• Samsung

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • TSMC

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am curious to see if majority of the issues being reported are with the Samsung or TSMC chip inside..

NOT including battery issues, We already know the samsung burns thru faster...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had both models via exchanges. Currently have TSMC version, only. Notable difference aside from battery is that the TSMC version seems to stay cooler when playing games and installing apps (restore) otherwise virtually the same. I really think it's a non issue.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
jsntrenkler do you have the entire site on alert to your phone.. LOL Your fast on replying and always replying LOL...

I have had both models via exchanges. Currently have TSMC version, only. Notable difference aside from battery is that the TSMC version seems to stay cooler when playing games and installing apps (restore) otherwise virtually the same. I really think it's a non issue.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is indifferent. Performance is still the same either way. You don't notice a difference.
8441c0805dc1635b44deea1334007e59.jpg

Samsung

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
TSMC. 6S Plus works fine. I never really pay attention to detailed battery life and all that. The battery shaming of apps in the battery menu is most definitely something I don't pay attention to either.

Gunny Fitz

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Could one of you kind members please post up the process on how one can determine which one of these processors is inside my Plus?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I voted before I read the title. I have samsung chip, but not having issues. iPhone 6s plus 128 gig.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

rogermellie

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my fourth 6S+. The first had a faulty home button and the middle two had terrible screen issues. There is definitely less battery life with a Samsung A9. My first two were TSMC and I consistently got 11.5-12.5 hours of use per charge cycle. The last two have had Samsung chips and I consistently get 9.5-10.5 hours of use per charge cycle. Same carrier, same home/work location and same usage pattern. I lose a whole *two hours* with the Samsung chip phones and that is absolutely nothing to sniff at!

I'm incredibly disappointed with the Samsung A9 battery life and with no way to tell which chip you're getting if you swap phones, it could be a long play at the exchange game. I'm really not sure that I can be bothered with all the hassle and who's to say that if I did land on a TSMC chip again that it wouldn't have a screen issue.
I buy my phones outright SIM-free and I'm not comfortable laying out so much money when I know there are 6S+ phones out there getting an extra two hours of battery life (*based on my own typical usage pattern).

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my fourth 6S+. The first had a faulty home button and the middle two had terrible screen issues. There is definitely less battery life with a Samsung A9. My first two were TSMC and I consistently got 11.5-12.5 hours of use per charge cycle. The last two have had Samsung chips and I consistently get 9.5-10.5 hours of use per charge cycle. Same carrier, same home/work location and same usage pattern. I lose a whole *two hours* with the Samsung chip phones and that is absolutely nothing to sniff at!

I'm incredibly disappointed with the Samsung A9 battery life and with no way to tell which chip you're getting if you swap phones, it could be a long play at the exchange game. I'm really not sure that I can be bothered with all the hassle and who's to say that if I did land on a TSMC chip again that it wouldn't have a screen issue.
I buy my phones outright SIM-free and I'm not comfortable laying out so much money when I know there are 6S+ phones out there getting an extra two hours of battery life (*based on my own typical usage pattern).

Mind someone with samsung chip but still able to get 11-12.5 hours of battery usage to share your battery usage screen?

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to "kill" Facebook? Does that mean to delete the app? I check my battery settings and Facebook consistently uses more battery than anything else, when I haven't been on the app? How is that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2