Over heating

suken123

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
With LTE on when I speak on the phone the handset gets real hot around my ear. Anyone else facing this problem?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
No heat issues, I did experience the same with a iPhone 5 when it was new. Took it to the Apple Store and they promptly exchanged it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having no problems with overheating. I've been streaming the NFL football on Yahoo since 9:15AM (over 3 hours), no overheating whatsoever

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's a few tips for a phone that gets too hot and uses too much battery.
1. Reboot the phone.
2. Turn off automatic updates.
3. Turn off unnecessary apps you suspect are running in the background. (Facebook)
4. Change the level of brightness. Turn it down as low as possible.
5. Restore the phone as new. (Not from back up).
Hope this helps someone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Update on my warming from yesterday: I suspected a rogue app or two may have been running in the background even with background App Refresh off. I killed 4 I suspected and my phone has ceased to get too warm. I thought at first it was me charging while using. But I've been doing that today and it's not warm.

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this last night for the first time, played a couple different shooter games for a half hour or so. got real warm around the apple logo area. cooled off afyer i stopped, but i was concerned.

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine still gets hot when playing graphic intensive games... Unkilled,mc5 etc. I called Apple and they ran a diagnostic of the phone. Said everything looked fine. If gets worse to call them. I still think it's a little warmer than it should be.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
No problem here either. I did notice it gets pretty warm when I'm also playing a shooter game for awhile. I'm pretty sure that's common, past previous phones use to do that as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Warm is not going to hurt. It's normal for the iPhone to get warm when playing intense games, charging while using, even using some of the photo editing apps. There's no need for concern unless the phone gets "Hot" to the touch. When it gets too hot, you'll see a warning.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW