Is the 128 Space Grey the new golden jewel?

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I like to swap year to year. White one year and black the next.

I'm jonesin for a 128 Space Grey and I was thinking that that would be easy pickings with the new Rose Gold but dead wrong.

That space grey is never available (in the Colorado Springs store at least). Maybe it's because there are three white facing phones and only one black facing phone. Or the pristine white fad is finally over. Or Rose Gold was a bust.

I have no idea...but I sit and wait anyway.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm jonesin for a 128 Space Grey and I was thinking that that would be easy pickings with the new Rose Gold but dead wrong.

That space grey is never available (in the Colorado Springs store at least). Maybe it's because there are three white facing phones and only one black facing phone. Or the pristine white fad is finally over. Or Rose Gold was a bust.

Just so you know and to rub it in (Smile), I have the iPhone 128gb Space Gray 6s Plus and I LUV it....SMILE

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445620184.633220.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Just check Apple Store inventory whenever you can check during the day. It'll come up. It's not really that sacred.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the white faced iPhones are more practical for me just because I am not able to see the fine scratches on the glass as much as I would with a black faced iPhone over time. Also, I just like the "clean" look of the white and silver. Especially with the silver ring for the Touch ID. To each his own really.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm looking every day...try to reserve about 3-4 times a day. Still no luck.

I can't get any other 6S+...the black though....only 16GB available

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh I'm looking every day...try to reserve about 3-4 times a day. Still no luck.

I can't get any other 6S+...the black though....only 16GB available

Try the Apple store on your current Apple device @8AM sharp everyday and reserve for same day pick up. Thats how I got mine a week after Apple iPhone Launch Day.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the white faced iPhones are more practical for me just because I am not able to see the fine scratches on the glass as much as I would with a black faced iPhone over time. Also, I just like the "clean" look of the white and silver. Especially with the silver ring for the Touch ID. To each his own really.

The new 6s/6s Plus has a new stronger and scratch resistant Apple Glass thats not supposed to get those microscopic scratches anymore, but time will tell. As of right now I don't have any scratches or microscopic scratches on my screen and I'm without a screen protector for the first time in my smartphone life (over 8+years).

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
It's all about timing. I walked into my local AT&T store yesterday and said I want the 6s space gray 128gb. Store employee said, we've been out since day 1 but just got a few in today. :cool:

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
As far as I am concerned the answer is yes. I like the black face a lot. And the grey color back is bad to the bone. Plus it is as close to Spurs colors as it gets.

JaneGL

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

Some weirdness with my order, they told me my rose gold was delayed due to north American wide shortage and then bam one week later it arrived. I don't think the carrier reps really had a clue to begin with (shocker!)

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Only option for me due to a black face.
The only white face phone I had was a Note II back in 2012.
I thought I would like it but I find that the white bezel around a display causes eyestrain with prolonged use.
It would be great if they offered the other colors with a black bezel as featured in space grey!
Other anodized colors such as ruby red, sapphire, turquoise, etc. would even make it more interesting.
Even though I keep mine in a case I tend to prefer a color close to the natural aluminum color.
Because even in a case you can get tiny nicks due to sand getting in and with a color that's darker than the natural aluminum it shows. This anodizing over the 7K series seems to be tougher than previous generations.
It's hard to tell because the drop tests either focus on whether the display cracks or totally destroying the phone with a high power rifle or blending it, etc.!

A real test would involve an iphone 6 and iphone 6s in a case like a speck with a bunch of silica sand tossed in and used for a month. I'd be curious as to how the finish fares after such modest but real world abuse. I have both phones, cases and lots of sand but I'm not sacrificing mine!

p.s. I used iStockNow Live iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Stock Map to find a 128GB rose gold + for my wife.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just put an order in with my carrier and waited. It sucks not having your new phone sure but it was worth it to get exactly what I wanted (white 128 GB 6s+). The phone is beautiful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2