View Poll Results: Chip in current phone having issues?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung

2 33.33%
  • TSMC

4 66.67%
    I am curious to see if majority of the issues being reported are with the Samsung or TSMC chip inside..

NOT including battery issues, We already know the samsung burns thru faster...
    10-25-2015 11:15 AM
    I have had both models via exchanges. Currently have TSMC version, only. Notable difference aside from battery is that the TSMC version seems to stay cooler when playing games and installing apps (restore) otherwise virtually the same. I really think it's a non issue.
    10-25-2015 11:27 AM
    jsntrenkler do you have the entire site on alert to your phone.. LOL Your fast on replying and always replying LOL...

I have had both models via exchanges. Currently have TSMC version, only. Notable difference aside from battery is that the TSMC version seems to stay cooler when playing games and installing apps (restore) otherwise virtually the same. I really think it's a non issue.
    10-25-2015 11:41 AM
    jsntrenkler do you have the entire site on alert to your phone.. LOL Your fast on replying and always replying LOL...
    As a matter of fact ...
    Just_Me_D and jayk82 like this.
    10-25-2015 12:21 PM
    Battery life is indifferent. Performance is still the same either way. You don't notice a difference.

Samsung
    Trooper27 likes this.
    10-25-2015 06:56 PM
    TSMC. 6S Plus works fine. I never really pay attention to detailed battery life and all that. The battery shaming of apps in the battery menu is most definitely something I don't pay attention to either.
    10-26-2015 01:54 PM
    I have the Samsung and my 6s+ work great. No problems what so ever. So far.
    10-26-2015 09:25 PM
    Could one of you kind members please post up the process on how one can determine which one of these processors is inside my Plus?
    11-04-2015 07:46 PM
    I voted before I read the title. I have samsung chip, but not having issues. iPhone 6s plus 128 gig.
    11-04-2015 07:52 PM
    Could one of you kind members please post up the process on how one can determine which one of these processors is inside my Plus?
    This has been discussed quite extensively on the forum. You can find plenty of information as well as instructions for determining which chip you have here: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6s-pl...sung-tsmc.html
    Gunny Fitz likes this.
    11-04-2015 07:53 PM
    I'm on my fourth 6S+. The first had a faulty home button and the middle two had terrible screen issues. There is definitely less battery life with a Samsung A9. My first two were TSMC and I consistently got 11.5-12.5 hours of use per charge cycle. The last two have had Samsung chips and I consistently get 9.5-10.5 hours of use per charge cycle. Same carrier, same home/work location and same usage pattern. I lose a whole *two hours* with the Samsung chip phones and that is absolutely nothing to sniff at!

I'm incredibly disappointed with the Samsung A9 battery life and with no way to tell which chip you're getting if you swap phones, it could be a long play at the exchange game. I'm really not sure that I can be bothered with all the hassle and who's to say that if I did land on a TSMC chip again that it wouldn't have a screen issue.
    I buy my phones outright SIM-free and I'm not comfortable laying out so much money when I know there are 6S+ phones out there getting an extra two hours of battery life (*based on my own typical usage pattern).
    Gunny Fitz likes this.
    11-05-2015 10:59 PM
    Mind someone with samsung chip but still able to get 11-12.5 hours of battery usage to share your battery usage screen?
    11-06-2015 01:22 AM
    I'm on my fourth 6S+. The first had a faulty home button and the middle two had terrible screen issues. There is definitely less battery life with a Samsung A9. My first two were TSMC and I consistently got 11.5-12.5 hours of use per charge cycle. The last two have had Samsung chips and I consistently get 9.5-10.5 hours of use per charge cycle. Same carrier, same home/work location and same usage pattern. I lose a whole *two hours* with the Samsung chip phones and that is absolutely nothing to sniff at!

I'm incredibly disappointed with the Samsung A9 battery life and with no way to tell which chip you're getting if you swap phones, it could be a long play at the exchange game. I'm really not sure that I can be bothered with all the hassle and who's to say that if I did land on a TSMC chip again that it wouldn't have a screen issue.
    I buy my phones outright SIM-free and I'm not comfortable laying out so much money when I know there are 6S+ phones out there getting an extra two hours of battery life (*based on my own typical usage pattern).
    Mind someone with samsung chip but still able to get 11-12.5 hours of battery usage to share your battery usage screen?
    11-06-2015 01:22 AM
    My findings are based against my own usage on different phones, so they are totally accurate for me.
    11-06-2015 08:24 PM

Spencerdl likes this.
    11-06-2015 10:02 PM
    11-07-2015 11:20 AM
    Wow that's impressive.
    This one was after I killed the Facebook app. Facebook had knocked about 2 hours battery life off. SMH
    11-07-2015 12:32 PM
    This one was after I killed the Facebook app. Facebook had knocked about 2 hours battery life off. SMH
    Did you turn on low power mode?
    11-09-2015 03:12 AM
    Did you turn on low power mode?
    No, I never use that. It's come on a few times when I got to 20%. But I usually turn it off.
    11-09-2015 10:13 AM
    Can someone tell me how to "kill" Facebook? Does that mean to delete the app? I check my battery settings and Facebook consistently uses more battery than anything else, when I haven't been on the app? How is that?
    11-09-2015 12:48 PM
    I checked my phone and I have the Samsung chip. Not any issues really, except sometimes when I touch the Messages app or the Mail app it doesn't register immediately and it takes a few seconds to open, but not every time. Not a big deal really, but wonder if the Samsung chip is causing those slight lag issues? Otherwise the phone works great the rest of the time and gets great battery life.....
    11-09-2015 12:52 PM
    I checked my phone and I have the Samsung chip. Not any issues really, except sometimes when I touch the Messages app or the Mail app it doesn't register immediately and it takes a few seconds to open, but not every time. Not a big deal really, but wonder if the Samsung chip is causing those slight lag issues? Otherwise the phone works great the rest of the time and gets great battery life.....
    No. It's not causing anything at all. All phones will have a few quirks. A hard reset may fix it. Sometimes it takes a restore as new to iron it out.
    11-09-2015 02:03 PM
    Mind to share your battery usage screen?
    11-10-2015 04:25 AM
    I'm getting similar or sometimes better (if I don't watch a lot of Netflix, YouTube). Mine has Samsung chip6s Plus Issues: Comparing Samsung and TSMC Chip-imageuploadedbytapatalk1447189946.274851.jpg
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-10-2015 04:13 PM
    Battery life is indifferent. Performance is still the same either way. You don't notice a difference.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...1334007e59.jpg

Samsung
    what is the app that uses most of your battery life?

Do you turn off background app refresh, location services ? Is it connected to Apple watch?
    11-18-2015 01:54 AM
33 12