OIS Available in all resolutions?

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Just a quick question regarding the video camera setting. Is the OIS of the 6S Plus used in all video resolutions and frame-rates or only in certain ones? Hoping its available on the 4K and 1080/60fps! :)

Thanks!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Does work in 4K .. Too bad I don't have a 4K TV to watch my videos on

If you shoot video to edit later, you get some amazing quality by using 4K source and downsampling it to 1080p. It's similar to what some cameras do by taking pictures on a large sensor and then downsampling to a lower resolution. Noise and Artifacting is almost invisible, etc. And you get a MUCH better frame of view than 1080p coming out of the iPhone (which looks like it was digitally zoomed 3-4x). 4K is more useful than simply watching it on a 4K TV. You get better 1080p at the end of the editing process by shooting 4K, editing, and then exporting to 1080p.

No phones are doing OIS on 4K video these days, that I know of.

Honestly I don't really think the OIS on the iPhone is a selling point as long as you canNOT turn off the Digital Stabilization in the settings. You'll still going to have some of the most cropped-in, digitally stabilized, video in the smartphone market coming out of the phone - OIS or not.

OIS with the option to turn off Digital Stabilization is baller because PC Software does Stabilization much better than smartphones do, with less cropping and and better results.

So I rather Optically Stabilize in the Phone with no Cropping, then Edit and Crop LESS with better stabilization on my PC later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2