So during my third charge of the iphone 6s plus I've noticed something weird. I started charging at 4% left and got back to my phone ten minutes later... it was still at 4% but after a few moments when I looked a second time it had jumped to 21%... I locked my phone again, got back to it a few minutes later and it suddenly says 13%... Since then one more jump from 13 to 16% and then back to 14%. After that it has been charging normally.

I've been googling this problem and have mainly gotten results about people's battery life decreasing by 2 or 3 percent at a time on ios 8 or about the battery being stuck at certain percentages during use... nothing about the above I described. Incidentally I also can go with about 20 minutes of SOT or more before my phone will go down from 100% to 99%, although I'm not sure if this is related with the charging problem..

Anyone having the same problems or know whether this is a software or hardware problem?
    10-27-2015 12:58 PM
    . Incidentally I also can go with about 20 minutes of SOT or more before my phone will go down from 100% to 99%, although I'm not sure if this is related with the charging problem..
    That's normal. All iPhones do this.

I noticed the other day too that mine behaved a little weird while charging. I always dry the battery completely at least once every three months or so. I noticed it was at 4% charge dor a long time then all of a sudden at 13%. However I did not monitor it further and I have had no battery issues while in use. I'm sure it's just some software hickup nothing to worry about.
    10-27-2015 01:18 PM
    That's normal. All iPhones do this.

I noticed the other day too that mine behaved a little weird while charging. I always dry the battery completely at least once every three months or so. I noticed it was at 4% charge dor a long time then all of a sudden at 13%. However I did not monitor it further and I have had no battery issues while in use. I'm sure it's just some software hickup nothing to worry about.
    Hmmm ok, I hope you are right. This is my first Iphone, I come from Android and haven't had this jumping around of the battery indicator so I thought maybe my battery was defective. Didn't know that Iphones generally stay at 100% very long before decharging either, did a reset through Itunes and all.

Thanks for your reply, feeling a bit calmer.
    10-27-2015 02:35 PM
    I have never seen my iphone do that while charging. That said, I've also not sat there and continually looked at the meter. I will say that when I do check to see how full it is, it is always the higher than previously ... and not lower.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-27-2015 02:49 PM
    I have never seen my iphone do that while charging. That said, I've also not sat there and continually looked at the meter. I will say that when I do check to see how full it is, itis always the higher than previously ... and not lower.
    Didn't initially sit there staring at the meter, I was using my phone and by chance saw the first jump. Then I started paying attention to it.

I have to say my phone is decharging normally, the battery life has been very good. Just that it did weird things during charging and maybe it did these things during its previous charges as well, but I left the phone alone then and didn't notice.
    10-27-2015 03:28 PM
    It's just the % icon thingy. It's not your battery. Try toggling it off and back on.
    10-27-2015 04:07 PM
    My 6s+ was "stuck" at 35% a few days ago. Was like that all day until I rebooted it. The funny thing is after I rebooted the phone, it was at 65% and then acted normal. But I have never seen it go up and down like the OP mentioned, and in the years of owning iPhones I've never seen anything like what mine did either.
    10-27-2015 05:04 PM
    My 6s+ was "stuck" at 35% a few days ago. Was like that all day until I rebooted it. The funny thing is after I rebooted the phone, it was at 65% and then acted normal. But I have never seen it go up and down like the OP mentioned, and in the years of owning iPhones I've never seen anything like what mine did either.
    I've seen my daughter's iphone 5 do that. It would get stuck and then change after a reboot. But that phone was old and getting on in years ...
    10-28-2015 10:57 AM
    I don't think its normal at all and I have had far more phones, tablets, pda's (as they were called once) etc about 150 of them over the past 20 years and I have never had the battery levels jump around during charging.
    10-28-2015 09:52 PM
    I also have the same situation as mentioned by KiraYamato. After i found out the short increase of battery percentage, i opted to restart my phone, once i restarted the phone, the % rise up and more higher before i restart the phone. Did a clean restore, still having the same problem. Anyone, please help? Owed and used since iPhone 4, never had this kind of situation with those previous devices.
    10-30-2015 11:57 AM