I was facing the similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy 4. When I tried to find the fault I was not successful. I called Samsung Customer Service here and asked them the reason. They told me the below mentioned reason for overheating of phone :-

-Faulty SD card may be the reason. Format the SD card and insert in mobile.
    -It may also due to software issue. Update your device.

-Close extra apps which you are not using. It will also reduce load from your set.
    -Water falling on your device is also one of the reason for overheating. In such case it will be better to visit service center.

-If it getting heated with the use of ear piece then you need to put your phone in CPU power saving mode.For that go to Settings > My Device > enable Power saving mode. Now you need to click on the power- saving mode and it will open a new page. Here there are three options, among them CPU power saving tab is to be clicked.

I followed the first mode and after formatting of SD card, I checked it for around 3 hours. But thereafter it was heated again and my problem was solved.
    06-09-2016 02:37 AM
    I was facing the similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy 4. When I tried to find the fault I was not successful. I called Samsung Customer Service here and asked them the reason. They told me the below mentioned reason for overheating of phone :-

-Faulty SD card may be the reason. Format the SD card and insert in mobile.
    -It may also due to software issue. Update your device.

-Close extra apps which you are not using. It will also reduce load from your set.
    -Water falling on your device is also one of the reason for overheating. In such case it will be better to visit service center.

-If it getting heated with the use of ear piece then you need to put your phone in CPU power saving mode.For that go to Settings > My Device > enable Power saving mode. Now you need to click on the power- saving mode and it will open a new page. Here there are three options, among them CPU power saving tab is to be clicked.

I followed the first mode and after formatting of SD card, I checked it for around 3 hours. But thereafter it was heated again and my problem was solved.
    I have a hard time seeing how a bad SD card would cause overheating. It's worth a try though I suppose.
    06-14-2016 01:27 AM
    Ive had my 6s plus get hot but thats because i left it in the sun to long.
    It did get warm using lte a lot.
    06-14-2016 06:40 AM
28 12