First Week with 6S+ Impressions

Nikumba

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So had my new 6S+ for about a week now, switched from Nokia 925, I know this is the 6s+ thread, so apolgise now for any references to IOS niggles.

I switched for something new not because of any failings I had with Windows Phone OS or the phone itself.

The size change not really noticed it in day to day use, I like how Apple implemented the double tap on the home button to drop the screen down half way, a nice feature.

TouchID really liking this, though would like a way to integrate it into passwords on sites, so can log into webmail, bank etc with TouchID, maybe it can do this and I have not seen the option.

Camera is pretty good, used it a few times, call quality can not fault it.

Few niggles I have noticed, seems when it swaps from 4G to 3G it sometimes needs to be set to Airplane and back out to get the 3G sending traffic again.

I do miss the ability to have Ringtones & Notifications set to a different volume to applications that you have in Windows Phone.

Not used Siri much but then never used Cortana much so can not really say who is better in that regard.

Need to ask over in the iOS forums, I have several contacts all linked together and can see the linked contacts on my old phone, Outlook.com etc but on the iPhone it seems to not show them as linked contacts, so not sure if its an iOS issue or something else.

Cheers for reading

Kimbie

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I've had my 6s Plus for exactly a month today, and not much to say about it but, It's just the BEST smartphone device I've ever owened....PERIOD.

dkeven

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Previous android user, new to iphone for a few weeks, 6s plus as I like large screens. Trying hard to like the ios device, have ipad, retina screen 27 imac (2nd imac) so like apple products. Integration with ipad and mac is fine, of course had to turn auto synch off so it doesnt delete all my non itunes ringtones videos and tunes. Screen is ok but side by side with my old nexus 6 to me nexus is better. For the price at this point nexus is better value to me, apps more plentiful in android and certainly cheaper, not willing to invest a lot on apps with ios as I may not be on it for a year. should have tried the 6p nexus I suspect but the screen size drop from the nex 6 turned me off. Will keep plugging away for a while but to me IOS is MEH

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Need to ask over in the iOS forums, I have several contacts all linked together and can see the linked contacts on my old phone, Outlook.com etc but on the iPhone it seems to not show them as linked contacts, so not sure if its an iOS issue or something else.

Cheers for reading

Kimbie

Go into the Contacts app and tap on a contact and "Edit". Scroll to the very bottom and you'll see an option to link contacts together.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I just got a 6S Plus yesterday. I tried the 6 Plus last year and couldn't get on with the size. I exchanged it for a 6. This year, though I still like the size of my 6, I've been getting the new phone itch. I stopped into an Apple Store just for kicks to try the 6S Plus. After a few minutes I was convinced I wanted to give it a shot again. The increased weight made it stay in my hand a lot better than my 6 or last year's Plus.

I'm still on the fence, but at this very moment, I'm liking the Plus a lot. I sure can type a lot quicker and more accurate on this keyboard.

Enjoy your S Plus!

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Got mine Sunday. Went to get a Space Gray 64gb. Walked out with a 128 Rose Gold. My eyes are loving the increased resolution. It's still a bit heavy to me. I moved up from the 6. Loving the videos on this model. Simple case. Walked out with new phone, case and Bluetooth headset. Love the 3D touch. My carrier never seem to have the 64 gb models. I always end up with 128gb. Definitely not pocket friendly. I do miss that coming from the 6. But all else is purely golden. I hope that I can adjust to the weight. Battery life is great. Off the charger at 6:09 am and with heavy use I am at 82% as of 5:45 pm. And I have been on it excessively all day. I think she is a keeper and her name is Maria. Enjoying myself immensely. I think that I made a good decision. 12 days left to seal the deal. So far so good.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, mine doesn't really seem any different from the 6 Plus, to be frank. Only thing I do notice is the heavier weight, which is most welcome. I thought the older models were too light for my tastes, personally. This one feels so much more secure when held. It's not a ton of weight, but it's very noticeable to me.

TouchID seems faster and more accurate. I don't think I've ever had a failure to read a print yet and I have five prints registered and am pretty sure I've used all five several times at one time or another.

Other than that, I don't notice any difference. Even performance seems identical.

DanMmy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
before i changed my phone to iphone 5s, i was using galaxy s3.
i liked both phones and when i decided to upgrade my phone to the lasted smartphone form iphone 5s, i didn't even hesitate to choose iphone 6.
Well.... i don't dislike samsung's phones, but personally, i think iphone is easier to manipulate lol
samsung is some what too complicated, but nice device.
i love both actually! now, i forgot what i wanted to say. guess it's time for me to sleep

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm just gonna jump in here instead of a new thread. I pre-ordered the Nexus 6P Sept 29th and got sick of waiting and seeing the delays so I canceled it and ponied up and purchased a 128GB 6S+. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Never owned an Apple phone; been all Android (plus a couple BB in my early years).

My wife is an avid Apple fan but I just never had an ambition to try one. Now I am and I'm looking forward to it & am kind of glad Google had the delays (in a good way for me) and let me re-evaluate my next phone purchase. I'm always harped on Apple for their price and "charging more to reinvent the wheel" but they make nice ****. Anyways, been poking around for a few days here and will probably hang around for a bit as I get real bored at work and will need to research some answers!
Edit: Nice how Androidcentral and here use the same login so I don't have to re-register.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm just gonna jump in here instead of a new thread. I pre-ordered the Nexus 6P Sept 29th and got sick of waiting and seeing the delays so I canceled it and ponied up and purchased a 128GB 6S+. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Never owned an Apple phone; been all Android (plus a couple BB in my early years).

My wife is an avid Apple fan but I just never had an ambition to try one. Now I am and I'm looking forward to it & am kind of glad Google had the delays (in a good way for me) and let me re-evaluate my next phone purchase. I'm always harped on Apple for their price and "charging more to reinvent the wheel" but they make nice ****. Anyways, been poking around for a few days here and will probably hang around for a bit as I get real bored at work and will need to research some answers!
Edit: Nice how Androidcentral and here use the same login so I don't have to re-register.

Welcome to iMore! AndroidCentral and iMore are both part of the Mobile Nations network, so yes, using the same login works across all the MN sites.

Let us know what you think of your new phone!

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

I too was debating buying a 6P. I actually placed two orders and canceled both when I was changing my mind. I come from Android originally, but have been on an iPhone 6 the last year.

Last year the 6 Plus was too big for me but I decided this was the year to give big a chance. I'm on day 2.5 with my 6S Plus and I really do like it. Just trying to get out of the mindset that 100% one-handed use is the be all end all method of interacting with a smartphone.

You'll love the 6S Plus. It feels so substantial and well built in the hand. It's real fun to use.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I've been mostly an Android guy for a few years. I have a 6P on order but I'm about to cancel. It's been pending since the 29th of September and still no word. I'm kind of like you, this has given me reason to reevaluate my phone situation. So I ordered a 6s Plus 128gb and just got it today. I haven't fired it up just because I haven't been home. I'm looking forward to jumping back into iOS and just knowing that I have a rock solid device with little compromise or worry.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Got mine Sunday. Went to get a Space Gray 64gb. Walked out with a 128 Rose Gold. My eyes are loving the increased resolution. It's still a bit heavy to me. I moved up from the 6. Loving the videos on this model. Simple case. Walked out with new phone, case and Bluetooth headset. Love the 3D touch. My carrier never seem to have the 64 gb models. I always end up with 128gb. Definitely not pocket friendly. I do miss that coming from the 6. But all else is purely golden. I hope that I can adjust to the weight. Battery life is great. Off the charger at 6:09 am and with heavy use I am at 82% as of 5:45 pm. And I have been on it excessively all day. I think she is a keeper and her name is Maria. Enjoying myself immensely. I think that I made a good decision. 12 days left to seal the deal. So far so good.

I've got the RG iPhone 6s+ 128gb too! Amazing battery life️. I can't seem to drain it to 0%!
Oh yeah and enjoy Maria

Last edited:

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I've been mostly an Android guy for a few years. I have a 6P on order but I'm about to cancel. It's been pending since the 29th of September and still no word. I'm kind of like you, this has given me reason to reevaluate my phone situation. So I ordered a 6s Plus 128gb and just got it today. I haven't fired it up just because I haven't been home. I'm looking forward to jumping back into iOS and just knowing that I have a rock solid device with little compromise or worry.

There are going to be growing pains, that's for sure but I'll figure it out. I know people on AC are livid about the delays, it's kind of crazy but while it was mildly annoying, it was actually a good thing for me. Mine will be here today, unfortunately I work later than usual so hopefully it shows up before the wife leaves and can drop it off at work so I have something to do. I love getting paid to tinker and post on the interwebs.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Now I wanna give my phone a name!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR