up
    Brooke5795 likes this.
    11-07-2015 05:32 PM
    This issue has cropped up on Apple support forums and 9-5 Mac wrote about it. I hope you find this more helpful then the passive aggressive "no problem here my phone is perfect guess I was lucky and got a perfect one" posts someone in numerous other help request threads seems fond of because you know... anyone who has a defect shouldn't get help. I guess James needs another heads-up
    I called apple and they told me they had people call in about this. So it's probably software. Sucks because this is my alarm clock! At least I have a company phone-- I am sure it has an alarm I can use as backup..
    11-07-2015 06:55 PM
    I have yet to experience this issue. But I will be more cognizant as this issue is investigated. I'm on AT&T.
    11-07-2015 07:06 PM
    I have had this happen my 6S Plus several times in the past month. Did a full restore in iTunes three times over the course of last 2 weeks (did not restore from a back up), but did not resolve the issue for me. Spoke with one of my go-to reps at my local Apple store who confirmed that this issue exists with some of the 6S and 6S Plus phones and that store has had a fair number of customers complaining of this, however he did mention it seems to be owners of the 6S and 6S Plus, not any other model, that have been experiencing this.

Not everyone is having this issue, just to clarify. IMO, I am sure that the high majority of users are not having this issue. If it is software related, I am confident that Apple is checking into this.
    Brooke5795 likes this.
    11-08-2015 08:09 PM
    It's only happened to me that one time. Hasn't happened since! I still set a back up alarm though
    11-12-2015 01:34 AM
    @OP Did you get the issue resolved? Please update us if you're able.
    11-12-2015 11:18 AM
    @OP Did you get the issue resolved? Please update us if you're able.
    It's only happened that one time. Apple ran an over the phone diagnostic and found nothing. Keeping an eye on it but so far nothing else has happened!
    11-12-2015 03:20 PM
    It's only happened that one time. Apple ran an over the phone diagnostic and found nothing. Keeping an eye on it but so far nothing else has happened!
    OK good to know. I was thinking along the lines of a power surge where you plug it in. Any storms or power outages around that time?
    11-12-2015 07:27 PM
    Hasn't happened to me but I know a couple if people this has happened multiple times to. Apple swapped their phones and they have been good since.
    11-12-2015 09:19 PM
    Hasn't happened to me but I know a couple if people this has happened multiple times to. Apple swapped their phones and they have been good since.
    I'll keep that in mind if mine acts up. I only had it happen the one time. Been fine ever since. But I have a case number from Apple should it glitch on me again

Were they given refurbished or new phones when it happened?
    11-13-2015 09:02 PM
    Had this issue! Shhh thankfully hasn't happened in over a week.
    11-13-2015 09:14 PM
    As I don't hava analog clock with alarm, I have backup and as primary alarm setup for internet radio device. It is nice to wake with fav radio. I don't fully trust phone.
    11-20-2015 09:06 PM